Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 21st August 2011, 20:12   #121
dan_dan_the_saxo_man
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1998 saxo 1.1 sx 2001 saxo vtr
dan_dan_the_saxo_man is on a distinguished road

sorry if i skipped a few pages...did u re test a dyno after u found power loss?
dan_dan_the_saxo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 20:13   #122
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitroenSport View Post
50 mile trip so will be more than a quater tank of v power lol

so what does that code mean then? That the ECU is fucked?
I've had P0606 fault code come up in the past - it's an integrity fault. Basically the ECU compares itself to a known good condition (in a nutshell, a self diagnostics), when it flags a problem it means it's either:
a) knackered
b) actually it's seeing another Citroen specific fault

On both cases mine was seeing another error but can't be directly read through an ELM327 diagnostics reader - you need a proper fault code reader (the proper ones that cost thousands which I can't remember the name of), anyway you need a trip to Citroen or a garage with one of those expensive jobbies. I kept clearing the 606 fault code with my ELM327 reader only for the damn thing to appear a few days later, so on a trip to manic motors (they had the expensive reader jobby) they pulled off the Citroen specific faults (which were lambda/decat related and it was fine since)

Next, if your engine is gobbling a quarter of a tank to 50 miles I'd be seriously %^&*ed off with your car.

Next, unless the EML light is actually flashing at you the car won't be in limp mode - so don't panic if it's just on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitroenSport View Post
Well just been out with my mate in his 172cup and it is 100% quicker we had quite a few goes so?!?!?
...so the 172 has more dire problems than your saxo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkslider View Post
This thread is worrying me a bit, plan for my car is I want it to be quick on the road and the odd track day. I was hoping with enclosed induction, 421 mani, full magnex system and ph3 cams and a remap I'd have an easy reliable well running 150 bhp with more mid range power than I've got now. Am I dreaming on a standard ECU?
Wouldn't bother, this why I can't be arsed with all this camming milarky on a standard ECU. I bought ph3s and I'm so so so glad I didn't have them put in. Yeah it's great pub talk to say you have a 150 hp saxo for the odd race against a sickly 172 (see above) but you have to rev the tits out of it and there's bog all torque low down, in essence the day to day driveability blows.

But I'm genuinely intrigued for CitroenSport what happens to the car - got to be timing that's the only thing left, unless the engine internals are totally fudged - also mate don't go taking it 8000 rpm (if the tachometer is to be believed) on the standard followers.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry123 For This Useful Post:
Old 21st August 2011, 22:14   #123
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

the fault only came up when it was re timed to catcams generic spec from what i can gather, but pulls alot better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:39   #124
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

ive had a play about with the timing for him. i think people think cammed vts' are going to be faster than they are. its a waste of money camming them imo. i would say go for boost or just make a good handling car and save yourself 1k for 0.1s quicker. the fault code was on before blackie, i check and cleared it to see if that was the problem.
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williamsvts For This Useful Post:
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:39   #125
Darkslider
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS | Defender 90 | Kawasaki ZX6R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Darkslider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Wouldn't bother, this why I can't be arsed with all this camming milarky on a standard ECU. I bought ph3s and I'm so so so glad I didn't have them put in. Yeah it's great pub talk to say you have a 150 hp saxo for the odd race against a sickly 172 (see above) but you have to rev the tits out of it and there's bog all torque low down, in essence the day to day driveability blows.
Given me something to think about there. I love the way my VTS pulls at high revs, if I could give it a bit more mid range beans without spending a fortune I'd be happy. That's why I was looking at PH3s, the blurb on them and various notes on this forum say that they increase mid range power with a remap which is what I want.

So can I get a decent amount of power coming in earlier in the revs with a standard ECU? Or is it honestly not even worth trying without standalone management like a Predator ecu or similar? I was expecting to have to take it to a reputable mapping company and get it rolling roaded either way, I don't imagine a £150 superchips plug in would quite cut it!

Thanks for the advice!
Darkslider is offline   Reply With Quote