Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 20th March 2007, 19:30   #61
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
ets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant future

LMAO @ Hessle is that the standard gear for cams?
Old 20th March 2007, 19:32   #62
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ets2k9 View Post
LMAO @ Hessle is that the standard gear for cams?
yeah it should come as part of the deal when buying cams if you ask me
hesslevtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 19:37   #63
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

ets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant future

Group buy anyone???
Old 20th March 2007, 19:38   #64
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

for people who want cams steve, not to bottle it
Old 20th March 2007, 19:39   #65
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Group buy anyone???
wonder if they will do me a deal for a vtr
Old 20th March 2007, 19:42   #66
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
for people who want cams steve, not to bottle it
HAHAHA - fuck spending 1k+ to get a magical 160bhp on a car thats worth peanuts.
Old 20th March 2007, 19:43   #67
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
wonder if they will do me a deal for a vtr
They might do you some neon washer jets you dont need any safety gear in the vtr.
Old 20th March 2007, 19:44   #68
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
They might do you some neon washer jets you dont need any safety gear in the vtr.
i know i just wnated some of them pants thats all
Old 20th March 2007, 19:49   #69
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
HAHAHA - fuck spending 1k+ to get a magical 160bhp on a car thats worth peanuts.
worth it if track toy
Old 20th March 2007, 20:18   #70
TheMadSaxo
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 172 cup - Honda Civic Jordan.
TheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of lightTheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of lightTheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of lightTheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of lightTheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of lightTheMadSaxo is a glorious beacon of light

People only look at 0-60mph and for them that tells them all they need to know about how quick their car is. What about 0-100mph? 30-70mph?

Strength of a Vts is 'off the mark' and 'handling' but please don't tell me there's not a lot between a Vts and a Ctr because there is. A Ctr will go from 60mph to 100mph about 5 seconds quicker that a Vts.

For crying out loud it's only 120bhp and YES IT IS LIGHT but against the new breed of 'hot hatches' you're having a laugh.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:24   #71
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People only look at 0-60mph and for them that tells them all they need to know about how quick their car is. What about 0-100mph? 30-70mph?

Strength of a Vts is 'off the mark' and 'handling' but please don't tell me there's not a lot between a Vts and a Ctr because there is. A Ctr will go from 60mph to 100mph about 5 seconds quicker that a Vts.

For crying out loud it's only 120bhp and YES IT IS LIGHT but against the new breed of 'hot hatches' you're having a laugh.
I agree with the majority of that little statement.

Bullit - Yeah I can see the logic in that but for getting me to work I dont need them.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:24   #72
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadSaxo View Post

But this threads about 0-60
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 20:25   #73
vtr130
Established Member

iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

LOl, there is alot of vts's tht would rip a ctr m8. Spend about 1.5k on the engine and you'l be keeping with them all day long. Also alot of people cant afford 12k+ on a civic type arse.
vtr130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 20:27   #74
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Green mk1 vtr/s and Focus zetec
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr130 View Post
LOl, there is alot of vts's tht would rip a ctr m8. Spend about 1.5k on the engine and you'l be keeping with them all day long. Also alot of people cant afford 12k+ on a civic type arse.
ridiculous to compare a standard car with a modified one. spend 1.5k on a ctr engine and yet again it's bye bye vts.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 20:28   #75
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Do you think the people in the Civic will care though?

You've just roared past in a french bean can, they think hahaha bloody boyracers and relax back into the luxurious seats and listen to the stereo not a load of squeeks or rattles.
Old 20th March 2007, 20:33   #76
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Bullit - Yeah I can see the logic in that but for getting me to work I dont need them.
know what you mean, i wouldnt have spent money and ripped the interior out on mine if it wasnt mu muck about car
Old 20th March 2007, 20:35   #77
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
know what you mean, i wouldnt have spent money and ripped the interior out on mine if it wasnt mu muck about car
Thats the best plan Id go mad if I had another car to fall back on but I'd go down the mk1 golf route.

I'm hoping for a company car then I can live this little dream out....

I suppose I could apply for a job as an Ice cream man...
Old 20th March 2007, 20:48   #78
platty
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): RS 182
platty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really nice

Quote:
Do you think the people in the Civic will care though?

You've just roared past in a french bean can, they think hahaha bloody boyracers and relax back into the luxurious seats and listen to the stereo not a load of squeeks or rattles.
i hate my rattles and squeaks.

for the money id probably have a vts but i will always adore the ctr's.

you cant really compare them though the ctr is in a different league.

CLIOPERIENCE!!!!!!
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2007, 20:50   #79
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
ridiculous to compare a standard car with a modified one. spend 1.5k on a ctr engine and yet again it's bye bye vts.
Exactly, i said similar earlier in the thread.. i love saxo's and they are quick little cars BUT a civic type r is another league all together..Saxo's are quick/nippy.. ctr's are FAST.. end of..
Old 20th March 2007, 20:59   #80
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore

I'm flying the CTR flag too.......