Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 26th November 2007, 20:51   #141
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_safc View Post
anderson how did you go about your oil pressure sensor mate??? as i said before mine snapped when i tightend the manifold on because it pushed against it......or did u get a mk1 oil pressure sensor??
Left it out and tie wrapped it to the top rad hose lol

Luckily that's just a temporary measure. When I lined the manifold up for a trial fit I noticed the hole where the pressure sensor goes is easily accessible whilst the manifold is on, so I left it out for now until I get a plug spanner.

When it comes to putting it in I'll just rebuild it to make it smaller, looks easily enough.
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 23:05   #142
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Wish this was a striaght forward job! Keep it posted on the final product then Anders0n!
Old 26th November 2007, 23:18   #143
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

thing is ali it is a straight forward job you just need to plan ahead and make sure you have all the parts and it will be fine trust me m8
Old 26th November 2007, 23:26   #144
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliC View Post
Wish this was a striaght forward job! Keep it posted on the final product then Anders0n!
Check my progress thread mate, I've posted a little vid in there of how it sounds. It's a camera phone video so not the best. I'll be doing one with a proper video camera when I get a chance.

It's well worth the hassle mate, the sound is just sexual.
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 11:02   #145
AliC
Frequent Poster

AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Yea i no what you mean, ive got everthing new that could and can be used when fitting the new manifold so it shouldnt be a problem plus the guy doing it is amazin when it comes to making things work!
Old 27th November 2007, 11:59   #146
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

exactly m8 u cant go wrong then lol
Old 28th November 2007, 16:14   #147
AliC
Frequent Poster

Tell me this finchy, abit of the subject but can i take my orignal lights out and spray them black insde?
Old 28th November 2007, 16:21   #148
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

Quote:
Tell me this finchy, abit of the subject but can i take my orignal lights out and spray them black insde?
you mean like this in the guide below??

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47845
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 16:49   #149
AliC
Frequent Poster

aw cheers m8!
Old 28th November 2007, 17:59   #150
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

yes you can m8 its very easy a very worth while mod, makes a huge difference
Old 29th November 2007, 10:16   #151
AliC
Frequent Poster

Yea, im thinking of getting the wheels done in black, then black the lights out and maybe spray all the mesh black will see how it goes? Bring on santa lol
Old 29th November 2007, 10:33   #152
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

Quote:
Yea, im thinking of getting the wheels done in black, then black the lights out and maybe spray all the mesh black will see how it goes? Bring on santa lol
get a photoshop done off what your wanting to see what it will look like
Old 29th November 2007, 12:43   #153
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

black is the way forward photoshop boys will sort you out m8
Old 5th December 2007, 23:14   #154
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

finchy mate. that m10 tap was solid. took me and ma mate about 40mins to do it. all done now though. cheers
Old 5th December 2007, 23:17   #155
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): silver saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

40 mins lol it took me about 2 mins to tap that hole.... i used a socket set wrench instead of the proppa tool was a bit easier
marc_safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 23:19   #156
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

never thought off that. we use the stupid tool thing. it was hard to get into it to push
Old 5th December 2007, 23:21   #157
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): silver saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

i found that aswell....its just hard to get started thats all.... youve gota take it 1 full turn in then half a turn back out to get rid of the metal shavings
marc_safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2007, 23:22   #158
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_safc View Post
i found that aswell....its just hard to get started thats all.... youve gota take it 1 full turn in then half a turn back out to get rid of the metal shavings
totally agree with you there mate.
Old 6th December 2007, 09:35   #159
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

i cant believe how much more of a job to do it is on the mk2s mk1s are so much easier
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 10:54   #160
AliC
Frequent Poster

lol im still waiting to get mine fitted! My m8 told me to throw it down to him today so fingers crossed!