Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 3rd November 2008, 23:34   #1
_THE_STIG_
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): CITREON SAXO 1.1I
_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts
Default cammed vtr as quick as a vts

a cammed vtr with remap
de-cat exsaust
bmc induction kit
4-2-1 raceland manifold
b&m quickshift

as quick as a standard VTS???
_THE_STIG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:37   #2
paddy88
Regular Poster
Ireland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Golf GTI, Audi A3, Saxo VTR
paddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of light

i have heard with a cam and a GOOD RE-MAP, along with de-cat bmc and 4-2-1, you can be looking at around 120bhp so yer am guessing it would be as quick as a standard vts
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:44   #3
_THE_STIG_
Regular Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): CITREON SAXO 1.1I
_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts_THE_STIG_ is infamous around these parts

i was told with all them mods i said it could be about 130 BHPish
_THE_STIG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:49   #4
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Depends, lot's to take into account..

My cammed vtr is running 122bhp and ran a 15.6 1/4 with crap tyres. No doubt with me (a 4-5 stone lighter driver) and a decent set of tyres I could shave it down to 15.4. The vtr was fully stripped as well, makes a pretty big difference on the 1/4..

I've seen a standard VTS running all day at york (full interior) and the best it ran was a 15.4, worse being a 15.6 .. excusing the lap up the strip were he missed a gear. Not sure on tyres though for the VTS.

So yes it's possible from my past experiances but take into account tyres / cars being stripped etc..

I have no doubt that after 80-90 (practically when the 1/4 ends) the cammed vtr will start to run out of puff compared to the vts. Not really tried mine against another vts at them speeds to tell you though.

Also take into account if the vtr is a mark 1 or mark 2, mark 2's are slightley faster as standard.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:53   #5
paddy88
Regular Poster
Ireland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Golf GTI, Audi A3, Saxo VTR
paddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of lightpaddy88 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Also take into account if the vtr is a mark 1 or mark 2, mark 2's are slightley faster as standard.

yup sounds about right
Old 4th November 2008, 00:09   #6
Rob-C
Established Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR MK2
Rob-C is on a distinguished road

and its only late mark 2's as i got an early mk1 which is a single plug silvertop 90bhp

same as blacktop
Rob-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 00:12   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

the main factor alot of people tend to forget about is the gearbox and not just the power output
Old 4th November 2008, 00:18   #8
Rob-C
Established Member

stick an xsi box in the vtr
Old 4th November 2008, 00:21   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-C View Post
alot dont though.

its one of the reasons the vts is considerably faster to 60. not just the engine but the box is totally different, the vtr box is the same as a diesel ffs!
Old 4th November 2008, 00:25   #10
Rob-C
Established Member

for my vtr im going with the xsi or s2 rallye box, imo the s1 is a little too close as i will be using mine everyday and on the motorways now and again lol
Old 4th November 2008, 00:27   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
for my vtr im going with the xsi or s2 rallye box, imo the s1 is a little too close as i will be using mine everyday and on the motorways now and again lol
im running a diffed up s2 box in my '16v' vtr.

Just sold my diffed up s1 box this week for the reason i didnt fancy 8k revs on trips to the ring.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:28   #12
Rob-C
Established Member

what speed do you do now on motorway mate and what revs
Old 4th November 2008, 00:33   #13
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
what speed do you do now on motorway mate and what revs
prefer not to post it on a forum lol!

theres a calculator on here though with ratios etc...

at the ring iirc i was hitting just about a ton at the top of 3rd 8-8.5k rpm.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:43   #14
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
the main factor alot of people tend to forget about is the gearbox and not just the power output
Aye well like I said I am going from past experiances nothing more,

I think what I am trying to say is just because a vtr has 120-130bhp +, it does not make it as fast as a vts. I know if my vtr was running the same tyres + full interior it would not be as fast as a vts or as close as it is now.

Never looked into changing the box on mine, the xsi/rallye box what you speak of limits your top speed by a considerable amount dosent it? or am I thinking of a different box..
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 00:55   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Aye well like I said I am going from past experiances nothing more,

I think what I am trying to say is just because a vtr has 120-130bhp +, it does not make it as fast as a vts. I know if my vtr was running the same tyres + full interior it would not be as fast as a vts or as close as it is now.

Never looked into changing the box on mine, the xsi/rallye box what you speak of limits your top speed by a considerable amount dosent it? or am I thinking of a different box..
the s1 rallye box is what really rapes top end. Yates has the xsi crown wheel and pinion i sold him so his is now an xsi box (same as vts gearset but with better final drive imo) s2 rallye is another option as its a bit 'longer' once the final drive is taken into account compaired to the other two

If you want to do more track action in your 8v one of the best things you could do would fit an ATB like matt did and have a slight tweek of the gearbox you use.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:33   #16
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _THE_STIG_ View Post
a cammed vtr with remap
de-cat exsaust
bmc induction kit
4-2-1 raceland manifold
b&m quickshift

as quick as a standard VTS???
IMO yes until end of 4th start of 5th Gear.
Because of the gear box.
With a VTS box on the VTR without a doubt would be neck and neck imo
Old 4th November 2008, 08:34   #17
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Depends, lot's to take into account..

My cammed vtr is running 122bhp and ran a 15.6 1/4 with crap tyres. No doubt with me (a 4-5 stone lighter driver) and a decent set of tyres I could shave it down to 15.4. The vtr was fully stripped as well, makes a pretty big difference on the 1/4..

I've seen a standard VTS running all day at york (full interior) and the best it ran was a 15.4, worse being a 15.6 .. excusing the lap up the strip were he missed a gear. Not sure on tyres though for the VTS.

So yes it's possible from my past experiances but take into account tyres / cars being stripped etc..

I have no doubt that after 80-90 (practically when the 1/4 ends) the cammed vtr will start to run out of puff compared to the vts. Not really tried mine against another vts at them speeds to tell you though.

good detailed answer james.

Because i seen your car at speed thats what made me say yes
Old 4th November 2008, 08:36   #18
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
the s1 rallye box is what really rapes top end. Yates has the xsi crown wheel and pinion i sold him so his is now an xsi box (same as vts gearset but with better final drive imo) s2 rallye is another option as its a bit 'longer' once the final drive is taken into account compaired to the other two

If you want to do more track action in your 8v one of the best things you could do would fit an ATB like matt did and have a slight tweek of the gearbox you use.
sure he has the crown wheel out my 1.1 box?
or took something out of it anyway lol
Old 4th November 2008, 08:37   #19
croatvts
L-plater

Car(s): citroen saxo vtr-in my country it is also vts but
croatvts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
can i ask from which xsi should i take gearbox.106 or 306 peugeot
croatvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 10:12   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_VTS View Post
sure he has the crown wheel out my 1.1 box?
or took something out of it anyway lol
diff was machined to my mint 1.4xsi cpw.

there was a problem with the box and his flywheel or something iirc.