Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 8th January 2010, 17:53   #1
Mattt-VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Vee-Tee-aar Mk 2
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!Mattt-VTR is as cool as a cucumber!
Default FAO: Dj Gurus

Wanting to deffo start Djiing and the funds are available, so my question is who has experience in this?

Weighing up pros and cons, CDJs seem to be the way forward but what is your take on this?

Anyone who mixes using software to load tracks (used more with CDJ)

Anyone know of any good websites offering cheap packages (£700-800)

Thankkkkiinnnn you

Progress thread
Mattt-VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 17:58   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

HTFR is a good site for selection but not amazing for prices.
Old 12th January 2010, 04:34   #3
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

decks.co.uk

Cheapo packages are shit. The cheapest way with CDJs would be a pair of CDJ 200s. Avoid numark, stanton and the likes as they are not reliable.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 10:59   #4
MrAdaam
Infrequent Poster

MrAdaam is on a distinguished road

Thought about DJ Hero?
MrAdaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 12:07   #5
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdaam View Post
Thought about DJ Hero?
lol... and well within budget!!!

Personally though id get some vinyl decks, ive never enjoyed dj'ing on cd decks... and theres something so very satisfying watching your vinyl collection build up!
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 12:46   #6
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 12:51   #7
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

I've used CDJ for the last 10 years! It's def the format if you want to future proof yourself.

I'd say have a look on eBay for a pair of 2nd hand CDJ800s that have just been used in a bedroom set. You should be able to get these within budget.

Have most of the features of the CDJ1000 which I have but not quite as well built, which means they are less likely to be used out in a club for example.

Are you wanting to just get into DJing for use at home or do you want to be out in bars and clubs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 13:38   #8
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

When i first bought budget stuff, i got numark stuff and it was perfectly good and didn't really limit me. You do move up several steps in what you can do(looping, sampling etc etc) with the top end CDJs and pioneer mixers but then you pay 5 times as much for them so you've gotta make that choice. I reckon you'd get by fine for several years with cheaper kit.
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:03   #9
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
When i first bought budget stuff, i got numark stuff and it was perfectly good and didn't really limit me. You do move up several steps in what you can do(looping, sampling etc etc) with the top end CDJs and pioneer mixers but then you pay 5 times as much for them so you've gotta make that choice. I reckon you'd get by fine for several years with cheaper kit.
Good point tbh.

You can pick up some Vinyl Decks off eBay for like £40 each now and a mixer for like £15, and sell them on for profit.

Its best you learn the basics before sepdning proper money on equipment. Grasp the basics such as beat matching and training your ear then you can move on and upwards.

The CDJ1000 can do most of the hardwork for you now and que you up automatically, so you wouldnt learn as well imooooo.

I started off with Stanton and Numarks aswell and got some KAM CDJ's which were adequate while i was learning.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:04   #10
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

CDJ's are ideal / the future really

many clubs now have the turntables on the outside and the CDJ's on the inside because theyre more widley used.

obviously technology plays a fair part, and laptops are getting used more often.

stanton / numark are said to be the best in budget turntables, im not sure what theyre like for CDj's though

craig180 and ryan should know a fair ammount on this

once you get into the range of stanton STR8-150's / pionner CDJ2000's then your looking at near 8ks worth of stuff with a good mixer too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 00:07   #11
oligunner
L-plater
South Wales Region Member

oligunner is on a distinguished road

yer m8t go to www.whybuynew.co.uk theres some really good cheap stuff on there
oligunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 00:38   #12
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus_tin View Post
theres something so very satisfying watching your vinyl collection build up!
Which is usually great for emptying your wallet.

I love vinyl, but its expensive compaired to cd-mp3 and thats the exact reason its limited in use now (not as many releases on this format)