Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 10th June 2009, 00:14   #1
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS / Twingo RS133
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Matty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to behold
Default How To: Converting from Mark 1 analogue dials to Mark 2 digital dials.

Before I start pretty much all credit goes to 'DeekB' from 106owners where I got the idea from.. but just wanted to clean up his guide a little bit as there were a few inconstancies in it.

1) Start of by getting a set of mark 2 dials and the loom that they plug into with a good few inches of cable. The loom should come with two connector blocks, one black and one yellow. (connector blocks not pictured)

2) Start by removing the connector block, slide them out, and you can see all the wires are numbered. Now you need to use masking tape or something similar and number each wire near the bare end so its easier to connect them to the corresponding pins on the mark 1 loom later on. (sorry no pictures)

3) Next get ahold of some Blade connectors, I used 15amp 6.3 connectors and they fit perfectly, quite tight so I know they are not going to come out.

With these crimp one on the end of each wire, you should end up with something that looks like this:

*note. There are two sets of wires that need crimping together, please look at the table below to see which ones need connecting together.

4) Now you need to remove the old dials.. do this by following this guide by 'Mark51' http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=170949

You will end up with 5 conector blocks; Green, Blue, White, Yellow and Brown

5) Now you will need to connect the wires from the Mark 2 loom to the corresponding wires on the Mark 1 loom, please use the table to show you which wires connect where.

these wires have multiple connections.

Depending on the model and year this may have to connect to white 8 instead.

*There is also another Earth on one of the Mark 2 plugs that will need to earth by connecting it to White 9, but I cant remember which
wire it is. You can spot it because it will be Yellow and Green in colour.

6. Now once its all connected up you will notice your fuel gauge will be over reading. There are two options here, one option is to fit a Mark 2 fuel pump or the other is to attach a resistor to the blue 6. I am still working on which size resistor you need but at the moment I took one of the back of my old Mark 1 dials that attaches to the fuel gauge and the level seems to be about right but I will update when I can confirm this.

Once you have connected all this follow the guide by 'Mark51' again but backwards to replace the steering column and then sit back and admire your new mark 2 dials.

Last edited by Matty_VTR; 10th June 2009 at 11:46.
Matty_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matty_VTR For This Useful Post:
Old 10th June 2009, 00:16   #2
Ben
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ecoboost
iTrader Score: 22 (100%)
Ben is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team member

Awesome guide brother, you doing/done this on your MK1>2? I always wanted to get this done on my Westy.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 00:20   #3
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Matty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to beholdMatty_VTR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Awesome guide brother, you doing/done this on your MK1>2? I always wanted to get this done on my Westy.
Yea, iv just finished doing this to mine.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:21   #4
Ben
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ecoboost
iTrader Score: 22 (100%)
Ben is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team member

What did you have to do about the mileage?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 00:22   #5
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

atm I'm just keeping a record of it and going to alter my mark 1 dials acordily for MOT and services. but eventually going to get the millage altered on the digital dials to the correct millage.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:13   #6
wadoryu
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): suzuki swift 1.2 sz3
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
wadoryu is on a distinguished road

did you ever change the miles?
Old 20th July 2010, 12:40   #7
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Yes. A guy on here did it for me. I really can't remember his username though.
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:58   #8
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

Did you find out what to do with the fuel guage?
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:39   #9
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Did you find out what to do with the fuel guage?
Yea, you can either replace the fuel pump or take the resistor off the back of the Mark 1 dials that goes to the fuel gauge and put in place.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:50   #10
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

Okay, so my best bet will be to take the resistor off the back of my mk1 dials and put it on the mk2
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:54   #11
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Okay, so my best bet will be to take the resistor off the back of my mk1 dials and put it on the mk2
Yes, any problems or anything give me a shout.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:06   #12
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

double post fail..
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:51   #13
lethal-tin

lethal-tin is on a distinguished road

numbers on mark 2 wireing loom are in thousands? how do u no wot number the wires are? cheers
lethal-tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:56   #14
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

If you take the caps of the mark 2 wiring loom, on the block connectors all the wires are numbered in single digits.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:27   #15
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

excellent guide mate...
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 18:06   #16
lethal-tin

lethal-tin is on a distinguished road

cheers
lethal-tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 02:26   #17
cloke
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS Lusso
cloke is on a distinguished road

I don't have a temp gauge in my dash, that doesn't matter does it??
cloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 20:46   #18
Beaniemoo
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Yellow 106 Rallye
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Beaniemoo is on a distinguished road

Has anyone, used this?
I've recently done a digital dial conversion on my mk1 VTS and I used my own pin diagram, but checked it against this and they don't match up!?
I've got my dials in and they work ok using my diagram
I know that 106 clusters don't all fit and work in Saxos so if this guide is for a 106 that might explain the differences in pin designations?
Just wondering if this works?
Old 18th August 2010, 22:04   #19
Matty_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Everything seemed to work fine on mine on my VTR. I got the pin outs from the Haynes Manual, I was actually wondering about this the other since the Fuel gauge is in a different place on the dials.
Old 16th November 2010, 13:16   #20
djrogy
L-plater

djrogy is on a distinguished road

hiya how would you connect a resistor? do you know the type of name or type of resistor are they hard to put on ? and what happens with temp gauge because mk1's just have light on/ light off not a temp dial? does the dial work still ? thanks
djrogy is offline   Reply With Quote