Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th August 2018, 12:58   #1
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road
Default Can read, but not delete fault DTC codes

Anyone had this issue?
My OBD2 scanner thing, used to work as normal. But now, it can read the codes, says it's erased them, but it hasn't. Ignition off/on again, they are still there. I know I've remedied at least one of the codes as well! FFS.

I bought an Elm327 cable, but struggling to get that to connect at all, to even read codes using scantool, despite it showing as connected and correct drivers on the laptop.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2018, 21:53   #2
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Are the ignition and battery power wires to the ECU connected exactly as stock?

If not, then the 'deleted' codes, which are only deleted in RAM, don't get written out of the non-volatile EEPROM where codes are more permanently stored. So when you power it back up and the codes are read back from the EEPROM they are still there.

Data (codes, adaptions etc) are written from RAM during the 'shutdown' phase after they key is turned off, which typically lasts about ten seconds.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 09:35   #3
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
Are the ignition and battery power wires to the ECU connected exactly as stock?

If not, then the 'deleted' codes, which are only deleted in RAM, don't get written out of the non-volatile EEPROM where codes are more permanently stored. So when you power it back up and the codes are read back from the EEPROM they are still there.

Data (codes, adaptions etc) are written from RAM during the 'shutdown' phase after they key is turned off, which typically lasts about ten seconds.
Same as it always has been Wayne.
I'll try another reader.
If not, will have to ask you to delete them when I come back
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote