Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 9th July 2009, 20:04   #1
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Jap crap
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!
Default Backing up xbox games

Hi all,

Does anyone know if its possible to make a back up copy of your xbox games? I'm only asking as I have knocked my xbox a couple of times and fcuked up some decent games and I figured if I had a copy I could just burn another one

So does anyone know if this is possible?

P.S I am not talking about making copies to sell, just for my own use!
Adam_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 20:19   #2
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

there enough info on google to do it but i think ull need to flash ur xbox before it understands the copies
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 20:22   #3
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0t13 View Post
there enough info on google to do it but i think ull need to flash ur xbox before it understands the copies
Right ok. As far as i'm aware I need to make an iso of the disc so it can be copied using an iso image burner.. Is that right?
Old 9th July 2009, 20:41   #4
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Q View Post
Right ok. As far as i'm aware I need to make an iso of the disc so it can be copied using an iso image burner.. Is that right?
wrroonggg it is actually very hard work to backup xbox 360 games as only can recall only 2 dvd drives in the world can read a xbox 360 disk.

but you can do whats known as a hot swop. where you dissasemble a dual layer dvd drive . with certain programs you put in a say 8gb dvd for example shrek2. and you run the disk so that windows bypasses the security system on the drive. then you have to force eject the drive without actually opening the drive . swop the disk then the program can read the game.

then after this you need security files to embed into the iso. there are call ss.bin files and you have to realie on somebody uploading the file which rarely happens with new games.

best bet mate is to use newsgroups to download cracked games.

here is the hotswap guide pal.

http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-29.html
Old 9th July 2009, 21:16   #5
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

oh.... well I didn't really want to download cracked games as I've heard some of these have been put in place to actually block your xbox. Something on the lines of, Microsoft contacted one of these sites who host these cracked games and paid them 2Million odd dollars to place dodgy copies so that after a couple of weeks you should get blocked!!!! Scary thought but if it is true, I doubt they would pay out that sort of cash any time soon!! Might be a load of bull mind

Thanks for the info though !!
Old 9th July 2009, 22:27   #6
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Pieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nice

Or you could install the games onto the harddrive, as they don't need the data from the disk so it would still work..
Old 9th July 2009, 23:48   #7
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
Or you could install the games onto the harddrive, as they don't need the data from the disk so it would still work..
That's an idea but I'd soon run out of space..... Need something physical, hence why I suggested making backups but thats not exactly legal....
Old 10th July 2009, 09:48   #8
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
then you need the xbox360 chipped rather than flashed, totally different story.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:46   #9
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Pieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nicePieface is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazwhittle View Post
then you need the xbox360 chipped rather than flashed, totally different story.
Not really. If you knew Microsoft incorporated this into the Xbox with the last update then you will find its official.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:50   #10
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

yh you can save your games onto the harddrive but you need the disk to play them so whats the point ?
Old 10th July 2009, 11:55   #11
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
yh you can save your games onto the harddrive but you need the disk to play them so whats the point ?
Because you don't need the data from your disk, so you can pop in a broken disk (Scratched, not shattered) and it will still run.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:32   #12
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Because you don't need the data from your disk, so you can pop in a broken disk (Scratched, not shattered) and it will still run.
5 games and your hdd is full seems pointless.
Old 10th July 2009, 13:57   #13
Pieface
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
5 games and your hdd is full seems pointless.
I have a 120GB HDD. I could probably fit about 25. And only install the games you play on most at the moment, then when you stop laying one, take it off.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:10   #14
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

1.flash your xbox with iXtreme
2.Download the game
3. Use abgx to stealth check the game (iso)
4. Dual layer dvd write + Dual layer dvd disc
5. Burn using cloneCD at 2-2.4x
6. Play

easy as pie............i have not done that :s
Old 10th July 2009, 14:31   #15
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Easy to flash aslong as you don't have a lite-on drive, then you'll need the CK3 kit..

It's easier to download them but if you have half a brain you wont use any dodgy public websites, i.e. demonoid ..etc as they're full of SHIT.
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote