Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 7th July 2009, 12:53   #1
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold
Default Help me sort my iPhone out ~

So first thing its a 2G iPhone bought on eBay imei is blocked ~ first thought it stolen/lost rang up 02 was reported lost the owner claimed a new one so they say its ok to keep it as it was found ok.

So need to unblock imei and jailbreak.

Curently has 3.0 firmware, need to downgrade this to 1.1.4 so i can use ZiPhone to unblock imei number.

Now i know to change the imei number in the uk is ilegal thats when changing the EPROM chip which contains the imei number. Im simply putting a fake one in its place while the old imei number is still present.

To do this was thinking...

1. Downgrade with winpwn 2.5 to firmware 2.0

2. In iTunes 7.5 shift restore to firmware 1.1.4

3. Open Ziphone jailbreak change imei

4. upgrade again to 3.0

5. jailbreak with redsnow.

So far have used winpwn a few times but does'nt seem to be working as it won't finish making its custom ipsw. or can't even find the firmware....so any help or other ways to get around to do this would be great thanks

Last edited by baker556; 7th July 2009 at 12:55.
baker556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 18:45   #2
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo MK2 VTS
fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!

Didnt someone post a link on here the other day telling you how to do it fella???
Old 7th July 2009, 18:46   #3
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!

Also i have the 3.0 ispw firmware, can send you it if you want!
Old 8th July 2009, 11:11   #4
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossie View Post
Didnt someone post a link on here the other day telling you how to do it fella???
Quote:
Also i have the 3.0 ispw firmware, can send you it if you want!
yeaman scott posted a link but as i said i can't get winpwn to work just keep getting error 20 or error 1601 in iTunes, so need other suggestions or ideas to what i am doing wrong, why send me 3.0 ispw thats the new one that can be downloaded of iTunes anyway right?
Old 8th July 2009, 11:18   #5
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

scotts guide is downgrading 2.0 to 1.1.4 i need to first downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0 tried using winpwn but getting errors....
Old 8th July 2009, 11:56   #6
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Right mate i have just done this .

you need a program called quickpwnrc3 pm me and ill send

go to thisTHIS website and download the following firmware named
iPhone 2.0.2 ipsw Download (241.84MB - 86,231 downloads)

right once you have done that you need to open quickpwnrc3

plug you phone in turned on!

select from the program which iphone you have ie for you it will be iphone.

select it and click the arrow for next

click browse and find the firmware you just downloaded.

let it scan it and when its done it will put a green tick , click the next button.

follow the onscreen insturctions to get into dfu mode. then asoon as you iphone screen goes white unplug the usb!!

then do the shift and restore in intunes and you shouldnt get a error massage if it u get 10** or a 20 error then its not in dfu mode so repeat the above..

go back into quickpwnrc3 and you iphone screen will still be white, run the program again and it will jailbreak to 2.0.2

but if you want the standard oe firmware then you dont need to jailbreak.

Last edited by gazwhittle; 8th July 2009 at 12:16.
gazwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 18:08   #7
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Also theres rumours that theres a newer 3.1 beta firmware which if you download through itunes may stop the jailbreak and unlock!!
Old 9th July 2009, 18:12   #8
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Also theres rumours that theres a newer 3.1 beta firmware which if you download through itunes may stop the jailbreak and unlock!!
you cant upgrade to beta firmware mate as it is only open to developers , so you uid has to be registered to apple.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:48   #9
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thanks Gaz tried that already

so tried one of my mates laptop to downgrade using winpwn iTunes etc wasn't having none of it was hoping to borrow my mates apple mac but was working too much

then tried my sisters laptop on itunes 8.2 shift restore and resotered to 2.0 then used iTunes 7.5 to downgrade to 1.1.4 on my own laptop this then leaves it in restore mode i then used iliberty+ to kick it out of restore mode, then i used ziphone 3.0 to jailbreak change certain things and install installer.app, now im downloading custom 2.2 firmware with no bootloader and also looking into 3.0 firmware with no bootloader etc

but other than that all done thanks for your help !