Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th August 2009, 10:01   #1
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road
Default steam problems

Anybody else using steam and having problems? Im trying to play left 4 dead online, after i connect it gives me about 20 seconds, then disconnect saying
Disconnect: server not able to authenticate user with steam. Or something like that. Is that a Steam problem?

Last edited by TheVtrKid; 14th August 2009 at 10:09.
TheVtrKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 10:19   #2
machevelli7777
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VTR MK1 (SOLD)
machevelli7777 is on a distinguished road

I have the odd time out on steam but i just think its my ISP playing around. Check connections, restart modem/router, restart PC then see what happens. Plus make sure ure client is up-to-date. Go steam, file & 'Check for steam client updates' Other than that mate give ure ISP a call and ask for a line check, might be some problems in the area.

Leeds Sucks ass, man u rule!
Old 14th August 2009, 10:39   #3
Keefo
Established Member

Car(s): Rover 25 T16 conversion 220bhp SEX, Focus ST3
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Keefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to beholdKeefo is a splendid one to behold

If your running vista, try running in Admin Mode, check firewalls/router port blocks, then check what ur ISP is blocking.
Keefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 11:23   #4
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road

Its ok i sorted it. I searched on google for other people having same problems? I saw one guy. He said go to my games tab on steam, then to left 4 dead, right click and hit properties. then under the local files tab, click verify integrity of games cache, and it verifys all your left 4 dead files? I did that, then started left 4 dead and worked fine. God knows what happend? But important thing is its working now. If anyone else has the same problem, follow the steps above, it worked for me. Thanks though
Old 14th August 2009, 12:06   #5
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

post in the right section. I dont want to have to ban you for consistently not doing it but everyone else manages to post in the right sections, so will you.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote