Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 26th August 2009, 10:50   #1
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Stannah Stairlift
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!
Default Anyone with a iPhone... I need your help!

Right, basically I bought a iPhone last friday so I've not even had it a week and I've already had loadsa problems with it!

Whenever I try to phone or receive calls I lose all my signal and the call fails and as soon as I hang up I get full signal again.

I was told to download the uprgrades... which I did and this reset all the settings on my phone! I now have no apps - some of which I'd paid for! - and I cannot access the internet or apps store to replace them as it says I'm not connected to a cellular data some crap thing.

I work as cabin crew and am on home standby today so need my phone available at all times and obviously it's not. So if any of your iPhone boffs can shed any light onto my piece of shit... please let me know!

Ta!
Old 26th August 2009, 10:52   #2
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

call your service provider and they will give you the details to put in so you can access internet etc.

as for app downloads did you sync your phone with your computer?
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:53   #3
Cal
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): Fwee Fiddy Z, 182Cup, 106 GTaiiii, School Bus.
Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!Cal is absolutely fabulous!

Offer Leckie a KFC to fix it for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moke View Post
Cal, a cunt on the Internet and a cunt in person
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:53   #4
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

I had the calling problem when I jailbroke mine. Reset it and all was fine.

Best bet is to phone O2. Their customer service is really, really good
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:54   #5
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Honda DC5, Gruppe M and j's racing
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
saxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nice

if you syncd your phone with pc then your apps should be stored there

quick to the point, to the point no fakin', cookin mc's like a lb of bacon!!!
saxo_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 10:56   #6
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore

Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!Hannah is absolutely fabulous!

It was working fine until yesterday... I was on airport standby and had no service all day. When I eventually got service and someone rang I couldn't answer it. I then got told off by work for not being 'contactable for flights'

I was told to do the upgrades which I did but then as soon as I did the upgrades my phone went back to when I first bought it and just said connect to iTunes... even though it already was... I had to reset all my settings. I managed to get the back up stuff back onto my phone so still have numbers etc but lost all my apps. But now I can't connect to the apps store as it's saying I don't have cellular data something but my phone is registered to iTunes... So basically I haven't got a fucking clue.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:00   #7
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

ring your service provider O2 and they will give you your internet settings so this will then rectify your itunes and internet issues.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:01   #8
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore

Why do I have to ring them? It should just be on there like it originally was.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:05   #9
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

no because when you would have first put your simcard in O2 would have sent you 2 messages which contain the internet and photo messaging settings.

your iphone has rest to factory settings therefore it acts as if no sim card has been put in it yet.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:07   #10
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore

I can call and text though, just can't access internet.

I don't wanna phone them. lol.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:08   #11
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
P90PTS is on a distinguished road

Go into their shop then
Old 26th August 2009, 11:08   #12
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Hold down the Home Button and the Sleep Button for about 10 seconds to reset it. You will get all your apps back, you've got all your purchased stuff on your iTunes Account so you can re-download them.

Take the sim card out and give it a good blow around. Not sure what else..
Old 26th August 2009, 11:12   #13
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore

I'm gonna go into the store friday as can't today.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 26th August 2009, 11:17   #14
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Try resetting it!
Old 26th August 2009, 11:18   #15
SAXOSi
Frequent Poster

SAXOSi is on a distinguished road

I had that problem with saying "no cellular data"

I had to reset the network settings. It was a bitch cos it was like it all the time I was in Manc for the weekend
SAXOSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 11:22   #16
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

btw when updating your phone run a backup of it first on itunes this will make sure you don't loose anything when you update it! Your other problem sounds like you bought the sim and the phone seperately. If this is the case what you need to do is go into settings, general, network, cellular data network. On cellular data change apn to mobile.o2.co.uk and the mms apn to wap.o2.co.uk.

As for your signal drop outs i've noticed since the update mine has been a bit shitty at times for no reason
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 11:28   #17
Hannah
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho18 View Post
btw when updating your phone run a backup of it first on itunes this will make sure you don't loose anything when you update it! Your other problem sounds like you bought the sim and the phone seperately. If this is the case what you need to do is go into settings, general, network, cellular data network. On cellular data change apn to mobile.o2.co.uk and the mms apn to wap.o2.co.uk.

As for your signal drop outs i've noticed since the update mine has been a bit shitty at times for no reason
You, my friend... are a fookin legend!! If I could I would rep you! Thanks so much.. it's working properly now!
Old 26th August 2009, 12:19   #18
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
Try resetting it!
+1....do this go into settings and perform a service reset
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:37   #19
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

i had this the other day and i did what the guy said above and fixed the settings and its all fine now

god knows why it changed but oh well easy fix
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:38   #20
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

typical fucking woman

cant even post in the right section...

you're a disgrace wheatley!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote