Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 28th August 2009, 17:02   #1
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!
Default 5.1 surround sound...

Im seriously considering getting this set of speakers.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...-021-LG&tool=3

One question (im probably going to get shot for it )

would i be able to, if i wanted, swap the 10" sub with the 12" i had from the car?

Also, can anyone recommend any other 5.1s for about the same price.

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 01:10   #2
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Logitech are awesome mate, got the harmony 1000 remote and im well impressed, im sure aly has the logitech speakers and he rates them, they have actually gone up in price from the price they first came out as, see if currys etc have the kit in and go and listen to it

I ended up going for a 7.1 THX pioneer amp, coupled that with a kef kht 1000.5 5.1 and then bought some vifa speakers to make itto 7.1 surround

tbh you can pick up all that for under 400 if your good on ebay

Harmon kardon 5.1 surround sounds is what id look at though, what i was going to go with before i got the Kefs, have a look on ebay, what av/amp/dvd player are you using to couple with the speaker kit or aret you??

Last edited by Predator_R32; 29th August 2009 at 01:12.
Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 01:30   #3
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

tbh you wont need to replace that sub at all - it kicks one hell of a punch for what it is - read the note though that you have to keep it at least 2 feet away from anything electrical as it can damage them...
Old 29th August 2009, 01:40   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

There we go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HARMAN-KAR...d=p3286.c0.m14

really a great deal tbh, just need an av/amp though to go with it, and as said i wouldnt bother upgrading sub until you hear them, i ad to turn my kef one down, its only quarter of the way buts its more than bassy for me

Old 29th August 2009, 10:59   #5
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Cheers guys.

Pred, it would be used for the PS3, 360 and my PC which has a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound card

and i dont want to buy off ebay. i want to get it from a proper shop so i know i can send it back easily
Quote:
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Old 29th August 2009, 12:07   #6
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Pah take a risk lol

pioneer are good on customer support reason why i got that and tbh everything else is just about new, just have to know what to look for on ebay tbh, but i know what your saying you want a warranty for piece of mind

you may be best off getting an av reciever tbh or if you get a self powered 5.1 system then you can just buy a RCA switchover box to make things easier to swith things over for sound

Old 29th August 2009, 12:36   #7
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!

none of that last bit made any sense to me. LOL
Quote:
Quote:
Old 30th August 2009, 00:48   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Well with a 5.1 speaker set you have to look to see if its self powered, usually will say, the logitech one will be, the harmon kardon would require an amp or av reciever