Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 2nd November 2008, 22:20   #1
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of
Default Router + PS3 = ?

Does anyone know If all Router's are compatible with the 80Gb PS3..
..I know there's a similar thread but I just want a clear answer as I cant find it anywhere...
...I read somewhere that the Wi-Fi in the PS3 only works with speeds of 54Mbps and no more but I want a decent Router (N/N1) to play Online Gaming

Cheers
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:31   #2
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

a router is a router, regardless of who made it.

as long as its connected by cat 5 ethernet and set up for the internet properly its ok!
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:44   #3
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

No it's just whether the PS3's Wi-Fi can take speeds over 54Mbps or not which is the thing bothering me!?
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:53   #4
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

even if the router is working above 54Mbps, (ie 108Mbps) the PS3 will still connect at 54max. The speed that you actually are connected at is variant on the signal strength you are getting.

So even if your router is upto 108Mbps, your Ps3 will still work perfectly fine upto 54Mbps.

hope that makes some sort of sense...
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:03   #5
Stickyjam
Established Member

Stickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to allStickyjam is a name known to all

and remember your net is gonna be max 24 meg and i doubt its even that probz more the 2-8meg range... your router could connect at 30meg/s and the net would still run fine...
Stickyjam is offline   Reply With Quote