Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 6th November 2008, 19:25   #1
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of
Default Playin' PS3 Games In HD...HELP

How do you play the games in HD?
Are there some settings you have to adjust to play them in HD? And if so,How?
I have a HDMI cable connected to my PS3 and my HD TV and display looks good but doesn't look like HDdoes?
Cheers
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 19:27   #2
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

You are kidding right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 19:32   #3
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

What?
Iv'e connected the HDMI cable to my PS3 and the result is...well...disappointing!?
What? Do I sound stupid?
Old 6th November 2008, 19:39   #4
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Maybe just a tad...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 6th November 2008, 19:40   #5
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Why?
How?
I just want it in HD

:s
Old 6th November 2008, 19:56   #6
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Within the settings menu on the PS3, there is an option which allows you to select the video output resolution. Make sure that's set the highest resolution you can choose for your TV. It should be the highest by default, so I assume you're just being picky.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 6th November 2008, 21:13   #7
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Right...
I went into Display Setting > Video Output Settings > Resolution and it asks which type the connector on my HD TV is...Which would be HDMI..So I accept that then the screen goes blank and says Resolution Type Not correct...And then back to square one and the Res. is 576i....Maybe Im not doing something right?!
Old 6th November 2008, 21:15   #8
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

depends how good your tv is good, im assuming its good if your using a hdmi cable...

top resolution is 1080p. you will probably have 1080p/1080i...

side note - toad, your problems all sortted now?
Old 6th November 2008, 22:00   #9
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

not all the games support 1080i or 1080p, some games only output a resolution of HD720, ive got all my ones checked to save the hassle of having to manually select. if the games support 1080p they'll play it in it, if not it will go for the next available that both your tv support and the game in hand.

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 22:01   #10
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

take GTA:IV for example, that can only output at 720, and in all fairness the graphics aren't that great for it, not far off GTAA!!!

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 22:07   #11
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Yeah...I bought the TV knowing full well it had HD720p but I cant find anything in the actual TV Settings about HD...The HDMI cable is connected to both PS3 and TV but it's like the PS3 aint picking up the Cable...Helllpppp!
Old 7th November 2008, 00:00   #12
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
depends how good your tv is good, im assuming its good if your using a hdmi cable...

top resolution is 1080p. you will probably have 1080p/1080i...

side note - toad, your problems all sortted now?
It was a case of the Xbox 360's main screen not really being that high def, and my TV not supporting 1:1 pixel mapping over component. I've got a HDMI 360 now, and also a better TV. Xbox main menu still looks rubbish on a 1080 TV as opposed to a 720, but the games look good. There's a new 360 dashboard coming out in less than 2 weeks, that should be in 1080 I would imagine...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 7th November 2008, 00:05   #13
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoORaZzAOoO View Post
Right...
I went into Display Setting > Video Output Settings > Resolution and it asks which type the connector on my HD TV is...Which would be HDMI..So I accept that then the screen goes blank and says Resolution Type Not correct...And then back to square one and the Res. is 576i....Maybe Im not doing something right?!
Doesn't sound good. What's the TV make and model number? If it's "HD Ready" it will support a 720p resolution, and also *accept* a 1080i resolution, and downscale it... The fact that your PS3 goes back to 576 is a concern. IIRC, in that settings menu you mention, there's an area where you choose the compatible resolutions your TV supports, but that might be after you choose your connection type. You've either got a dodgy HDMI cable, or your TV is simply not an HD TV.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 7th November 2008, 10:50   #14
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

The TV Is a 26" Sharp (*Refurbished*) HD Ready LCD

http://direct.tesco.com/search/defau...urbished+sharp

Refurbished being the Vital word...The cable is Wharfdale from Argos..
I can't imagine it to be the cable...And Iv'e looked into all the TV Settings and theres no mention whatsoever of HD...Its like Iv'e bought A TV thinking it was HD when really it aint...Cheers for your help lads
Old 7th November 2008, 11:02   #15
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
It was a case of the Xbox 360's main screen not really being that high def, and my TV not supporting 1:1 pixel mapping over component. I've got a HDMI 360 now, and also a better TV. Xbox main menu still looks rubbish on a 1080 TV as opposed to a 720, but the games look good. There's a new 360 dashboard coming out in less than 2 weeks, that should be in 1080 I would imagine...
Yeh my menu system is shocking, the main dashboard isnt actually too bad, but when I press the middle X button it is so bad...

I need to check this pixel mapping, does your new TV have it? My games are pretty sound too but your right, this new dashboard will probably be 1080...
Old 7th November 2008, 11:10   #16
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

i swear when you switch from Scart to HDMI you have to reset your ps3 to get it to work...... think you hold down the power button for like 30 seconds or something whilst on red light ....... have a search on the net
Old 7th November 2008, 11:12   #17
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Yeah...
I read that somewhere You hold the on button while its off for about 5-6 secs until you hear the second beep then the Video Settings are reset but then I go into Display to switch it to HDMI and the screen goes blank/black for 30 seconds...Which means the Res is incorrect...Arrghhh
Old 7th November 2008, 11:14   #18
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Its like my so-called """"HD TV"""" aint Even HD
Old 7th November 2008, 11:24   #19
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

It is HD, just not 1080p HD...
Old 7th November 2008, 11:35   #20
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

There is a difference between HD ready and Full HD.

Most games don't even come in Full HD yet.

When I had my PS3 I thought the graphics were shit.....sold it.

Xbox with 50inch Plasma playing Lego Batman (haha) rocks