Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 24th July 2007, 19:08   #61
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

rear doorpocket on the doorcards is where mine is mate, doesnt matter where you put it tbh, either hidden or on show

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2007, 22:02   #62
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Ok cheers, I've managed to tuck it away behind the door card. Theres a perfect space behind the arm rests. The crossovers dont get hot do they?

Another thing, are you sure this speaker wire is good enough? The stuff I got with the speakers is much thicker and the stuff that came with the wiring kit is even more so. Should I change it?
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 01:36   #63
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

speaker wire should be fine mate, ive tryed different makes and gauges of speaker wire and i cant tell the difference tbh

and nope they shouldnt get hot mate, its not like they have a big current running through them

Old 25th July 2007, 20:13   #64
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Everythings up and running now, took me a while to get the sub running. I connected the front output on the amp to the rear input, is that correct?

Theres so many settings to adjust I don't know where to start! Is it best to leave the headunit completely standard and just fine tune the settings on the amp? Or do I use both? Any recommendations for settings? The manual is very brief.

When I adjust the sub level on the HU it makes the fronts louder aswell. Whys that?

Cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 19:31   #65
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

How would I got about wiring up the rears in the car?

Asking because it sounds fine for people in the front, but when your sat in the back it sounds naff. I will be having mates in the back quite often so this is pretty important.

Would some 10cm coaxials be alright?

Like these: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/bost...cs-p-4388.html ?

Would I be able to run this off what I have already got? Or would I need a different amp with 5 or 6 channels?

Cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 20:13   #66
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

swap the phono/RCA leads over on the headunit mate or do it on the amps, either way its up to you

wouldnt bother with the rear speakers tbh, front component amped and set up right will be mroe than enough, maybe in a bigger car yes but the saxo isnt exactly big

Old 31st July 2007, 20:54   #67
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
swap the phono/RCA leads over on the headunit mate or do it on the amps, either way its up to you
Can you explain this please? My Headunit has one preout, this goes to "Front In" on the Amp. Another phono cable runs from "Front Aux Out" to "Rear In" (all on the amp) so that the sub works.