Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 13th December 2008, 15:50   #1
Steve_90
Established Member
Central South Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Steve_90 will become famous soon enoughSteve_90 will become famous soon enough
Default Playstation Home..

Went on PS3 today and had Playstation Home on the menu. Anyone else got it? Its quite good actually. Bit like The Sims games except dont need to take them for a shit lol.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:44   #2
Steve_90
Established Member

Not working no more. Seems like no one can get on cus of "high traffic". You would think Sony would prepare for high traffic and alot of people trying to get on.
Sony is shit. Seriously thinking about getting an Xbox.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:45   #3
mathon
L-plater

Car(s): Company - BMW 320D | Personal - Astra 888
mathon is on a distinguished road

I've heard about this.......sounds quite good, but it seems it's only designed for geeks, so I'll lead my own life thankyou, lol!
mathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2008, 23:15   #4
lukowski14
Frequent Poster
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): '62 polar w/b DS3
lukowski14 is on a distinguished road

mathon, its very simple, and you can just pick up and play, you enter the virtual world and then your free to do as you wish with all your friends.

the server issues are a bugger tho, but when you can get a game its alot of fun and really impressive, i was on it for hours the other night
lukowski14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 00:52   #5
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

This is where the shoddy free network service will really shine. You simply cannot maintain what Sony are trying to do for free.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:28   #6
Brooksy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

Hense for the added bonus content. I.e paying for clubs/clans. also buying furniture and clothes to spice up your rooms. with interactions to the items too.

So that will help pay for the service. Home is a beta, it's a trial so they are seeing how thigns can affect other things on the PSN. I.e connectivity issues. where some people have these problems some dont and are fine.
As Home is a beta still in the making, they won't fully have the full amount or well configured servers to help host everyone. So I'm guessing next week as its the weekend Sony will improve the server related issues. not fix it but improve it in time for xmas and stuff. Then later i.e beg of next year server issues should be a lot more maintainable.

It's the next gen service, i.e bringing Facebook and Sims together. I wouldn't be surprised if other console markets will be following suit with their avatars and things i.e building virtual worlds and getting advertisers to come in and offer their intake.

It's only a free shoddy network if your internet connection is shite. Other than that if you play the PS3 or any other console everyday of your life that's when you have a serious problem not the psn or xbl has one. (go out and get a life)

high traffic is a pain in the arse It takes me ages to sign in, but it's worth it to see the content and this service will only get better. Just a stab on the dark, wait 4 months time and you'll see how different home is from now to then. It's a work of art that can lead to unlimited amount of ideas.
Sooner people realise that Home is a beta not a finished service or application the better. People saying "well, they should never bought it out until it's finished as a one cut clear product." That's bull!!! Microsoft wouldn't be here today with their 'one cut clean' XP and Vista products. That's an ongoing trial/beta too waiting on feedback.
But in all sense, Home would never make it publicly if they just kept it a private beta as there's always room for improvement on Online Social Communities. Especially one that involves Gaming and personal lifestyle together with added bonus of DLC and shopping carts.

Random Rant Over - Merry Xmas to All!
Old 14th December 2008, 17:55   #7
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Fanboy alert!

My Internet is fine, it's the PSN that is crappy. There is also nothing next gen about Home, you are living in the coveted world of Sony's bullshit.
Old 14th December 2008, 20:34   #8
mathon
L-plater

Car(s): Company - BMW 320D | Personal - Astra 888
mathon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva-fan View Post
mathon, its very simple, and you can just pick up and play, you enter the virtual world and then your free to do as you wish with all your friends.

the server issues are a bugger tho, but when you can get a game its alot of fun and really impressive, i was on it for hours the other night
Still not sure if it's worth taking the dive and buying a PS3 just yet, give it a couple of years and no-dought I'll be hooked! lol
mathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2008, 22:21   #9
Brooksy
Frequent Poster

Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

I'm no PS3 Fanboy, I play my PS3 probably 3 hours a week. If that on games. I do prefer it over the 360 or the wii. Other than that I use my PC for FPS and my work.

I have no problems with PSN or the servers. If I do then it's my ISP which happens a lot.
Old 15th December 2008, 02:11   #10
lukowski14
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Fanboy alert!

My Internet is fine, it's the PSN that is crappy. There is also nothing next gen about Home, you are living in the coveted world of Sony's bullshit.
i can honestly say that i have never had a problem with the PSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathon View Post
Still not sure if it's worth taking the dive and buying a PS3 just yet, give it a couple of years and no-dought I'll be hooked! lol
sure you will ! ... the PS3 is still improving with every development, and release, whereas the 360 has pretty mush stopped improving, and the Wii is the same, only you can get different gadgets with it every month !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksy View Post
I'm no PS3 Fanboy, I play my PS3 probably 3 hours a week. If that on games. I do prefer it over the 360 or the wii. Other than that I use my PC for FPS and my work.

I have no problems with PSN or the servers. If I do then it's my ISP which happens a lot.
i noticed you aren't online much !

i've got to agree with what you've said
Old 18th December 2008, 20:35   #11
lukowski14
Frequent Poster

guys, it got updated, and now it actually works, and there is new gear in the shops, i bought the santa hat lol
Old 18th December 2008, 20:43   #12
paul_vtec
Regular Poster

Car(s): Honda crx Saxo VTS Saxo VTR
paul_vtec is on a distinguished road

i got it on the 12th when it came out and it was murder trying to get on 100% butter today ater the update. need to get a saxp club going. whos got a spair £3.99??lol
paul_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 20:47   #13
lukowski14
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_vtec View Post
i got it on the 12th when it came out and it was murder trying to get on 100% butter today ater the update. need to get a saxp club going. whos got a spair £3.99??lol
that is an awesome idea, but i aint lol
Old 18th December 2008, 21:13   #14
paul_vtec
Regular Poster

me ither lol
Old 18th December 2008, 21:41   #15
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Why do you have to pay for stuff, thought it was a BETA?
Old 18th December 2008, 21:50   #16
Brooksy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Why do you have to pay for stuff, thought it was a BETA?
It's a continuous BETA, basically they'll improve it month by month. As new companies step in, building their own islands/shops etc
You don't have to buy stuff it's just optional if you want to use it more than a pre-lobby game room. Does suck having to pay for a few things, but then again I don't care as I wont buy things unless it's really worth it.
Suppose Home have to make money some way or another to help fund all the new item designs etc.

Yeah the update works a treat now. Connect 1st time no problems. Everything runs smoothly. Just need tow ait for the Red Bull Feature to open up!

Diesel Shop is open aswell with their designer T-shirts same with few other shops selling i.e summer club house items, and Santa outfits.

howbaout run a pool/bowling league on here then the loser has to pay £4 for the club! lol jk poo idea
Old 19th December 2008, 08:07   #17
steven1451
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 2001 1.1 forte black
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
steven1451 will become famous soon enough

not online yet so havnt been on it but heard loads of plans for it like cinima rooms to host bue ray movies to watch with yoru mates sounds really good
steven1451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2008, 08:51   #18
paul_vtec
Regular Poster

diesel have a shop now, a friend of mine goes on the jap and yank version and they have alot morethings to da and shops and is alot beter than ours at the mo
Old 19th December 2008, 09:32   #19
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

PSN looks like its filled with those poor people that cant use english properly.

"Premium services get premium members.
I pay for better because i am bette
r."

Basically. Thats how it works.
Thats why live is better.
All that money is used to better the service.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 01:46   #20
Steve_90
Established Member

Yea I finally got on there the other day. Was bored within 5 minutes and played COD5.
It looks a good concept and loads of potential but obviously all the fun's gonna come at a cost £.

And XBL was always gonna be better than PSN as its a free service. Saying that, think i'd hhactually rather pay for it now and have a proper decent service.