Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 12th January 2009, 19:54   #1
Steve_90
Established Member
Central South Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Steve_90 will become famous soon enoughSteve_90 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone good with PS3's & NETGEAR routers?

Basically my PS3 is showing up Nat Type 3, which means nothing to me but i know that its bad and should be type 2 for decent online gaming. It was type 2 but i dont know why its changed.
Anyway, was reading around and apprently have to do this port forwarding stuff which i was fine with til i got around to forwarding the ports on my router. Does DMZ mean anything to anyone? I know fuck all about computers as you can see.
Its a NETGEAR router and when i try and "add custome service" it lets me enter the details and when i apply it, it doesnt show up.

Has anyone done this port forwarding stuff? Preferably on a NETGEAR router so we both have the same settings/layout.
Any help would be good, cheers.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:09   #2
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

DMZ is outside of the routers firewall. My PS3 sits in it until the router (if ever) gets rebooted.

Go to your network settings on the PS3 and locate the IP address it states. This is what you want to put into the DMZ IP address box in your NETGEAR router DMZ page. By doing this you should have your PS3 in the DMZ, after hitting apply obviously!

I get NAT Type 1 by doing this. If the IP address ever changes, just enter the new IP address into the NETGEAR's DMZ box that you get from the PS3.

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me

Last edited by MarkyG; 12th January 2009 at 20:13.
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 20:15   #3
Steve_90
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyG View Post
DMZ is outside of the routers firewall. My PS3 sits in it until the router (if ever) gets rebooted. Go to your network settings on the PS3 and locate the IP address it states. This is what you want to put into the DMZ IP address box in your NETGEAR router DMZ page, by doing this you should have your PS3 in the DMZ, after hitting apply obviously!. I get NAT Type 1 by doing this. If the IP address ever changes, just enter the new IP address into the NETGEAR's DMZ box.
It must have been all down to that DMZ then because its Nat Type 2 now, as im using a router. Nat Type 1 is for wired connection, i think.
Cheers for the help mate, it doesnt say that on the internet it all said about port forwarding stuff.
Old 13th January 2009, 00:40   #4
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Had to get firmware for our netgear for the ps3 but it knackered the router so we now use a compatible bthomehub.
RS_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 10:45   #5
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

Personally i steer clear of Netgear stuff, i stick to Cisco and LinkSYS (a branch off of Cisco)

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 11:24   #6
Lozza_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf Mk4 1.8T
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!Lozza_vtr is absolutely fabulous!

I am using a Netgear router with my PS3, what model have you got. I suggest making sure that you have got the latest firmware from the Netgear site, after that go into router settings and enable Upnp. It should work fine after that.
Lozza_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 00:40   #7
Steve_90
Established Member

Quote:
Personally i steer clear of Netgear stuff, i stick to Cisco and LinkSYS (a branch off of Cisco)
Netgear can be a bit tempermental sometimes.
I take it that Cisco or Linksys is definatly worth getting for playing online then? Few mates have Linksys and never have problems with it.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:18   #8
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

Quote:
my ps3 connects to a wireless network called LINKSYS not mine, im by the wire, think its the neighbers, who i hate, so its all good
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 01:26   #9
Steve_90
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_89 View Post
my ps3 connects to a wireless network called LINKSYS not mine, im by the wire, think its the neighbers, who i hate, so its all good
How are you connected by the wire if its a wireless connection from your neighbours?
Old 14th January 2009, 19:42   #10
Spanky
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Spanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team memberSpanky is a well respected team member

no no i ment my PC is by the wire but my ps3 is wireless to nextdoors connection
Quote:
who does speed, then boast about it. well done.
Quote:
and mate, i guarentee ive been faster on a public road than you ever will...
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote