Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 23rd October 2007, 22:35   #41
bide_furio
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Pair of Crutches atm!
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
bide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to beholdbide_furio is a splendid one to behold

makes me wana make one! lol nice work mate keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domleydon View Post
Less chat, more twat.
bide_furio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:55   #42
rob_s
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): VW CADDY/VX MOKKA
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
rob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team member

i realy wonna do it got the comp etc to use but other than tht i dunno where to start what monitor do i need how do icoonect it up2 the pc how do i link the speakers/subs etc up2 it

lol any help appriciated

Mk1 any colour/condition conciderd
rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:20   #43
DJsaxo
Established Member

DJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to behold

Love the center console works well .
Old 24th October 2007, 00:17   #44
blusax
Frequent Poster
South Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
blusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to behold

its a monitor for a pc just keep your eye out on ebay for a 7" touchscreen with vga connection.

a normal pc will do but most people got for mini atx so they can fit it in glove box etc but room isnt an issue for me.

also people tend go for silent systems ie. fanless this option will lower the spec of your pc unless you plow cash into it. a silent system is about 90quid and it will bee around the 1ghz mark, but that should be enough to play music and run gps at the same time.

one of the most important parts is the dc-dc power supply. the one i will go for is the m2-atx. it irons out the voltage and current etc it also has a ignition status etc.. ie pc comes on when you turn ignition on.

for a fornt end i would recommend roadrunner, i'll get some screen shots of it in a bit

if you want any more info feel free to ask
blusax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 01:37   #45
blusax
Frequent Poster

blusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to beholdblusax is a splendid one to behold

screenshot of front end... pc boots directly to this

Old 24th October 2007, 02:59   #46
dannyc
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Possi Blue VTR (Gone) MK3 VR6
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
dannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura aboutdannyc has a spectacular aura about

looking good, quick question tho, how do you get the amp running with it?
dannyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 03:05   #47
blusax
Frequent Poster

the m2 atx has a remote lkead like a head unit. then you just use a 2.5 jack from pc to phonos and plug them in as usual. my board has 5.1 as standard so i will have 2 leads, 1 for the sub out and another for the fronts. i will be running 2 amplifiers.
Old 24th October 2007, 10:37   #48
DJsaxo
Established Member

DJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to beholdDJsaxo is a splendid one to behold

The screen shoot looks great, very professional.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:18   #49
blusax
Frequent Poster

slightly better pic i also added a pinhole reset foro the pc next to the hot/cold slider
Old 24th October 2007, 21:17   #50
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Looks good really want something like this in mine just for music and sat nav possibly movies.
Old 24th October 2007, 22:00   #51
blusax
Frequent Poster

also has handsfree, jst need a couple of more things now and its sorted
Old 24th October 2007, 22:08   #52
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

How much it all come to?
Old 24th October 2007, 22:48   #53
ScoTTisH-GingeR
L-plater

Car(s): Pug 306 XLDT mark 1 phase 1 in red
ScoTTisH-GingeR is a jewel in the roughScoTTisH-GingeR is a jewel in the roughScoTTisH-GingeR is a jewel in the rough

damn now im tempted to build one lol i got plenty a pc spares
ScoTTisH-GingeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 22:49   #54
ScottyB
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo Westcoast 02!
ScottyB is on a distinguished road

Looks well smart. I wouldn't mind something like that
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 23:22   #55
rob_s
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): VW CADDY/VX MOKKA
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
rob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team member

tempted

this is the kinda idea i was going for,so the screen could be removed etc

Mk1 any colour/condition conciderd
rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 23:33   #56
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

ive started building mine.

pics are in my thread.

Using roadrunner too
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 23:34   #57
blusax
Frequent Poster

removable screen was my plan but its so tricky to carry off that is done quite well. i have made a cover for mine and i have a decent alarm. its cost me the grand total of around 110quid at the mo for the pc side

screen £80
console £10
filler £5
sprays etc £7

i had the pc bits etc all i need now is abou 10quid of cables and the m2 atx which is £50

the amp has been the dearest so far at 160quid
Old 24th October 2007, 23:36   #58
blusax
Frequent Poster

tbh djrem mate you gave me the insiration for it after seeing your conversion and the link to digital car forum

cheers
Old 24th October 2007, 23:38   #59
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusax View Post
tbh djrem mate you gave me the insiration for it after seeing your conversion and the link to digital car forum

cheers
aww i feel warm inside

best of luck mate. im too lazy to get mine done so fast.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 23:40   #60
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

that looks cool that does

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote