Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 12th April 2008, 18:56   #1
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of
Default 2x12"subs and amp deal-INSTALLED!!!!!!

Right looking at this

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/5429.html

i will be building a boot install so i wont be using the box they supply but then if the build goes all wrong ill end up using it

dont want anything super just some nice bass, been offered other bits from places but ends up around the £500 mark and i really dont wanna spend that its not like ill be entering into car sound shows just for my personal use dont wanan go any higher than 150 to be really honest
Old 12th April 2008, 21:55   #2
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Thats a pretty shit deal tbh mate.

And why 2 subs? 1 is better than 2 imo, and i have tried both...

I'd go with one or if you must two of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-1202D-...QQcmdZViewItem

Then power it/them up with this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-601-1-...QQcmdZViewItem

That would pump about 290 rms into EACH SUB if you were to have 2!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 00:07   #3
JoNaH_FTW
Regular Poster

Car(s): saxo 1.1 (sold) Zetec S tdci Mk6
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
JoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to beholdJoNaH_FTW is a splendid one to behold

thats a good sub (the jbl one) i have it and it sounds great.

Last edited by JoNaH_FTW; 16th May 2008 at 11:07.
JoNaH_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 00:14   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

RMS is more of a guideline mate, the sub will take more power than what is stated dont worry about it

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 11:56   #5
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

how do people feel about this one then?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4117.html
Old 13th April 2008, 12:41   #6
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified View Post
how do people feel about this one then?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4117.html
That one is shit mate. Dont bother with it. 2 average subs and a crappy amp.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:19   #7
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

ive had a legacy amp before and i can safely say never again

Old 13th April 2008, 14:26   #8
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

lol ok then well
lets put me some bits together then after 2 12" subs and a amp, nothing amazing just nothig over £150

unless i get one sub and amp this month and build the boot install at least then ill have the sizes and then get the other the following month
Old 13th April 2008, 14:26   #9
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

i still say go for one mate or save up a bit more money

Old 13th April 2008, 15:12   #10
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

One is better than 2 imo!

You could get one good sub, and a proper amp to power it with.

You could probably be running 300-400w rms with £150
Old 13th April 2008, 15:36   #11
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

really wanan build this

what would be an idea is get a good amp and one sub and then have the option in the future to add another sub to it, happy to do that

Last edited by Modified; 13th April 2008 at 15:41.
Modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 15:47   #12
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

well just build it like that without the 2 boxes mate

Old 13th April 2008, 17:26   #13
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
One is better than 2 imo!

You could get one good sub, and a proper amp to power it with.

You could probably be running 300-400w rms with £150
Links to sub and amp for that price to push out that sort of power? That included a box or purely just the sub and an amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
well just build it like that without the 2 boxes mate
I agree i think it would look good with the Amp on one side of the box lit up and the sub the other side. Would look pretty good like that i think.
Old 13th April 2008, 20:21   #14
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

300w rms

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...d4-p-6009.html

400w rms
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...50-p-4685.html

Wiring Kit

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...wg-p-5576.html

That would be an awesome set up imo! About the best you can get for £150(ish)! Unless you go 2nd hand of coarse!
Old 13th April 2008, 22:35   #15
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

ok i have seen twin 12 fli subs with enclosed amp for 125 on the website above think that would be easier and save me building i guess
Old 14th April 2008, 07:52   #16
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified View Post
ok i have seen twin 12 fli subs with enclosed amp for 125 on the website above think that would be easier and save me building i guess
Easier but they sound awfull...

Seperate components is much better!
Old 14th April 2008, 08:30   #17
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

so we not happy with this?
comes with the fli wiring kit as well lol

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi...in-p-6094.html
Old 14th April 2008, 08:45   #18
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Thats a pretty shit deal tbh mate.

And why 2 subs? 1 is better than 2 imo, and i have tried both...

I'd go with one or if you must two of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-1202D-...QQcmdZViewItem

Then power it/them up with this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-601-1-...QQcmdZViewItem

That would pump about 290 rms into EACH SUB if you were to have 2!

so how we feel about this! think this will be the way forward and then when i got more money after done some other stuff to the car can get a better amp!
will that please every1?
Old 14th April 2008, 08:55   #19
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Thats the best bet mate^^^

Are you plannning on having 1 or 2 subs? Because this will determine what voice coil set up to go for...

If you run 2 subs, you want to make sure you get dual 4 ohm subs, but if you are sticking with just one, get a dual 2 ohm.

This way you get the most out of the amp!

And there is no need to get a better amp, that one is very good!
Old 14th April 2008, 09:22   #20
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Thats the best bet mate^^^

Are you plannning on having 1 or 2 subs? Because this will determine what voice coil set up to go for...

If you run 2 subs, you want to make sure you get dual 4 ohm subs, but if you are sticking with just one, get a dual 2 ohm.

This way you get the most out of the amp!

And there is no need to get a better amp, that one is very good!
to be honest wanna go for 2 subs and if after a while i dont like i can always sell the other sub and change the build then but wanna stick with the plan to have two subs! are those subs dual 4ohms? i have no idea! =)
i will be ordering the bits on thursday morning and hope they get here by friday!

says this....

12" 1200W peak subwoofer
Dual Voice coil design (dual 2-ohm, pre-wired as a 4-ohm sub)
Power Handling, RMS: 300 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 1200 Watts
Frequency Response (±3dB): 28Hz - 450Hz
Sensitivity: 93dB
Mounting Depth: 5-1/16"
Cut-Out Diameter: 11-3/16"

Last edited by Modified; 14th April 2008 at 09:24. Reason: info missing
Modified is offline   Reply With Quote