Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 1st June 2008, 22:12   #1
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Version Très Sportive
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member
Default Footwell Neons - Interior Light

Is there a way to get the Footwell neons running the same way the Interior light does? I.e, when the door opens, the light comes on, and so does the Footwell neons..

I don't want tacky blue ones that are on constantly.. Just a white light that looks cool..

Any ideas?
Old 1st June 2008, 22:14   #2
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzman1991 View Post
Is there a way to get the Footwell neons running the same way the Interior light does? I.e, when the door opens, the light comes on, and so does the Footwell neons..

I don't want tacky blue ones that are on constantly.. Just a white light that looks cool..

Any ideas?
Pretty sure it could be done easily enough mate.

Open your door, and look at under the hinge is a little black switch, with a rubber surround.

If you take your neon off that then it will come on with the interior light

Would be cool! A bit different!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 22:28   #3
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-Interior...QQcmdZViewItem

How would I go about wiring it up?
Old 1st June 2008, 22:33   #4
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Easy peasy! Its just got a live and an earth!

Just pull the live off anything you can, such as ignition live, then earth it.

It looks like that inverter box is just an inline item and will just connect to the wires.

That yellow wire could even be a remote on, but dont hold me to that!

When you get it give us a shout and we'll give you a hand mate!
Old 1st June 2008, 22:46   #5
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Okie, Imma buy it right now =D
Old 1st June 2008, 22:47   #6
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

Car(s): '07 zetec S
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light

What exactly does the inverter do just out of interest??
SaxoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 22:48   #7
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

SaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of lightSaxoAlex is a glorious beacon of light

I would rep you but i 'must spread rep around' lol
Old 1st June 2008, 22:50   #8
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoAlex View Post
What exactly does the inverter do just out of interest??
It probably switches the current from DC to AC, because cathodes work from alternating current, and thats how it gets the colour.

Might be wrong though, cus it might not even be a cathode! Could just be ebay being fraudulent again!
Old 1st June 2008, 22:59   #9
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoAlex View Post
I would rep you but i 'must spread rep around' lol
Second that, it won't let me -Grr-
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:30   #10
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Jap crap
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!

These are cathodes and run off DC power as they were originally designed to go inside PC cases. I actually had a set of these in my first saxo lol!

They come with a switch, which you can place anywhere you like, I placed it on the plastic covers that go around the seats. But if you want to run them from the interior light, its quite easy really!

Either run them directly off the light or from the switch thats inside the drives door
Adam_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:38   #11
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

I actually have no idea how to wire them.. What exactly do I do?
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:24   #12
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I actually have no idea how to wire them.. What exactly do I do?
Right, well i have never taken the door light switch however, this is what i would expect to find...

A positive wire going into the switch, then a positive wire coming out of the switch. Then when the door is shut, the switch is open, but when the door is open the switch is closed.

You need to tap into this live wire and run it to the positive of the cathode.

Then he cathode needs to be earthed. So you can just run a short piece of cable from the light to the chassis of the car.

Now, if it turns out that the light is on permanently, its cus you have picked up on the wrong wire from the door switch, so take the power from the other side of the switch and then the light will work with the switch
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:30   #13
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Are we talking about the Light in the roof, or the switch here?

Old 3rd June 2008, 21:44   #14
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

You got it mate! That little switch!

If you pull the rubber tab, you can then unscrew it!

The first thing to do is have look inside and see what you find!

Take it off then post up some more pics!
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:45   #15
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

I've taken it off and its just one single wire, I presumed it was the speaker wire?
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:47   #16
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I've taken it off and its just one single wire, I presumed it was the speaker wire?
It must be the earth then! I did think it could have been a switched earth...

Not a speaker wire...

Take a quick pic for us if you can mate!
Old 4th June 2008, 14:19   #17
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

It is the speaker wire, I took the other end out and there is a connector, I took it out and the Right speaker stopped working..

They came today buy annoyingly, they were broken in the post so I gotta wait for a replacement..
Old 4th June 2008, 14:20   #18
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Edit:
Old 4th June 2008, 14:33   #19
SaxoAlex
Frequent Poster
North West Region Member

might be easier to run them off the ciggy lighter then and have them on a switch so they dont have to be on all the time.
Old 4th June 2008, 14:34   #20
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

I dun want them to be tacky though.. If they came on when the door open/closed and then went off after 10seconds or however long it is, it would look much better..