Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 19th June 2008, 10:22   #21
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Since it says its mono, how would i run 2 subs? just put two of the cables to each terminal?

very close to buying the amp, no sure i want 2 subs yet though, and that other sub doesnt seem to be very well known.
mono has 2 channels i beleive, it just means it sends one signal out hence "mono", instead of multiple signals "stereo" is that right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 10:24   #22
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
before i start, can someone explain how to edit previous posts? i have been abel to on a similar forum but not this one.

Right any way, just bought the amp, now for the rest, i need the sub, a box, and wireing kit, thats all isnt it?

that sub looks good, and it could handle the watts, but it ? is an unknown make which puts me off. Is there any other subs you could reccomend?
whats your budget for what you need mate?

also to edit: click the "edit" button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you just left
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 19th June 2008, 14:32   #23
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

right, about 140 for the sub and the wireing and the box, if thats enough.

I found a sub which comes with a box, looks like agood deal and the sub has a good review, but im not sure about what wireing, do i need 4 g or 8 g?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/6710.html
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 14:33   #24
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

o and i work in halfords, so i get discount if i buy wireing from there, is there any good deals?

i cant see a edit button either haa.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:54   #25
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

also on the listing, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230261235314, it says the rms is different at 2 ohms, and 4 ohms, which i understand, but how do i use different resitances, does it depend on the wireing im using or what?

sorry abotu multiple posts, mods feel free to put them together.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:25   #26
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

ok well for a start, 2 or 4ohms depends on the sub, and set up i think.. for example, if i had two 4ohm subs it would make a 2ohm set up? im not 100% on it though..

i wouldnt buy from halfrauds, as even with discount i think the stuffs very overpriced, and not great quality

lets start with wiring.. 4awg would be better.. for £26 you can get this:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/cels...wg-p-6012.html

now for the sub: i assume you want only 1 sub? as thats what you said earlier right?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...12_p-20168.htm

my mates got one of these, with the same amp youve bought.. its a shame he has no front speakers :| because this sub really booms and would sound sweet with the right front set up! this will handle 700 watss rms at 4ohms

that takes things to around £140posted, all you need is a box which could cost £15, sorry to go over your budget!

however, if you were to go for 2 subs, id reccommend 2 of these:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/6208.html

with the amp yove got, it will give each sub around 500watts at 2ohms i think, but obv youd want it set up to 400watts for each sub (gain down)
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 15:41   #27
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

That looks cool, i deffinately dont want two.

The inphase one looks nice, but is pioneer not good if i want a single sub? is the one i listed any good, since it is 3000w max and 1000w rms it would handle the amp well wouldnt it.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:48   #28
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
That looks cool, i deffinately dont want two.

The inphase one looks nice, but is pioneer not good if i want a single sub? is the one i listed any good, since it is 3000w max and 1000w rms it would handle the amp well wouldnt it.
sorry i didnt see youd posted a link

yeah that pioneer is nice

however the boxes given by car audio security are shite tbh

the pioneer i reccomended only had 400rms, and would need 2, otherwise the amp would over power it too much i think

i think it is out of that pioneer you shown (1000watt rms), or the inphase one.. for the price, those are the 2 id consider.. which do you prefer?
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 16:07   #29
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

i prefer pioneer in a way, because its pioneer, and i havent really heard of inphase, only that my mate has their six by nines, what would you choose? should i not get the box and buy one for 15 pounds else where, or is the box okay to last for a while?
Old 19th June 2008, 16:13   #30
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

its up to you with the box.. my mate got a set up from there, and it came in a shity tiny sealed box, im sure thats not good? i thought if sealed, box must be of a bigger size..

not a lot of people have heard of inphase, that sub was award winning a couple of years ago, so you can be sure theyre good

i think id go for the inphase, allthough the pioneer is very nice..

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pion...d4-p-5913.html

just found it for £10 cheaper every little helps

if you go for the pioneer, youve gotta remember not to just whack the gain up all the way to make up for the sub being underpowerd

if you read csvtrs "advice on power ratings" youll understand it a little more
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 17:16   #31
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

yeah, i am undecided, and undecided whether or not i should buy that box or not, would an alternative off ebay be better or what?
Old 19th June 2008, 17:25   #32
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

I just read about dual voice coils. When i order the sub will it be wired already, what wire kit will have all the wires neccesary. I assume i need more wires since it is dual voice coil, so 4 terminals, how would i wire this for 2 ohms? i do physics i should know this haha.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:46   #33
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
I just read about dual voice coils. When i order the sub will it be wired already, what wire kit will have all the wires neccesary. I assume i need more wires since it is dual voice coil, so 4 terminals, how would i wire this for 2 ohms? i do physics i should know this haha.
both are allready wired to 4ohms

you dont have to change the wiring on the sub.. just wire it up with the wiring kit i showed you earlier.. all that needs to be done, is speaker wire from sub to box, and then wire from box to amp

EDIT: you dont need to wire both terminals
Quote:

Last edited by Ashleyp; 19th June 2008 at 17:48.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:59   #34
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

ah, but it says this "# Ohm Rating D4: sub can be wired as 2 or 8 ohm"

Im confused now haha.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:01   #35
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

well i have the "little brother" of that sub, and it has same voice coils i beleive.. my set up is wired to 4ohms

edit: my sub has differenc voice coils and is wired to 4hms

which means if im right? and with your physics knowledge lol... the pioneer sub with 1000watts will be running that at 2ohms.. therefore, the amp you have will give it about 1114watts RMS at 2 ohms

obv youd set gains correctly to give it correct rms

but sounds good?
Quote:

Last edited by Ashleyp; 19th June 2008 at 18:03.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:07   #36
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

also mate.. i dont mean to brag but ive just saved you more money! lol

http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=3304...ce=subcategory

have a look at that, same item £15 cheaper

so £85 for the sub
£26 for the wires
= £111 before postage

which leaves you with some cash for a box
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 18:15   #37
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

haha
ah year, and i see it have 4 terminals, so can anyone shed light at ifits eassy or not to wire the sub to 2 ohms in series wouldnt it be, but i dunno how i would do that. How do i connect 4 terminals to the 2 which would be on the box?
Old 19th June 2008, 18:16   #38
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
haha
ah year, and i see it have 4 terminals, so can anyone shed light at ifits eassy or not to wire the sub to 2 ohms in series wouldnt it be, but i dunno how i would do that. How do i connect 4 terminals to the 2 which would be on the box?
you wont need to wire up all the terminals i dont think

i think it would just be the two outer ones.. thhats how mines set up to 4ohms anyway

i think itd be the same

so your defo going for the pioneer then mate?
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 18:31   #39
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

yeah i think so, dunno why, dont really have a reason haha, i will need to luk into how to wire it into 2 ohms, as that would give the sub more power, which would be better wouldnt it? since it can handle it.

All a bit complicated for me tbh, need someone to tell me how to wire the 4 terminals to 2 ohms, any body haha?

will order the sub soon, not sure where from yet, as with the cheaper websites, i have to buy box seperate, and it ends up more, but maybe its a better box that way?
Old 19th June 2008, 18:36   #40
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

the bassjunkies link i showed had it for £85

buying a crappy box reduces the loudness of the sub, as it doesnt have enough air to work efficiently.

a sound system is 25% equiptment and 75% installation remember!

as i said you dont need to wire all the terminals to make it 2 ohms lol... its prewired
Quote: