Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 6th August 2008, 10:30   #141
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Looks nice that does!

Nice big, clear display and a big rotary button!

How do you like it liam? Whats the sub control like?
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 10:33   #142
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

aint played with it much yet but got crap loads of settings on it and relly easy to use il put a little write up once ive looked at it more n tryed out usb slot ect
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 10:41   #143
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

were the propper dropper scores with the jbl's or with the pioneer?
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 11:00   #144
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
were the propper dropper scores with the jbl's or with the pioneer?
With the jbl's mate
Old 6th August 2008, 11:18   #145
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

was with the jbls testing the car again this week as my old headunit was crap and the preouts where fooked so hoping to gain a cuple with the new HU
Old 6th August 2008, 11:36   #146
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
was with the jbls testing the car again this week as my old headunit was crap and the preouts where fooked so hoping to gain a cuple with the new HU
I cant really see you gaining 2 db's from a new head unit. Maybe 0.5 but not 2db. If you were to add another sub you could expect about a 3db gain.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:51   #147
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

reson i should gain a cuple is the old headunit was up full and the gains where up full and the speakers still wanted more the preouts on the old headunit where relly low voltage but on the new one the gains are hardly up and its louder and the subs play alot smother but il post up the new reading when i get them hopfuly weekend
Old 6th August 2008, 11:53   #148
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
reson i should gain a cuple is the old headunit was up full and the gains where up full and the speakers still wanted more the preouts on the old headunit where relly low voltage but on the new one the gains are hardly up and its louder and the subs play alot smother but il post up the new reading when i get them hopfuly weekend
Ahh right. Im with you!
Old 6th August 2008, 13:53   #149
saxo_bigbass
Established Member

Car(s): audi a3
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
saxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the roughsaxo_bigbass is a jewel in the rough

personally mate id sat get to alpine type r 1242-d subs and wire them down to 2ohms to get the 1100 rms . thats what i used to have but wired to 1ohms 1222-d
Old 6th August 2008, 14:47   #150
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

headunit looks alright mate.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:32   #151
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

are you running the gt5 at 4 ohms then? also are you going to compete at all?
Old 6th August 2008, 17:42   #152
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

as i have both subs wired to the mono amp it will be at 2ohm so there geting the 550rms each ive only been to 1 db testing and theres where 12 boot installs and i got 5th but my install will be changing to no-wall soon
Old 6th August 2008, 17:55   #153
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

changing to no-wall?

whats that mean?
Old 6th August 2008, 17:55   #154
webby
Established Member

you were competing in street b then? was it at t16? you are getting rid of the back seats to put you in the super street nw class ? im going to be competing soon enough in street a hoping to the crack 147db mark with a single 12". fingers crossed! if i stuggle with that ill move up into street b with my hifonincs
Old 6th August 2008, 17:57   #155
webby
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
changing to no-wall?

whats that mean?
a wall is exactly what it means a wall of woofers behind the b-pillar
and no wall means no rear seat but below the window line.
its an audio class

Last edited by webby; 6th August 2008 at 17:59.
Old 6th August 2008, 17:58   #156
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore

oh right...
Old 6th August 2008, 18:05   #157
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
you were competing in street b then? was it at t16? you are getting rid of the back seats to put you in the super street nw class ? im going to be competing soon enough in street a hoping to the crack 147db mark with a single 12". fingers crossed! if i stuggle with that ill move up into street b with my hifonincs
yeah i was on there stand at a car show in devon the other week yeah back seats are going dont no what class it is in db drag but in proper droopers its no-wall class

147 with a single 12 is going to be hard but good luck mate what fomate is youe install built for bd drag or proper droopers?
Old 6th August 2008, 18:14   #158
webby
Established Member

db drag. i might have a dabble with proper droppers i was going to build a box tuned to about 45-47hz but might drop it so its bit more musical and more use in other classes proper droppers, bass race.

i was looking at the termpro rules and you would be in super street no wall class but you have to keep the box below the window line and you are limted 2 8 strapped monoblocks or 4 standard subwoofer amps with a total of 8 conductors.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:23   #159
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

kl i havnt tryed db drag yet might give it ago on the weekend see what i get

im going to be running 6 or 8 12s off 3 or 4 monos
Old 6th August 2008, 18:31   #160
webby
Established Member

Quote:
kl i havnt tryed db drag yet might give it ago on the weekend see what i get

im going to be running 6 or 8 12s off 3 or 4 monos

you can run as many subs as you want but keep it below the window line and behind the b pillar you can have as many batts as you want and any size and up to 2 alts. it used to be really popular that class but most people who get rid of the rear seats think sod it ill wall it.