Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 4th August 2009, 20:39   #1
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Jap crap
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!
Default How to backup my xbox 360 games!

Anyway,

I want to be able to make copies of xbox 360 games for my own use. I will not be making money from this exercise, I simply want to save some money

Does anyone know what I need to be able to do this? My xbox is already flashed with the latest firmware and plays copies fine. I'm using my hp dual layer dvd drive to burn these but I get the very annoying message "only xbox backup discs can be extracted on a normal dvd-rom without a patched firmware" but I have know idea where to download the patched firmware for my drive.

Can anyone help?

My drive is model DS-8A1H 03C
Adam_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 23:51   #2
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Making backups off your software is no illegal in the slightest. Its actually a legal right to make a backup of any software you legal own for your own personal use. As for how to back up the games there are a few ways to do it but this one works well http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/H...lV33Merged.pdf
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AXracing For This Useful Post:
Old 5th August 2009, 16:31   #3
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!Adam_Q is absolutely fabulous!

That just seems to be talking about flashing my xbox, which i've already done.

I'm just trying to make backups of my current games I need to extract the security sectors (SS) so I can then make an ISO image to burn to a dual layer DVD. I have the ISO software and the Dual Layer dvd's, but I do not know how to remove these SS's

And are you sure this is legal? I'm not going to be selling these, just keep scratching my games and having backups would save me loads of dosh!

Last edited by Adam_Q; 5th August 2009 at 16:40.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:35   #4
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

adam i have a dvd drive forsale brand new!!! comes with the latest firmware for reading xbox360 games and turning them into an iso file. i also have the ide to usb adapter cable with power unit.
its a samsung sh-d162 black in colour

£40 with adapter and power unit, can post tomorrow
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 20:57   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Q View Post
That just seems to be talking about flashing my xbox, which i've already done.
Scroll down to page to page 13. Your looking for “Backing Up Games” It explains how to extract the security sector from 360 discs. Then tells you how to combine disc image with the security sector. Then finally tell you how to burn your disc.

Have a good read of it all and understand what you have to do before you start and you should be fine. Its not that complicated really its just there are a few steps to it and you need to do them all.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AXracing For This Useful Post:
Old 5th August 2009, 21:32   #6
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

make sure all games are stealth patched before playing them
Old 5th August 2009, 23:24   #7
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
make sure all games are stealth patched before playing them
what does stealth patched mean?
Old 5th August 2009, 23:24   #8
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
Scroll down to page to page 13. Your looking for “Backing Up Games” It explains how to extract the security sector from 360 discs. Then tells you how to combine disc image with the security sector. Then finally tell you how to burn your disc.

Have a good read of it all and understand what you have to do before you start and you should be fine. Its not that complicated really its just there are a few steps to it and you need to do them all.
Right got ya
Old 5th August 2009, 23:26   #9
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

you need to add a patch to the game iso and set the layer break to the same as 360discs.

if you dont xbox will notice you are playing a copy and ban your xbox

www.xbox360iso.com has all the info you need
Old 5th August 2009, 23:32   #10
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
you need to add a patch to the game iso and set the layer break to the same as 360discs.

Oh shit.... thanks for that!!! Are you competent in doing this?
Old 5th August 2009, 23:35   #11
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

yer i have made hundreds of stealth patched 360 games
Old 5th August 2009, 23:42   #12
Adam_Q
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
yer i have made hundreds of stealth patched 360 games
I don't suppose you could give me a hand dude? I'm really not comfortable in doing this but want to learn how to If so, do you have msn?
Old 5th August 2009, 23:43   #13
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

sparco_tom205@hotmail.com
Old 15th August 2009, 10:08   #14
mr_liss
L-plater

mr_liss is on a distinguished road

once you have your xbox image, run it through abgx360, will correct any errors in the ss, dmi or pfi. you can use your xbox dvd drive to rip games, if you arn't botherd about pulling it out of your xbox and you have ixtreme 1.6 or if you flash the 0800 firmware on to your drive, then just plug the sata cable into your pc (as if you would to flash) and boot up windows, when the drive is reconised insert your origonal and run xbox backup creator and make the image.
mr_liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:13   #15
mufcdouble
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vtr mk1
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
mufcdouble is on a distinguished road

Quote:

do you have to use this patch if your xbox is banned on live?
Old 24th August 2009, 22:14   #16
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

nope the patch is to stop you getting banned
Old 24th August 2009, 22:37   #17
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

When I had looked into this before there was only certain drives that could read / rip the Xbox 360 games, however must be changed with custom firmwares now?

It's easier to get onto a trusted private tracker or perhaps newsgroup and download them (although does depend if you have slow / fast internet...)

I just download them straight off .... (shit that's illegal)

But hey, approx 25 mins to download, 37 mins to burn at 2.4x and boom, playing a game within the hour'ish.
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 22:41   #18
davidandrews5343
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Newage WRX
davidandrews5343 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-88 View Post
When I had looked into this before there was only certain drives that could read / rip the Xbox 360 games, however must be changed with custom firmwares now?

It's easier to get onto a trusted private tracker or perhaps newsgroup and download them (although does depend if you have slow / fast internet...)

I just download them straight off .... (shit that's illegal)

But hey, approx 25 mins to download, 37 mins to burn at 2.4x and boom, playing a game within the hour'ish.

its not illegal if you own the game, dosnt matter where the backup disk comes from as long as you have an original copy
davidandrews5343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 07:05   #19
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!
Default Re: How to backup my xbox 360 games!

I don't own the games I download..

(disclaimer: I own every single game just incase..)
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote