Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates > Suspected Scammer Info

Suspected Scammer Info Unfortunately an increasing number of members are being scammed, despite strict trading guidelines being in place. Please use this forum to collate all information about suspected scammers, to make investigation/prosecution easier.

Old 20th August 2010, 15:04   #1
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts Mk1 1997
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
djx11b is on a distinguished road
Default 00emelee

Believe to have been scammed by 00emelee for £84 for a magnex exhaust i purchased yesterday.

I saw the exhaust up for sale for £80 posted in the sales section I agreed on the price and asked him to send me a paypal address to send the money to. At first he said he didn't have a paypal account and he would sort one out I then received another pm shortly after giving me his paypal address to pay the money in to it.

I paid £84 as goods so covered by paypal and the £4 to cover the extra fees. He then pm'd me saying he couldn't get in to his paypal account as it had been suspended straight away (sounded fishy) and i would have to get my money back myself.

I have used payapl for 6 years + through ebay etc and only the seller or person who has received the money can refund the money once the payment has been sent. I confirmed with paypal the account was active and also with my creditcard company that the money had been paid to him as tried to stop it which i couldn't as it was already in his paypal account. Paypal told me even if the account was blocked for any reason any money in it or payment could be refunded as well in this situation.

I explained this to the seller who then has ignored me since yesterday and I notice he has been back online today and still has not replyed to my pm's so feel I have to post in this section now.

He has also done the exact same thing to jayyoung as well who had to claim his money back through a paypal claim which took him a month. I'm going to be making a claim with paypal and also letting my creditcard company know as well and if he can not explain the reason why he has done this or give me my money back would be looking for him to be banned as looks like he is scamming people as second time now he has done this !!!
djx11b is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djx11b For This Useful Post:
Old 20th August 2010, 15:12   #2
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

You should be able to get your money back pretty easily, it will take about a month though. Good job you didnt pay via gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 15:14   #3
Paulp
Super Moderator

Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Why haven't you and jayyoung left him bad itrader? Thats what its there for.

When you dont leave them bad iTrader theres more chance someone else will get scammed by them.
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 20th August 2010, 15:22   #4
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

I was giving him the chance to answer my post or come back and sort this out before i done that. If jayyoung had left him some would have helped as wouldn't have paid him the money in the first place. Should i leave him it now ?

Last edited by djx11b; 20th August 2010 at 15:24.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:57   #5
Tom_Crx
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Vauxhall corsa 1.2 Saxo 1.6 vtr
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tom_Crx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djx11b View Post
I was giving him the chance to answer my post or come back and sort this out before i done that. If jayyoung had left him some would have helped as wouldn't have paid him the money in the first place. Should i leave him it now ?
Yes, put in a paypal claim as well..
Tom_Crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 16:01   #6
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Left the feedback to warn any other buyers and also I had filed a paypal claim last night so waiting for reply on that.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:44   #7
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...54#post4650554
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 17:48   #8
Paulp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Subtle View Post
Sorted.
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 20th August 2010, 17:54   #9
00emelee
Regular Poster

Car(s): BLACK MK2 VTR
iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
00emelee is on a distinguished road

refund has been issued, jayjay sent payment of 80 so was only 74 in end so payment reversed, it did not take him a month at all , was refunded when i finished work later that day, and i have replied to your pm, check your inbox.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:55   #10
Paulp
Super Moderator

You've had to issue two refunds and you've only been a member since April 2010. Not having much luck are you?
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 20th August 2010, 17:57   #11
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

This is the exact reason people should always leave itrader.

Hope you get your money back mate, should get it back A's you was wise and paid extra to cover fees instead of sending A's gift.

It's people like this seller who are ruining Saxp.
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after

Last edited by Dan-Subtle; 20th August 2010 at 19:58.
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 19:48   #12
Paulp
Super Moderator

djx11b, Make sure you keep the thread up to date with regards of him offering refund etc. As he isn't allowed to sell until this is resolved.
Quote:
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Old 20th August 2010, 21:54   #13
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

received this message just in from work

(sorry had to go to work, i have started the refund on paypal mate, and the funds have been held by paypal. you should receive them back into your account within a week.)

checked paypal account and no emails messages or refunds showing as pending on the account so will leave it a week and update this thread if i receive my money back or have to go through the claim route which is in motion.
Old 21st August 2010, 08:04   #14
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 307, Nissan Juke, 206 Grand tourisme
iTrader Score: 83 (100%)
deks36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djx11b View Post
received this message just in from work

(sorry had to go to work, i have started the refund on paypal mate, and the funds have been held by paypal. you should receive them back into your account within a week.)

checked paypal account and no emails messages or refunds showing as pending on the account so will leave it a week and update this thread if i receive my money back or have to go through the claim route which is in motion.
refunds are instant when i have refunded people the money has gone straight into their account,if you have opened a dispute you may need to upgrade it to claim if you havent already done so this will then put the funds on hold dont wait do it today to stop the funds being withdrawn from sellers account
deks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2010, 09:02   #15
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

thats what i thought as well anytime i refund someone it will be instant or show in there account as being refunded and just money pending if it has been placed etc. I filed a claim straight after I beleive I was scammed which is giving the seller 10 days to reply before it goes to the next step. can't change that at the moment

I would have thought if the seller refunded me as well he would have answered the pending claim on his account to say the money has been refunded and asking me to close the case.
Old 21st August 2010, 16:25   #16
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

and now he's advertising that he wants to buy an S engine, i've been scammed by buyers as well as sellers so won't be bothering to offer him anything
Old 21st August 2010, 17:20   #17
00emelee
Regular Poster

Car(s): BLACK MK2 VTR
iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
00emelee is on a distinguished road

im not a scammer, ive give him a refund but because hes opened a dispute the funds have been held!
Old 21st August 2010, 18:34   #18
MikeYost
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
MikeYost is on a distinguished road

Something seems very dodgy..

http://www.musclefood.com/MY46144
MikeYost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:31   #19
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 307, Nissan Juke, 206 Grand tourisme
iTrader Score: 83 (100%)
deks36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00emelee View Post
im not a scammer, ive give him a refund but because hes opened a dispute the funds have been held!
rubbish the dispute would be settled as son as you gave refund thats how paypal works he opens dispute you refund dispute closed if dispute is still open then you haven't given a refund
simple
deks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:07   #20
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

just a quick update checked my paypal account this morning as been busy all weekend and the seller has not replied to any messages from paypal and no refund has been issued either so he is clearly lieing about refunding the money as deks36 says the dispute would have been settled and the case closed.