Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 28th September 2010, 11:48   #1
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!
Default Android 2.2

Any confirmed info on this update on o2 for the Galaxy S?
Old 28th September 2010, 12:33   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

http://recombu.com/news/samsung-gala...er_M12105.html

Looks like samsung confirmed it on twitter, cant see why the o2 locked phones wouldnt allow it. Could be wrong though dont own the galaxy s.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 12:38   #3
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Dunno, the HTC Desire has already had one 2.2 desire released but had some bugs apparently, so theyre realsing another 2.2 for them. Shouldnt be long for the Samsung 2.2 now then, any ideas if il have to update it manually or il get a notification on my phone for it?
Old 28th September 2010, 12:45   #4
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

If its the same procedure as the HTC Desire then it will be an over the air update. For this reason i would advise waiting untill your connected to wifi before begining to download it, rather than using 3g and it taking for ever or your connection dropping half way through, could cause problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to haz_pro For This Useful Post:
Old 28th September 2010, 13:41   #5
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

O good stuff. Yeh il wait till im at home to do it incase anything fucks up. Hopefully cure my messaging app from crashin out all the time. If not il get another messagin app installed.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:48   #6
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Oh strange, dont think my friends had any problems with his.

I really want a android phone, but worried ill regret it as i have heard some problems with the OS.

Hows your galaxy besides the messaging? ever had a iphone to compare?
Old 28th September 2010, 14:37   #7
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Oh strange, dont think my friends had any problems with his.

I really want a android phone, but worried ill regret it as i have heard some problems with the OS.

Hows your galaxy besides the messaging? ever had a iphone to compare?
Its amazing mate! Havnt had an iPhone to compare. But il definatly be sticking with android now.

Everything works perfectly, so easy to use, screen is amazin. Very stable apart from the messaging app. Good features on it. Love it!

You got iPhone atm ye?
Old 28th September 2010, 22:07   #8
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Yeah had iphone 3g and have the 3gs at the moment!

may have to look into a android phone
Old 29th September 2010, 09:56   #9
jonesyFX
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 172 Phase 1
jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!jonesyFX is a great team player!

I've got FroydVillain 1.5 on my HTC Hero loving it. Would never use an official ROM tbh after using custom ones.
Old 2nd October 2010, 17:31   #10
fisherposh
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
fisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty sure it's been delayed til end of october mate, I have a Galaxy S and love it, just waiting for 2.2 as it is meant to make the phone run so much smoother
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:18   #11
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherposh View Post
Pretty sure it's been delayed til end of october mate, I have a Galaxy S and love it, just waiting for 2.2 as it is meant to make the phone run so much smoother
Thanks correct it has been delayed, the date was set for 28th sept but has been put back till the end of oct. I have read its due samsung being dicks. Im waiting till 2.2 coms out to see if there is much difference if not then its getting rooted
Old 14th October 2010, 15:57   #12
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

This updates taking ages now.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:28   #13
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

End of November for 2.2 SOURCE

Depending on the phone and network depends when you get it. Some phones/networks have had the update.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:35   #14
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Bump of this tread,

for people who are intrested in the release of Android 2.2 the following link will be of some intrest: CLICK ME
Old 27th October 2010, 19:16   #15
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Thanks for the link mate, so hopefully end of november?
Old 5th November 2010, 13:39   #16
fisherposh
Frequent Poster

fisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of lightfisherposh is a glorious beacon of light

Upgraded mine last night, should be able to upgrade through Samsung Kies now! You have to make sure you upgrade to the latest version of Saumsung Kies too first
Old 5th November 2010, 13:50   #17
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Insaling kies now, hopefully get it working this time as uninstalled it last time couse it wernt working.
Old 5th November 2010, 19:04   #18
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Hmmm, so Samsung have started the 2.2 upgrade in england yesterday, nordic regions have had it for a while i think?

o2 customers to expect the branded update later in november. Ive still got to wait
Old 6th November 2010, 01:11   #19
fisherposh
Frequent Poster

Ah right, that sucks dude. I'm on Orange so maybe why I can get it now. Shame the network is shit can't get signal anywhere lol, 2.2 seems a nice upgrade still a bit buggy sometimes but meant to be better? Will have to wait and see really
Old 6th November 2010, 10:18   #20
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherposh View Post
Ah right, that sucks dude. I'm on Orange so maybe why I can get it now. Shame the network is shit can't get signal anywhere lol, 2.2 seems a nice upgrade still a bit buggy sometimes but meant to be better? Will have to wait and see really
I agree about orange being shit. I need to find my usb lead to update mine