Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep' > Track Chat

Track Chat This forum is for general chat related to track / motorsport, including photos of builds, etc. Please keep the main forum section based upon technical discussion.

Old 12th April 2011, 16:09   #1
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 36 (97%)
rorz_vts will become famous soon enough
Default for people that have removed abs

just a quick one, ive removed my abs unit and all the sensors and have put on one of swampys full braided hose kits, front and rear and im finding that the brake wont retain a hard feel, i dont mean when you pump the brake pedal and goes hard i mean just the general feel over all feels abit 'soggy' and the pedal has to travel further for pressure to be applied, im running hispec 4pots up front with a 23mm M/C, a bias valve and hydrolic handbrake inside the car, is it suppose to feel like this or have i not done something right and the brakes have been bled properly
Old 12th April 2011, 17:25   #2
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): EP3 Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorz_vts View Post
just a quick one, ive removed my abs unit and all the sensors and have put on one of swampys full braided hose kits, front and rear and im finding that the brake wont retain a hard feel, i dont mean when you pump the brake pedal and goes hard i mean just the general feel over all feels abit 'soggy' and the pedal has to travel further for pressure to be applied, im running hispec 4pots up front with a 23mm M/C, a bias valve and hydrolic handbrake inside the car, is it suppose to feel like this or have i not done something right and the brakes have been bled properly
You positive the there is are no air bubbles within the hoses Rory? As when I replaced my hoses I had exactly the same feeling and it took a good 6 or 7 times bleeding it to feel okay. As when the hoses are connected loads of air gets in. Make sure all the union connections are done up tightly too.

Other than that, have you adjusted the bias valve at all as perhaps most of the pressure is going to back rather than the front? Also, have you adjusted the balance bar in the engine bay? That usually clears up any pedal travel for me!

Could be a bit of a strange one though as I know a guy on Shed was running a similar setup to you (minus the hydraulic handbrake) and he couldn't sort it at all. Ended up reverting back to a 283mm which he finds much more responsive.

EP3 Civic Type R - soon to be JRSC'd
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 18:42   #3
Tufty
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Black Furio, Amazon Green VT-S Road Beast
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Tufty is on a distinguished road

removed mine to fit with full copper lines and mine is sweet as man, try re bleeding it! Jason
Old 12th April 2011, 19:02   #4
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
You positive the there is are no air bubbles within the hoses Rory? As when I replaced my hoses I had exactly the same feeling and it took a good 6 or 7 times bleeding it to feel okay. As when the hoses are connected loads of air gets in. Make sure all the union connections are done up tightly too.

Other than that, have you adjusted the bias valve at all as perhaps most of the pressure is going to back rather than the front? Also, have you adjusted the balance bar in the engine bay? That usually clears up any pedal travel for me!

Could be a bit of a strange one though as I know a guy on Shed was running a similar setup to you (minus the hydraulic handbrake) and he couldn't sort it at all. Ended up reverting back to a 283mm which he finds much more responsive.
not really played with the bias valve tbh mate its just on 'normal' setting but i dont think its that, ill have a play with it tho. Also not played with the balance bar tbh its the first ive heard of it and ive certainly not touched it so cant see why it would need adjusting. ill wait till saturday and get some more fuild and rebleed it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
removed mine to fit with full copper lines and mine is sweet as man, try re bleeding it! Jason
yea ill give it a go mate just need more fluid
Old 12th April 2011, 19:24   #5
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum

Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!Harv is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
not really played with the bias valve tbh mate its just on 'normal' setting but i dont think its that, ill have a play with it tho. Also not played with the balance bar tbh its the first ive heard of it and ive certainly not touched it so cant see why it would need adjusting. ill wait till saturday and get some more fuild and rebleed it .

yea ill give it a go mate just need more fluid
The thing is though, with a larger master cylinder and as you've changed the hoses it will have effected the balance bar. Its really easy Rory, just 2 nuts that tighten against each other. Couple of turns and its done usually, might sort your problem. I'd try that first, just count how many turns you've done it and undo it again if it isn't cured - thats if you think you've bled the system well, otherwise that might be best first.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=194460 - how to tighten the brake pedal balance bar.

I had a hard time with mine bleeding it and that's with 266's so 4 pots must be a nightmare! What fluid you using just out of interest?

The Following User Says Thank You to Harv For This Useful Post:
Old 12th April 2011, 19:50   #6
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore

cheers for that mate ill have a go with that tomoz, im using AP Racing 5.1 brake fluid as i got a good deal off tweeks on ebay
Old 12th April 2011, 20:05   #7
Harv
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
cheers for that mate ill have a go with that tomoz, im using AP Racing 5.1 brake fluid as i got a good deal off tweeks on ebay
No problem mate! Thats the same stuff I'm using too