Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 17th July 2011, 18:00   #21
vtr_chris90
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
vtr_chris90 is on a distinguished road

Iirc the difference between group a and group n Peugeot sport mounts is just the lower mount being alloy on the group a's and hard rubber on group n's and with the group a kit you also get a fork bush aswell I've not seen one with the group a kit

i have driven with the vibratechnics fast road mounts and the Peugeot sport group n mounts
when i had the vibratechnics fast road upper mounts fitted, i had a Peugeot sport group n lower, and the vibrations were minimal tbh im pretty sure there wasnt much more than a powerflex causes, but yet it felt so much better than a powerflex lowr and standard uppers, it drove great and was still nice on long journeys and i drove the car 5-6 days a week doing roughly 300 miles over 1 and a half weeks and it was very tolerable, and felt really solid still
i then thught id try a peugeot sport group a lower since it was kocking around in the garage with the spoox uppers still, and vbrations ddnt increase much and felt even more solid still was vry tolerable

i then had the peugeot sport uppers and group n lower, as i got them ata great price from a mate and thought id try them as i sold my vibratechnics ones for the same money so broke even really too
now with the peugeot sport group n set, i actually have alot more vibration than i even did with the group a lower and vibratechnics uppers lol, but I don't think it felt much different If any from the vibratechnics uppers and group a lower
i only drove my car twice maybe 3 times a week anyway and roughly 300miles in a month maybe, so i didnt mind the extra vibration and noise i think if it was a daily i may get a bit sick of it, plus the omp inox exhaust isnt exactly what you call quiet either lol

But Also with the design of the vibratechnics, you don't need buffers at all

I've been to their site and had a few tests done on the mounts too, they also explained alot to me which is very helpful.

Their mounts are designed to have minimal movement backwards forwards and side to side, but they have a rubber buffer there which allows movement up and down only about 2-3mm but it's this movement that helps prevent the vibration but still keep the solidness.
Where as the Peugeot sport ones are just hard rubber, so not as much up n down movement which there tests proved, which is why the Peugeot sport ones vibrate more, but the vibratechnics had less movement backwards and forwards
The vibratechnics lower mount was also stiffer than the Peugeot sport group n lower.

Oh and forgot to say don't mix and match mounts I.e bakerbm upper gearbox side an vibratechnics ecu side, I did this and found out the hard way, I had it on the rollers at the time and I noticed the engine was twisting, there was a he'll of a lot less movement ecu side compared to gearbox side, I also had a knocking noise too low down when I let off (it probably happened higher in the revs too but couldn't here it) and when changing gear, so I changed it to a matching fast road vibratechnics one and all clunking went, I was also back on the rollers a couple weeks later changing cam timing again and there was no movement gearbox side this time

That's my bit anyway lol.

Sorry it's an essay haha
Old 17th July 2011, 18:10   #22
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

i think the group A ones do use abit stiff rubber than the group N ones.

but that a very good write up, i really like my competion vibra tech ones.

but really all will be very good.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 18:41   #23
vtr_chris90
Established Member

Ahh right, I didn't know what if they do.
Still I suppose the problem with Peugeot sport items now is the fast they are costing well over £200 either way, isn't it touching near £250 for group a?
And vibratechnics will do just as good a job if not better imo, and a bit selling point is the lack of vibration compared to the pugsport mounts

I agree though mate, I'm happy with my fast road ones, I'd say they are perfect for some one who will still be using daily, and wants to do a couple track days here and there.
Old 17th July 2011, 19:12   #24
mangojace
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
mangojace is on a distinguished road

I have the competition one which is probably just as good as the group n pugsport if not better? But cheaper price
mangojace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 19:52   #25
vtr_chris90
Established Member

I'd say they were better mate
I'd also go as far as saying the fast Road ones were just as good as the Peugeot sport group n's tbh (in my opinion)

Its the design that makes them different, like I said in the other post, theyre designed to have maximum rigidity and minimal vibration, which is exactly what they do
Since I honestly could barely tell the difference between the group n and fast road vibratechnics apart from the massive difference in lack of vibration with the vibratechnics.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:22   #26
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Competion ones are more group A mount spec. The fast road the group n spec ones.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:48   #27
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Excellent post there Chris the group A bottom mount is solid metal pressed into the cradle with a small rubber bush around the bolt.

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 15:36   #28
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Im rocking group A pugsports

Couldnt give a crap about vibrations but even with the rattly french plastics tbh there not that bad not even the misses minds
There pretty stiff tbh (basic test of grabbing the exhaust mani and giving the motor a good shake proved there a lot harder than standards) watching on rollers my motor doesnt move in the bay and shifts are a lot nicer as the box isnt moving around misaligning the linkages

All in id reccomend them
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexB For This Useful Post:
Old 19th July 2011, 20:15   #29
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

I'm assuming your still rocking one of the sets I got direct from pug sport France Alex? Love mine as well. Vibrations arent anything more than you would expect from a car with a cage, hard suspension etc in it, and holds the engine nice and firm as well

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
The Following User Says Thank You to jpsaxo For This Useful Post:
Old 20th July 2011, 06:47   #30
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Yea josh i am
kept them and my 4pots across most of the cars ive had haha
oh really.....
Old 20th July 2011, 08:33   #31
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Never said it was a bad thing but the vibration vs the vibra tech ones is noticeable different between what mine sound like and what yours sound like.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:42   #32
Olly
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo vtr mk 2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Olly is on a distinguished road

The competition ones i have, i couldnt see why anyone would go for fast road... Theres hardly any vibrations, yet zero engibe movement.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:52   #33
MR_N
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
MR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of light

Im probably going for fast road ones tbh. Car will see track but not yet and dont want to and stress elsewhere on the car

FCS 2011 SPECIAL AWARD - TRAX 2011 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - FCS 2012 SHOW AND SHINER WINNER - TRAX 2012 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - TRAX 2013 BEST SAXO
MR_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 09:44   #34
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
The competition ones i have, i couldnt see why anyone would go for fast road... Theres hardly any vibrations, yet zero engibe movement.
Pugsport of vibratechnics Olly?

Mr_n - if I was you, choose your spec now and keep to it, nothing worse than getting all the stuff you want, using it once, then having to change half the stuff again for the desired feel.

Andy - are you using the vibratechnics competition ones?

Last edited by jpsaxo; 20th July 2011 at 09:47.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:57   #35
MR_N
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
MR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks JP. Sticking to the fast road ones i think.

FCS 2011 SPECIAL AWARD - TRAX 2011 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - FCS 2012 SHOW AND SHINER WINNER - TRAX 2012 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - TRAX 2013 BEST SAXO
MR_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 09:57   #36
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySAXO View Post
Never said it was a bad thing but the vibration vs the vibra tech ones is noticeable different between what mine sound like and what yours sound like.
Mine sounds bad because of rattly plastics as ive got full interior
oh really.....
Old 20th July 2011, 10:44   #37
lwigmore
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS Saxo VTR
lwigmore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Mine sounds bad because of rattly plastics as ive got full interior
Same with mine but it's my sunroof that vibrates. i've got pugsport group N engine mounts
lwigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 10:59   #38
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Josh I have competions one think Olly's are the same both competion ones.

Yer I ent used the fast road ones from vibra tech but competion ones I can have the sitting there rev the engine hard and just no movement.

Alex don't blame that get ride of all that shit!!
Old 20th July 2011, 11:01   #39
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Its my daily so no!
oh really.....
Old 20th July 2011, 11:02   #40
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Don't think there be much different between all the engine mounts.

All be good.... I like the look of the vibra tech ones different.

Not a fan of what the bm baker look like... Not try them but sure they will do the job.