Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 22nd July 2007, 23:42   #41
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
EDIT bit late replying sorry, anyway youve bought the speaker wire now, id still egt that wiring kit i put up though, you can never have enough speaker wire
What, aswell as the other one?
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:45   #42
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

aswell as the other what?? the wiring kit??

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:49   #43
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Autoleads PC4-60 4G Car Amplifier Wiring Kit

I bought that before you posted.
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:00   #44
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

ahhhhh right well that comes with 6 metres of speaker wire and you have bought the 10 metres aswell so you should be fine, did you get the RCA lead too

Old 23rd July 2007, 00:07   #45
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Yep the 5m one from ebay you suggested.
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:10   #46
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yep well your all set mate, let me know when the arrive and there fitted, and if you come into any problems or queries you know where i am

Old 23rd July 2007, 00:13   #47
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Any guides around for fitting it all? I've read your amp diagrams so i have a good idea but I need to know where are the best places to run cables and put everything etc...
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:38   #48
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

only thing i can say is read the stickies and FAQs mate they should help you wire it up

you also get a diagram in the wiring kit usually

its really easy to do dont worry, just remember to disconnect the battery by undoing the negative

Old 23rd July 2007, 18:42   #49
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Ok cheers, Are there any decent guides in the Premium section?

I fitted the HU earlier, little problem though, it seems to be losing all the settings everytime I remove the key from the ignition. Any idea why?

Old 23rd July 2007, 19:10   #50
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n View Post
Ok cheers, Are there any decent guides in the Premium section?

I fitted the HU earlier, little problem though, it seems to be losing all the settings everytime I remove the key from the ignition. Any idea why?

swap the yellow and red wires at the back on the sterio loom...there is something in the faq's about that somewhere im sure of it!
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:57   #51
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofurio View Post
swap the yellow and red wires at the back on the sterio loom...there is something in the faq's about that somewhere im sure of it!
Worked a treat. Cheers

Also sorted out a few other little problems.
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:24   #52
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

glad its sorted, have you recieved them already??

Old 23rd July 2007, 23:22   #53
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
glad its sorted, have you recieved them already??
Got the HU today after ordering last week. Hopefully the rest of the stuff turns up tomorrow as I have the day off.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:25   #54
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

ahhhh right, which headunit did you get again

Old 23rd July 2007, 23:52   #55
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...b53cbeec55bc92

That one.
Old 23rd July 2007, 23:56   #56
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

ahhhh yeah i remember now lol, good bit of kit isnt it

Old 24th July 2007, 08:57   #57
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Haha just got the speaker wire through and they've sent 2 packs of 10m, with free gift printed on one of them. Result!
Old 24th July 2007, 14:37   #58
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Ok got everything here apart from the sub.

Just had a little play with the wiring and I've a got few questions...

How do I get the power cable through to the battery? Do I have to make my own hole? Also, how am I supposed to hide the thing? Does it go under the carpet?

Is it best to run the power cable and 1 speaker cable down the left side and the phono cable, remote cable, and the other speaker cable down the right?

I take it they run from the boot, down the side of the rear seats, then tucked under the carpet until under the dash? Thats the only way I can think of doing it. Anyone got a better idea?

Cheers
Old 24th July 2007, 14:40   #59
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

there are pictures of the grommet in the stickies you have to get the power to mate, also where to hook it up and where to earth it

its best to take all the seats out mate makes things a lot easier

run the powercable and speaker cable down the passenger side

down the middle run the RCAs and remote wire

down the drivers side another bit of speaker cable

all tucked under the carpet yes

Old 24th July 2007, 18:59   #60
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Ok done everything apart from wiring up the speakers. I just need to know where to put the crossover? I have a few ideas but I want to know wheres best.