Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 8th December 2010, 20:29   #1
Toms112
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 2008 Ford Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Toms112 is on a distinguished road
Default Home audio

Been looking for a surround sound system for my room for when im watching dvds/gaming/music editing and generally listening too music.

What can you guys recommend? I don't want to spend any more then 90/100£

Cheers
but I bet she been rogered more times that a policemans walkie talkie
Toms112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 20:43   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

for £100 anything. Tbqh it will all be shit. Up your budget a few hundred at least.
Old 8th December 2010, 20:51   #3
Matt-T
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Vauxhall Vectra VW Golf Mk4 Honda Prelude
Matt-T is on a distinguished road

I built my Home audio system.. Cost me just over £1000 and that was with most of it free from my mate lol. For £100 wont get alot. £300 might get you a Hi-fi with disc changer and about 500w RMS with a subwoofer
Matt-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 21:05   #4
Toms112
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 2008 Ford Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Toms112 is on a distinguished road

All im after is the amp,sub and speakers. Ill probably be able to stretch to £175 if I budget nicely lol
but I bet she been rogered more times that a policemans walkie talkie
Toms112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 22:47   #5
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Unless you really want surround sound, i would go for a 2.1 system, especially if you're listening to music.

Music on 5.1 systems isnt great imo, if your looking at a 5.1 system which is the same price as a 2.1 system any way!

As said for 100 you wont get alot, i would reccomend saving up for a bit longer and possibly getting a amp and a pair of monitors, then when you have the money, a sub.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 06:50   #6
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

As above 2.1 at the very most, but personally id rather a couple of bookshelf speakers.

£100 budget is very low and only enough for a pair of entry level bookshelf speakers.

Amp thats capable of 5.1 surround id budget at least £300 for entry level.

Depends what you want though. Could get the Denon RCD M38DAB which is £200 got one of them and would reccomend it, along with bookshelf speakers for at least £100.

However if you really do want 5.1 then get an argos catalog and look at the DVD surround sounds, although the quality of sound wont be anywhere near as good as hifi at half the price.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:02   #7
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
As above 2.1 at the very most, but personally id rather a couple of bookshelf speakers.

Amp thats capable of 5.1 surround id budget at least £300 for entry level.

Depends what you want though. Could get the Denon RCD M38DAB which is £200 got one of them and would reccomend it, along with bookshelf speakers for at least £100.
Yeah i should have mentioned that, i would much rather have a 2.0 system, unless you want huge bass.

Just looked up that Denon RCD M38DAB, you say you would get one, along with speakers? But it comes with them;S

So are you saying you can get it without the speakers and then get your own, or are you saying the supplied speakers are shit lol, and to get new ones?

Looks decent i havent got a good music system, but have been looking into it for ages.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 14:52   #8
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

You can get it without speakers for £200 or with speakers for £340/60ish, comes with wharfedale 9.1's irc. Theyre a good budget speaker costing about £100. Only reason I got it without was couse ive got some adequate ones for the time being, going to get some Mission speakers for it though.

For a cheap bedroom hifi these lil denons are pretty good if you want to spend a little bit more look at the Cambridge Audio One+ After that then obviously separates.