Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 17th February 2011, 20:35   #21
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
dont even need that, apple are not that hard to blag

The education store online isnt locked if you use the 3rd option on the list
You still need you student id number and enrolment number i belive?
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 20:48   #22
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankay View Post
You still need you student id number and enrolment number i belive?
Not if you dont do it as university.

You dont have a student ID and enrolment number at a school. Education pricing isnt just for uni
Old 17th February 2011, 21:39   #23
Frankay
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts x2 Audi TDI a fair few others.
Frankay is on a distinguished road

Quote:

You dont have a student ID and enrolment number at a school. Education pricing isnt just for uni
Sneeky sneeky!
Frankay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 21:47   #24
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Quote:

That doesn't give you the highest amount of discount though, but hey some discount is better than nothing at all.
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 21:48   #25
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Seriously tempted to buy a Mac over the summer now I've seen the discount part...
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 21:59   #26
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
I have a slight advantage that that I was brought up on many different platforms. So for me swapping the OS I am using is no big issue. For the most part my least favourite is windows for several reason. The biggest advantage with Mac OS is that the OS is built round a given hardware and this guaranties stability and compatibility. The other advantage is online security. This is a combination of very concept the OS is built on but also the small user base.

Some people are still worried that a Mac will not be able to run every product you wish it to but these days a Mac ran run windows as good as any PC so you can happily run have both OS installed. As for installing Mac OS on a PC for the most part no you can't. But if you build your PC with a given hardware spec you can get Mac OS to boot on it. Though no PC hardware is currently 100% compatible so it really gets rid of the biggest advantage of using Mac OS.

If your just in to web browsing, emails, watching videos, listening to music and that sort of thing give Linux a go. You can make a boot DVD that will run on most PCs and give you a taster. Linux actually has more users then windows these days though most are industrial rather then natively on home PCs.

I also like Solaris and it is totally free. Though can be a bit of a pain as a home OS.
Covered everything i would have said.

If you have the budget go Mac, stable OS deployed on specific hardware, very secure, any application the average user needs is available for mac, all the peripherals integrate seamlessly (again because they are designed and built by apple). Its simply a far nicer all round experience, from the OS right down to the physical look & feel of the machine.

If you a microsoft fanboy and wont listen to reason or if you are on a tight budget get a PC, install Chrome, AVG, VLC player etc - distance yourself from the crap software that gets bundled with it.

Always remember, buy cheap by twice though!

P.S. This was posted from my Windows 7 desktop at home

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 22:40   #27
djshongo
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS 1.6 16v
djshongo is a name known to alldjshongo is a name known to alldjshongo is a name known to alldjshongo is a name known to alldjshongo is a name known to alldjshongo is a name known to all

Education store? Hmm, much discount?
djshongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 10:37   #28
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

about 20%
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 11:44   #29
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Aw must have gone up, used to be up to 15 depending on product! Good deal tbh!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 14:26   #30
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

I saved about £200 on a £1700 machine.

Although My Gf is at uni anyway if they had got shitty, I had a problem with my order which needed sorting they asked over the phone about uni, didnt ask for any enrollment info etc.. even though i had it to hand. They even admitted they dont check an awful lot.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:14   #31
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I saved about £200 on a £1700 machine.

Although My Gf is at uni anyway if they had got shitty, I had a problem with my order which needed sorting they asked over the phone about uni, didnt ask for any enrollment info etc.. even though i had it to hand. They even admitted they dont check an awful lot.
Shows you the scandalous margin on Apple products

Nice tip on edu store though <wanders off to google>

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 15:20   #32
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

balls no discount on ipad. I dont need one, i dont beleive its any better than my iphone BUT i want one :@ though im tempted to wait and see what our TouchPad will be like on WebOS

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:23   #33
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Shows you the scandalous margin on Apple products

Nice tip on edu store though <wanders off to google>
jarp.

I thought id give it a punt, whats the worst they do cancel the order. At least my other half is enrolled at uni, so I wasnt to stressed if they checked. But they didnt.

Apples mark ups are silly, they never have a sale either when you look at things. However I would buy another, I have managed to crash it once or twice but it transfers the huge volumes of data I do at a decent speed and programes I run seem alot more stable on this over my windows machine
Old 18th February 2011, 15:27   #34
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Hang fire for iPad2 Scott, should be here by summer. Never buy 1st gen apple tech unless you get it within a week of its release!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 16:54   #35
Scottp
Administrator

Yeah i expect Ipad2 to be announced very soon. Though the intro of AMDs mobile quad core chip has set toungues wagging of an Ipad3 in October as the AMD quad would be the only mobile chip that could support a "retina" display on the ipads size of display.

On another note I do like my macbook, i wont be replacing it with another Mac when it dies though. For what i use my leisure notebook for windows 7 is fine for me.

Old 18th February 2011, 16:58   #36
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Even if they had a chip to support it, im not sure having a retina display that size would be economically viable.(Maybe a customisation extra or something though?)
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 16:58   #37
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

ive got a MP here (albeit an older one) not mine and i must say im glad I didnt get one.

Imac is much more my thing.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:18   #38
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Even if they had a chip to support it, im not sure having a retina display that size would be economically viable.(Maybe a customisation extra or something though?)
Apples view: people will buy what apple tell them to buy.