Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 12th April 2017, 11:47   #1
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road
Default A bit mental

I've been kicking about in this Evo for the last month as I fell out of love with my hatch STI (currently for sale) and all I can say is the thing is absolutely bonkers. I thought the hatch was fast but this blows it clean out of the water.

It's a Norris spec'd Evo 8 fq300 running 562bhp which is silly quick, bike quick. Coming from bikes I always said there was no way it could keep up but I genuinely believe no biker is getting away from me, not on the roads anyway. A few have already fell victim to the Evo.

I don't think I'll be buying a motorbike any time soon.

wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 12:02   #2
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Youve definitely got some roads for it up there anyway. I went up there once in a 106 GTi and it was great fun
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 14:41   #3
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

It's gay, it's Norris spec the blokes there are fucking mental. They built one of my mates evo5 and that was running just shy of 800 bhp with a sequential box until he binned it at donnington.

Keep it as long as you can they only get better with age.
Old 12th April 2017, 16:00   #4
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

does the small fuel tank get really fecking annoying very quickly?
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 16:09   #5
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ I thought of the MPG, so the answer is probably yes.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 18:21   #6
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

come down here then i'll give you a go .

its nice tho i love these
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 19:36   #7
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
come down here then i'll give you a go .

its nice tho i love these
You'd have no chance, trust me.

These things are ridiculous round the corners and this one is shod with ohlins and stupid 365mm discs so it stops pretty fast.

Last fill up I was getting 18mpg but I'm not fussed, for me I'm treating this like a bike, proper weekend car and when the weather is good.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:00   #8
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

ah well it'd be fun tho haha.

weathers getting nice now. need to insure the bike.
Old 13th April 2017, 15:39   #9
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

Im sure theres a video of a couple of bikes and a fq400 racing and it was close think it was off a ghost rider video i think

Last edited by RobVT; 13th April 2017 at 15:46.
RobVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 07:20   #10
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVT View Post
Im sure theres a video of a couple of bikes and a fq400 racing and it was close think it was off a ghost rider video i think
There's the one that's on YouTube called stupid riding. That's a gsxr 1000 k3/4 and a fq320 iirc. Not sure if the Evo is standard or not but it's quick, they're crazy bastards. It's a decent video to watch with some good music.

Because of the less than capable ayc diff I've only launched it once and with using the vbox I managed a 0-60 time of 3.9s and 0-100 time of 9s which ain't too bad considering the manual changes and it wasn't the best launch.

Since then I've had a try at 30-130 with a rolling start, so less strain on the diff and on the stretch of road I was on (private of course) I came up literally a baw hair short.....129.8 mph so I'll need to try again. I think it'll be roughly 11.5-12s to do 30-130

30-120 : 10s

60-120 : 7.99s
Old 18th April 2017, 10:20   #11
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullvfr View Post
Last fill up I was getting 18mpg but I'm not fussed, for me I'm treating this like a bike, proper weekend car and when the weather is good.
Fuuuuuuuuu (I'm a 68mpg cruising kind of guy, 55 average)

It is what it is, end of the day it's a nice weekend toy indeed. Must be good fun keeping up with bikes.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2017, 23:04   #12
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
There's the one that's on YouTube called stupid riding. That's a gsxr 1000 k3/4 and a fq320 iirc. Not sure if the Evo is standard or not but it's quick, they're crazy bastards. It's a decent video to watch with some good music.

Because of the less than capable ayc diff I've only launched it once and with using the vbox I managed a 0-60 time of 3.9s and 0-100 time of 9s which ain't too bad considering the manual changes and it wasn't the best launch.

Since then I've had a try at 30-130 with a rolling start, so less strain on the diff and on the stretch of road I was on (private of course) I came up literally a baw hair short.....129.8 mph so I'll need to try again. I think it'll be roughly 11.5-12s to do 30-130

30-120 : 10s

60-120 : 7.99s
just watched that video i think. what a fuckin absolute maniac hahaha
Old 19th April 2017, 15:58   #13
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

Stu pid thats the one
Old 20th April 2017, 10:50   #14
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

Please sell me this Evo.
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 10:53   #15
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I was having a wee read of the Golf R owners forum the other day and seemingly guys with an APR stage 2 map ("stages", urgh), downpipe, intake and resonator removal ("delete", URGH) are doing 0-60s in the 3s. Not bad for 1k more than purchase price!
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:39   #16
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I was having a wee read of the Golf R owners forum the other day and seemingly guys with an APR stage 2 map ("stages", urgh), downpipe, intake and resonator removal ("delete", URGH) are doing 0-60s in the 3s. Not bad for 1k more than purchase price!
That's the magic of the dsg box, the ability to change gears ridiculously fast and they put the power down so well. Problem is they start to struggle above 100mph and their times for 30-130 etc aren't as impressive as their 0-60 and 0-100 times.

Plus......the cost of the golf r is mega and the depreciation is still a major factor which is pretty much the main reason I stayed away from them.

There is a fella on Scoobynet with a tuned rs3 that's doing 11.5 1/4 miles, 3.3s to 60 and 7.9s to 100 yet his 62-124mph time is 1sec or so slower than mine. Imagine if the Evo had the dsg box fitted.

Another thing about the golf r is they're boring as fuck, there's no drama, the sound is terrible.
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:39   #17
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_130 View Post
Please sell me this Evo.

Money talks
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:41   #18
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Fuuuuuuuuu (I'm a 68mpg cruising kind of guy, 55 average)

It is what it is, end of the day it's a nice weekend toy indeed. Must be good fun keeping up with bikes.

That's what the 207 is for......mind you it's 50mpg at best, but usually in and around 42-45mpg.
Old 22nd April 2017, 21:57   #19
Bedford126
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic ep3 type r powered by TDI NORTH
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Bedford126 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's the magic of the dsg box, the ability to change gears ridiculously fast and they put the power down so well. Problem is they start to struggle above 100mph and their times for 30-130 etc aren't as impressive as their 0-60 and 0-100 times.

Plus......the cost of the golf r is mega and the depreciation is still a major factor which is pretty much the main reason I stayed away from them.

There is a fella on Scoobynet with a tuned rs3 that's doing 11.5 1/4 miles, 3.3s to 60 and 7.9s to 100 yet his 62-124mph time is 1sec or so slower than mine. Imagine if the Evo had the dsg box fitted.

Another thing about the golf r is they're boring as fuck, there's no drama, the sound is terrible.
Do not agree with this at all, bloke I work with in Bradford his son has one, now a revo "stage 2" whatever that means, literally pisses all over his dads evo, and his m5 all for £245 with free insurance per month and a £5k lump sum to buy it after the lease term ends. There is literally no car out there at the min that you get so much for so little in the way of performance. The cars only struggle over 60mph if it's a bolt on map, live mapping works so much better for them especially if the mapper has experience in getting the most out of the dsg box.
Old 22nd April 2017, 22:13   #20
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford126 View Post
Do not agree with this at all, bloke I work with in Bradford his son has one, now a revo "stage 2" whatever that means, literally pisses all over his dads evo, and his m5 all for £245 with free insurance per month and a £5k lump sum to buy it after the lease term ends. There is literally no car out there at the min that you get so much for so little in the way of performance. The cars only struggle over 60mph if it's a bolt on map, live mapping works so much better for them especially if the mapper has experience in getting the most out of the dsg box.

Matter of opinion.

Stage 2 will have it at roughly 405bhp. Good for 3.3s and 7.9s to 100......maybe a tad slower. But the 30-130 and 62-124 times aren't as impressive.

My friend had a stage 1 golf r manual and another stage 2 dsg......funnily enough the mate with the stage 2 wholeheartedly agrees with what I stated above, no drama and a bit lifeless but ridiculously fast. But.....the numbers don't lie. Plus I put above 100, not 60.

I might go down that route in the future but for the time being I'll just enjoy the Evo.

Last edited by wullvfr; 22nd April 2017 at 22:16.