Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 25th April 2007, 09:42   #221
time_to_ride
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.0i frist 2000
time_to_ride has a spectacular aura abouttime_to_ride has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
are you planning on doing the whol dials??
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but...

Im planning on havin a bash at the dials and the clock and the petrol gauge, just not the other lights (headlights, indicators etc.)
Old 25th April 2007, 10:05   #222
davew
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): PoP! bAnG! pOp! BaNg!
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
haynes should tell you how to get to them mate, once out its just the clips holding the circuit board in that are a bit fiddly, im no good with a soldering iron you just need a steady hand tbh, stroke the iron over the solder while puling on the led with tweezers

heres mine

stop spending money on led's and buy some petrol u tightarse

lol nah look good dude
Old 25th April 2007, 10:15   #223
time_to_ride
Regular Poster

time_to_ride has a spectacular aura abouttime_to_ride has a spectacular aura about

i thought that, but then he might have syphened it out to get the light on...
Old 25th April 2007, 19:03   #224
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

they come in packs of 10 i think you need 16 for the actual dials and 30 should do the whole of the dials

fuel light is always on less fuel the lighter my car is

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 19:08   #225
time_to_ride
Regular Poster

So ill order 20, come payday

Quote:
fuel light is always on less fuel the lighter my car is
Your kiddin rite haha
Old 25th April 2007, 19:10   #226
Bogus
Infrequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1i
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Bogus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondie View Post
Woodsy could you pm me a guide for taking out the clock from a mark 1 Cheers

Bondie
same for me plz m8
Bogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 20:40   #227
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

mk1 clocks are basically the same when taking them out, just they have bulbs intead of leds and you will need some lockwood or plasma dials to change the colour of them, as the mk1 dials have a green filter on the back, the bulbs are white but shine whatever the filter is

time_to_ride - yeah am kidding lol, i would do it if i was a rally slag, but with an install i aint exactly gonna be that , iwas just a bit skint

Old 26th April 2007, 14:19   #228
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 GTi
fuzzy_orange is on a distinguished road

Just done this today and f*ck me if when I popped the lcd bit off it didnt just fall off taking the connecting ribon with it!!

Guess im screwed then??
fuzzy_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 14:21   #229
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_orange View Post
Just done this today and f*ck me if when I popped the lcd bit off it didnt just fall off taking the connecting ribon with it!!

Guess im screwed then??
not completely. If there is any green covering left from around where the contact was, sand it down lightly until you can see the metal and then solder it to that. It will be fiddly though.

In future, make sure you melt the solder first before you pull it off
Old 26th April 2007, 14:33   #230
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

so when you took the lcd bit off the ribbon came off with it???

Old 26th April 2007, 23:18   #231
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

Yes but never mind that - if you sit it back in the right place the LCD holds it down and makes a good connection

More important problems im really hoping someone can help

Since doing the LEDs (and I have VTR dials) the fuel gauge is f*cked

When you fire it up it says half a tank, then slowly over 15miles it drops down to nothing. Then it bounces from zero to full a few times - then sits at nothing with the fuel light on

If you turn it off and leave it off for a while then start it back up - back to half and does the same thing

Theres another lad on 106 rallye register who's doing the exact same thing

Any ideas ?????
Old 26th April 2007, 23:26   #232
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Yes but never mind that - if you sit it back in the right place the LCD holds it down and makes a good connection

More important problems im really hoping someone can help

Since doing the LEDs (and I have VTR dials) the fuel gauge is f*cked

When you fire it up it says half a tank, then slowly over 15miles it drops down to nothing. Then it bounces from zero to full a few times - then sits at nothing with the fuel light on

If you turn it off and leave it off for a while then start it back up - back to half and does the same thing

Theres another lad on 106 rallye register who's doing the exact same thing

Any ideas ?????
you could have damaged the internals of the needle motor when pulling it off

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 23:29   #233
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

Do you know at all mate if you can buy the motors on there own?

Ive got some old quiksilver dials that had the fuel gauge at the top
I've looked carefully and they use the same track/wire on the PCB so I think they must be the same motor just angled differently

Gonna try putting that into the saxo dials tomorrow and see if it works any better

I did have to pull fairly hard to get the needle off
Old 26th April 2007, 23:31   #234
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Do you know at all mate if you can buy the motors on there own?

Ive got some old quiksilver dials that had the fuel gauge at the top
I've looked carefully and they use the same track/wire on the PCB so I think they must be the same motor just angled differently

Gonna try putting that into the saxo dials tomorrow and see if it works any better

I did have to pull fairly hard to get the needle off
you cant buy it on its own unfortunatly u have to buy the whole dial unit which is over £400 from citroen/pug. on my one the motor units where identicle looking so there prob the same jsut got to different levels depending on the signal etc....

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
Old 26th April 2007, 23:33   #235
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

I hope so cos I've got about 3 spare ones on my old quiksilver dials

I'll try mixing and matching tomorrow - if not cit-ren sell the vtr dial pods for £35

£400 is mental!!

Thanks for your time/advice mate - appreciate it

Edit: While I remember - the water temp gauge and other gauges move silently, but the fuel one clicks as it goes up

Is that normal?
Old 26th April 2007, 23:47   #236
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
I hope so cos I've got about 3 spare ones on my old quiksilver dials

I'll try mixing and matching tomorrow - if not cit-ren sell the vtr dial pods for £35

£400 is mental!!

Thanks for your time/advice mate - appreciate it

Edit: While I remember - the water temp gauge and other gauges move silently, but the fuel one clicks as it goes up

Is that normal?

no thats not normal, take the front of the dial off and turn the needle with your hand and see how it feels, the take the needle off and re put it back on and see if it changes

Old 27th April 2007, 15:21   #237
fuzzy_orange
Regular Poster

I can confirm the dials are now completely f*cked

I swapped the motor for another - clicking noise went away but still went up and down and wouldnt give me a reading

Unsoldered ALL the blue led's - still knackered

So I soldered all the blue led's onto my old quiksilver dials and put those back in the car and its working fine

Im not sure i'd recommend doing this conversion on vtr's - they dont seem to like it
Old 29th April 2007, 17:52   #238
baronvontinkle
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTR
baronvontinkle can only hope to improve

Hey just wondering if anybody has any of the plcc-2 led's left over they can sell me? I will need enough to do the whole dash. Think its about 25ish. If somebody has a pm would be great

Thanks
baronvontinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2007, 17:59   #239
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

richo on here sells them for £5 delivered, pm him

Old 29th April 2007, 20:30   #240
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can confirm the dials are now completely f*cked

I swapped the motor for another - clicking noise went away but still went up and down and wouldnt give me a reading

Unsoldered ALL the blue led's - still knackered

So I soldered all the blue led's onto my old quiksilver dials and put those back in the car and its working fine

Im not sure i'd recommend doing this conversion on vtr's - they dont seem to like it
so you did them on a saxo dial and put them in a 106??

they worked perfectly fine on my VTR dials