Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 27th March 2007, 23:15   #121
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

needles do light up mystic im having a go with mine tomorrow, so may turn out purple a dunno

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 23:23   #122
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Scott, how much was the soldering iron?
I think it was £19.99, plug operated with a needle end and I got a little stand for it as well Was well chuffed hehe
Old 28th March 2007, 09:10   #123
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Waow, both questions in the 2 following replies. Now thats good service!

Might have to part with some notes for my own soldering iron, cant wait to see the needles pred

My dads got 2 citreon dispatches amongst his fleet, i think they have orange needles

What ever happened to the lad who could make the rev needle change colour as it progressed round the dial? I'll try find the link!

EDIT: Link - Rev Needle changes colour

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game

Last edited by Mystic; 28th March 2007 at 09:12.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 10:13   #124
richo
Frequent Poster
East Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
richo is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to behold

Got my led's this morning, could not beleive how small they were.

Will be giving this a shot soon, gota pop out to get some solder firstly though.

Got a electronics soldering iron, so its got a really thin pencil-like tip.

Hope all goes to plan, taking the laptop with me incase i need to refer back to the tutorial.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 10:18   #125
Richmt11
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6 VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Richmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of light

In town today so might nip into maplins and get some LED's looks awesome!
Old 28th March 2007, 11:48   #126
richo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
richo is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to beholdricho is a splendid one to behold

So to remove the dash do you have to take the steering wheel off?

Just it seems that way, cause there are for screws you need to access. 2 At the top and 2 at the bottom?

Anyone
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 13:24   #127
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Astra Turbo, saxo vts, punto turbo
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
So to remove the dash do you have to take the steering wheel off?

Just it seems that way, cause there are for screws you need to access. 2 At the top and 2 at the bottom?

Anyone
ok here is how u get the dials out:

disconect one of the battery terminals from under the bonnet,

next go into the car and at the rear of the center console on the floor the airbag control unit is hidden behind a bit of carpet, pull the bit of carpet back and disconnect the big orrange plug

undo the 2 torx screw holding the air bag on

remove the steering wheel bolt and steering wheel

remove the airbag spiral contact unit and then the indicators stalk unit behind it

now u can get to all 4 screws of the plastic surrand thing

finally undo the 3 remaining bolts behind this holding the dials in adn disconect the two wires at the back

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
stevenet15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 13:27   #128
danboy
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): mazda 3 mps
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
danboy is infamous around these parts

looks absolutly mint... with the kit you's have bin talking about of ebay.. does it create the same effect also ?
danboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 17:09   #129
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

got mine done today will get pics up later

couldnt get to the needles bulbs, got them off but could i hell get into them, so i did the battery, oil, fuel, headlights, engine management, indicators, handbrake and the digital display, overall its really easy to do worst part is holding them in place, you really need a steady hand

cheers steve ill rep you when i can

Old 28th March 2007, 17:42   #130
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Pics Pics Pics!!

Your existsance is useless without pics!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 18:46   #131
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

uhere we go, only ones that arent on is the indicators, i might actually buy a load more and do the whole thing lol

Last edited by Predator_R32; 28th March 2007 at 19:27.
Old 28th March 2007, 20:24   #132
kingmerf
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mk2 clio 172
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
kingmerf is a jewel in the roughkingmerf is a jewel in the roughkingmerf is a jewel in the rough

i went into maplins today and they said i have to go to citroen? i just wanted to know what to ask for when i go in
thanks
Old 28th March 2007, 20:37   #133
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

think theres some more on ebay mate 2 mins

here we go mate

5 packs of 10 left be quick, there is other colours just make sure they look like the leds in this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SMD-SMT-PLC...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Predator_R32; 28th March 2007 at 20:39.
Old 28th March 2007, 20:47   #134
kingmerf
Frequent Poster

kingmerf is a jewel in the roughkingmerf is a jewel in the roughkingmerf is a jewel in the rough

cheers mate will i need to buy more than 10?
Old 28th March 2007, 20:51   #135
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah mate i think its 16 you need, unless your wanting to do the whole thing and that would mean about 30

Old 28th March 2007, 20:54   #136
kingmerf
Frequent Poster

what do i ask for from maplins then? lol
Old 28th March 2007, 21:00   #137
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!stevenet15 is absolutely fabulous!

looks good pred makes ur dials look so much better with the blue display and the blue warning lights, good work mate

NEED A MECHANIC? look no further, i'm a Qualified Car mechanic offering cheap car servicing, Lowering, and Performance parts fitting all at CHEAP PRICES!!! PM me
Old 28th March 2007, 21:02   #138
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmerf View Post
not all Maplins stores sell them. If yours doesn't then you can buy from ebay. Citroen don't sell the blue ones, they will only sell standard.
Old 28th March 2007, 21:02   #139
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

just get them mate there cheap enough and he delivers really fast

but if you ask at maplins ask for SMD SMT PLCC-2 LEDs

cheers for the before and after there steve, think the 1st pic was with the green glow on, i was thinking of taking the plasma ones out but then i thought nah its different

Old 28th March 2007, 21:02   #140
stevenet15
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmerf View Post
SMD PLCC-2 LEDs but people are having trouble getting them in some maplins so better to get them off egay