Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 12th June 2013, 01:09   #161
PhilloVTR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
PhilloVTR is on a distinguished road

after being a mad xbox fan, then buying a ps3 and learning how to be somewhat neutral I can now say that Sony have left Microsoft standing this year.

Yeah Sony have been a little bitchy in how they have targeted microsofts announcements in press conferences and posters and such... but to be honest at the moment they appear to be appealing more for the gamer.
Microsoft really have made some absolute terrible decisions with the xbox one.
I'm not interested in kinnect, never have and never will. It's pointless.
I do buy most of my games brand new but trading them in or selling on ebay is a good way to afford other games. It's like what Sony said, when a customer buys a game he buys the rights to that game and disk.

Paying for online is a bit crap for Sony... but oh well I'll only be paying for ps4 internet next year, sack xbox off!
PhilloVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 01:50   #162
Kebabman
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS mk1 stage rally car
Kebabman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilloVTR View Post
I do buy most of my games brand new but trading them in or selling on ebay is a good way to afford other games. It's like what Sony said, when a customer buys a game he buys the rights to that game and disk.
So the fact that game dev companies, EA etc etc etc can impose their own DRM on the games, effectively stopping you selling them on, or whatever they want, doesn't break this paradigm you are talking about?

Sony have said that any games can have whatever DRM imposed on them that the dev companies want. The only games that won't have it are the ones developed by Sony themselves. It won't be any different to the xbox in terms of DRM by the sounds of it. Sony are just managing to spin it better at the moment.
Old 12th June 2013, 02:02   #163
Chris_O
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RB25'd s14a + 2008 MWB Transit
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Chris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura about

Old 12th June 2013, 08:35   #164
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

haha at the above!

Yeah, i bought the PS3 on release and enjoyed it, but, all of my friends had xbox. So i had a few friends and the online was nothing short of annoying most of the time.

Then it died and i bought an xbox, have to say i liked it a lot better. Stable internet, good games, good layout etc, and all my friends had one.

Im really not sure which to go for.

ATM its xbox due to the games lineup at launch, but if PS4 manage to bring more out at the start then it may sway me.

The added money for PS4 online can only be a bonus in my eyes, the free service was shocking. I dont mind paying the extra so that i can play online without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 11:16   #165
D1zzyman
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

D1zzyman is on a distinguished road

this looks awesome,although the QTE's are annoying as fck.

Old 12th June 2013, 12:23   #166
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

That does look pretty decent like! Kinda Assassins Creed sort of game, but as the Romans!

Probably be one I'll buy, providing i get an xbox obviously

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 13:37   #167
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I think its one of my biggest gripes, that I can buy something yet be unable to do with it what I wish once Im finished with it.

Someone made the point of psn being hacked and kod for a month. Imagine that happened and you coulsnt play your xbox for a month lol
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 14:05   #168
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jzmVcasl3ZU
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 16:55   #169
PhilloVTR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
PhilloVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabman View Post
So the fact that game dev companies, EA etc etc etc can impose their own DRM on the games, effectively stopping you selling them on, or whatever they want, doesn't break this paradigm you are talking about?

Sony have said that any games can have whatever DRM imposed on them that the dev companies want. The only games that won't have it are the ones developed by Sony themselves. It won't be any different to the xbox in terms of DRM by the sounds of it. Sony are just managing to spin it better at the moment.
True, but the fact that it's not cemented like the Xbox Ones counts for something at least.

Although EA have been doing this annoying practise and been getting away with it for a few years now.
PhilloVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:18   #170
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:28   #171
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
But Playstation have said that developers can, and probably will, put codes in, like EA have been doing for years.. So buy a second hand game, still have to buy an online code..

In other news, i have weighed up each one, on all the info available now, and i will probably stick with Xbox, more familiar system, already got xbox gold account, and not having to pay for playstation online was what would sway me, but you have to now... Which i can see teething issues with, as they will have more money for better servers, so i can see it taking some battering to get all changes and whatnot

Old 13th June 2013, 12:30   #172
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Better save that extra cash then smiith.

You're paying more, for nothing really but ok.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:32   #173
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

This is exactly what i was thinking mate.

I've had my xbox a few years now and am far too used to it.

Teething problems i can see, just depends if they get their arse into gear quick enough...

But, the biggest point for me is to see what all of my mates go for. Dont want to go online with no mates... lol

Quote:
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Old 13th June 2013, 13:11   #174
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Better save that extra cash then smiith.

You're paying more, for nothing really but ok.
Paying more, for tried and proven online servers, which are never down, you get sky anytime on xbox, plus better games on launch.. Its a shame i won't be able to trade games in when i want something new and have games collecting dust, but I'm sure i will get over having a stack of games.. Saying that.. I buy maybe 2 games a year now.. Fifa, battlefield, and occasionally COD

Plus £80 is 6 hours work lol

Old 13th June 2013, 13:27   #175
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Better games at launch?

You're paying more though for nothing i can see worthy of it.
Old 13th June 2013, 13:57   #176
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Yes, the games that are coming out with the Xbox, are better than the ones on playstation..

Paying more for a better service in my eyes.. Playstation online was hacked before and down for other a month iirc, never once turned my xbox on and had an issue.. You get the kinect sensor, probably won't get many kinect games, but the options there for a laugh when my mates are round..

Plus its a familiar system.. There are better phones than iPhones for less, but i will still get an iPhone for familiarity

Old 13th June 2013, 14:00   #177
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

xbox have been hacked too.. ay it.

Paying for better service? the service will be like, when you dont want to renew your xbl? you change to "dont renew" but they take your money and renew anyway? and its a complete chew on to stop it.

Not good service at all

Last edited by Prickle; 13th June 2013 at 14:02.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:04   #178
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Sony is now charging as well though.. i dont see the argument.

Microsoft have had a paid subscription for years and it is reliable.

Sony just wasnt good enough, so no wonder people are weary

Quote:
Old 13th June 2013, 14:05   #179
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmanscoop View Post

to be fair though, microsoft have dedicated servers.

Sony were using 3rd party servers. So they were all inconsistent.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:08   #180
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmanscoop View Post

You need to read again then.

Im on about the extra cost of the xbox for zero gain.

Im not bothered about paying for either.. but after the chew on i had with xbox.. i wont even go there with it with online again. dick 'eds

All they care about is taking money. Price difference between the one and ps4 says it all