Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 25th May 2019, 20:04   #61
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

RichSaxoVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
I need to paint some bits of my car because of rust.
I've been doing touch ups on mine as well.
RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 20:10   #62
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road

Tightening gear linkage <br><br>Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 18:46   #63
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

I've had new shocks fitted all round and a new n/s anti roll bar link fitted today... It's better and tighter. However seems to vibrate a bit more. Is that normal and because everything is obviously tighter---does it have to bed in?
Old 11th June 2019, 21:53   #64
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
aldred309uk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSaxoVTR View Post
I've had new shocks fitted all round and a new n/s anti roll bar link fitted today... It's better and tighter. However seems to vibrate a bit more. Is that normal and because everything is obviously tighter---does it have to bed in?
In what way does it vibrate? Mine felt a bit more in touch with the road surface when I did my front end
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 18:37   #65
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
In what way does it vibrate? Mine felt a bit more in touch with the road surface when I did my front end
Recorded a quick video m8---see below. Notice as I get close to steering wheel you hear the vibrate more? Exhaust sounds more muffled inside the car now as well.... Very confusing lol...

Old 13th June 2019, 10:39   #66
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Recorded a quick video m8---see below. Notice as I get close to steering wheel you hear the vibrate more? Exhaust sounds more muffled inside the car now as well.... Very confusing lol...

Maybe ask at the garage that just rebuilt it?

You can use a hose pipe off cut like a stethoscope, one end to your ear and just point the other end at different bits in the engine bay and you will know when you find the offending item.
Old 13th June 2019, 21:05   #67
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Maybe ask at the garage that just rebuilt it?

You can use a hose pipe off cut like a stethoscope, one end to your ear and just point the other end at different bits in the engine bay and you will know when you find the offending item.
It's going back in Monday for checks with them. Sound like exhaust is vibrating whole car now... I will find out... lol
Old 14th June 2019, 19:37   #68
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Quote:
It's going back in Monday for checks with them. Sound like exhaust is vibrating whole car now... I will find out... lol
I had a very annoying noise caused by the exhaust a few years ago. The bracket which supports the bottom of the down pipe, from the gearbox (support, that is) had broken at the weld and that was vibrating. I found that by getting the car on ramps and just hitting things in the area with a rubber mallet and managed to locate the cause which would have otherwise been hard to find as it looked fine.
Old 17th June 2019, 16:51   #69
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
I had a very annoying noise caused by the exhaust a few years ago. The bracket which supports the bottom of the down pipe, from the gearbox (support, that is) had broken at the weld and that was vibrating. I found that by getting the car on ramps and just hitting things in the area with a rubber mallet and managed to locate the cause which would have otherwise been hard to find as it looked fine.

Had it at the garage today. Looks like engine mounts, as both have split and the engine does move. As it now has new shocks all round the vibration before could of been sent to the leaking shocks banging/old n/s link arm.

Anyway i am going to book it in with them to do top and bottom engine mounts both polybushed, while also getting them to fit a racing 4-2-1 manifold while it's there. Bloody cars!
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:08   #70
nuttysaxo
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
nuttysaxo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I need to paint some bits of my car because of rust.
That's what I was looking for clean under ECU which was nice but painted strut tops all the way to inner front chassis top , rear bit is manky but head is off now , so I can get too it too clean it up , its a shit magnet all kinds of debris stuck there between that and bulkhead .
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 19:18   #71
02FiveO
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio VTS 1.4 2002
02FiveO is on a distinguished road
Default A maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeka View Post
Drove it how a saxo should be driven, like a ****. In all seriousness, popped to work. Neighbour reversed into my door and I'm heading to Cambridge on Sunday to pick up a new one, first ever road trip I've done with it, will be pretty fun. After that just gunna try and clean her up, make her shine. Need to change this door too.

I intend to get a new timing belt and water pump but the hardest job I've done is my droplinks. I'm tired of spending so much money at the garage and I really wanna get into cars, but this is my daily.

For my Furio, I was quoted £100 for timing belt/new water pump fitted by my local garage I use. That was a year ago. Still thinking about it ha ha! But
Don't know if you have a VTR, VTS or Furio and if theres any difference for timing belts?
Nice looking car, better than mine.
Did a £260 Buy it Now on eBay without viewing and got lucky with mine.
Just normal service costs, new back brakes and rear box.
The roof peeled last year, quicky spray and lacquer to seal things. Bonnet now peeling!
Still a fun car to drive to work in!
02FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2019, 19:35   #72
02FiveO
L-plater

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio VTS 1.4 2002
02FiveO is on a distinguished road

Have a Furio with 185 alloys Usual trip to work. Usual idiots up my ar**e until winding corners section where I lose them! Onto A303, squirt past the 40 tonners going same way on inside lane of roundabout....love it! 80mph in crawler lane to pass last few slow ones. then 60 to conserve fuel.
Just love how you can drive out of corners in these.
Had some old Jap modded MPV giving it some up behind me. Absolutely blew him away coming off same roundabout going home.
This car has made a 52yr old into a boy racer!
02FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 02FiveO For This Useful Post:
Old 14th July 2019, 19:48   #73
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Haven't posted in a while! Took my Saxo off the road for a bit as it was too loud for my daily commute to work, etc lol.... Been car shopping as well... Anyway, last thing I did to my Saxo was add rally mudflaps, to which the company contacted me to ask if they could use this picture to promote Saxo mudflaps on their site and I said yes.

Old 14th July 2019, 21:02   #74
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Haven't posted in a while! Took my Saxo off the road for a bit as it was too loud for my daily commute to work, etc lol.... Been car shopping as well... Anyway, last thing I did to my Saxo was add rally mudflaps, to which the company contacted me to ask if they could use this picture to promote Saxo mudflaps on their site and I said yes.

You need to go to a nice scenic spot for a really good picture for the mud flaps lol. You're not going to get rid of the saxo are you?
Old 15th July 2019, 19:47   #75
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
You need to go to a nice scenic spot for a really good picture for the mud flaps lol. You're not going to get rid of the saxo are you?
I know right! I took that in London when visiting family. I will take a scenic pic with them. No not getting rid of it, love my saxo! Want to use it for track days and weekends.
Old 16th July 2019, 15:47   #76
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I know right! I took that in London when visiting family. I will take a scenic pic with them. No not getting rid of it, love my saxo! Want to use it for track days and weekends.
My profile picture or whatever you call it was taken in london of my first saxo, taken on the road between horse guards parade and St James' park. And the bit at the back is the London Eye.
Old 16th July 2019, 18:40   #77
RichSaxoVTR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
My profile picture or whatever you call it was taken in london of my first saxo, taken on the road between horse guards parade and St James' park. And the bit at the back is the London Eye.
Oh yeah just noticed that, and now you mention it, I looked closer. Cool shot! Got anymore "light" pics of it lol?
Old 16th July 2019, 20:20   #78
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

I can't remember to be honest. I just went around london centre for the evening and used the saxo for moving around. It was just framed perfectly for that picture making the eye look like a rainbow coming out of MOD main building lol. Just got another from when I drove off road up a hill near preston on Winter Hill, it's the TV mast near Preston if you've ever driven past. Stopped having the free time in the evenings but hopefully get back into it again soon. More of a winter activity because I go to bed too early because I'm getting old at 32 lol
Old 17th July 2019, 13:26   #79
baileycc97

baileycc97 is on a distinguished road

So I bought a set of 106 GTI wheels for my 1.1 saxo , only fitted one wheel for just now until I get everything fixed on it <br><br>Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk<br><br>
baileycc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2019, 19:02   #80
mtee

Car(s): Saxo 1.4i SX automatic 2000
mtee is on a distinguished road

Equipped my 1.4i with eFlexFuel ethanol conversion kit. It was a little bit difficult to access the injector jets, for the rest the installation was straightforward and easy. No noticeable change in driving. The E85 fuel is clearly less expensive.
mtee is offline   Reply With Quote