Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd October 2009, 00:17   #1
DC09FURIO
L-plater
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): First car: Peugeot 106 1.1 Now: 2000 Citroen S
DC09FURIO is on a distinguished road
Default (probably very easy) air filter question

been inspecting my engine bay today seeing what i can do with it and was just wondering about air filter placement.
Its currently at the back connected directly to where the airbox would usually connect, with an air feed running up to it, continued from the stock air intake pipe. I was just wondering if that is an ok place to have it, or would it be more ideal to run a pipe from the box at the back a bit more forward, closer to where the origional air intake pipe is.

I hope that makes sense, hard to explain with no pictures and limited knowlege.
DC09FURIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:28   #2
Ben
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ecoboost
iTrader Score: 22 (100%)
Ben is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team memberBen is a well respected team member

To be truthful, people bang on about heatsoak blahh blahh but on a 1.1 106 its not gonna do anything tbh. All the filter is doing atm is just making more noise than standard which makes you think its quicker

So yeah its fine where it is
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:10   #3
DC09FURIO
L-plater
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): First car: Peugeot 106 1.1 Now: 2000 Citroen S
DC09FURIO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
on a 1.1 106 its not gonna do anything tbh. A
its not a 1.1 106 though lol. i understand your theory though, im not goin to be making huge power increases until i get into the real money.

still tho, stick where it is and just make sure it has a decent feed of air?
DC09FURIO is offline   Reply With Quote