Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 24th June 2012, 14:37   #1
leeham987
Established Member

Car(s): 2001 Citroen saxo furio.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
leeham987 is on a distinguished road
Default Phone internet, question

i know very little about phones, so need some help.

looking at buying a samsung galaxy ace and putting my o2 sim card in it, which i get free internet and texts.

my question is:

would i still be able to use the internet on my galaxy ace using my o2 sim for free?

whats confusing me is this 3g thing, whats that?

http://www.youtube.com/user/leeham987?feature=mhee
leeham987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 15:44   #2
0110craig
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Ep3 Type R
0110craig is on a distinguished road

You can put your sim card in any Internet enabled phone as long as it is unlocked and use your data allowance from 02 (apart from blackberrys)
3G is a network. The older more stable network is the 2g network also known as GSM.
3G is a more advanced version but not as reliable. Sometimes reffered to as UMTS
You will find your phone will auto switch between 2g/3G as you go from area to area dependent on how strong the network is in that area, phones favour 3G as it is faster and will always try an connect to 3G were it is available, if it can't pick up 3G it will auto change to 2g which as said is better for calls and texts but a lot slower on the Internet.
When your at home connect to Wifi if you have broadband and save your 02 data allowance for when you are out and about.
0110craig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 0110craig For This Useful Post:
Old 25th June 2012, 06:16   #3
leeham987
Established Member

Car(s): 2001 Citroen saxo furio.
leeham987 is on a distinguished road

thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/user/leeham987?feature=mhee
leeham987 is offline   Reply With Quote