Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 10th April 2011, 09:55   #41
dannyhall
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin_t View Post
Looks good mate, was tempted by one of these as I love the sound. Heard they wernt a 2.5 bore though so it put me off one.

Gruppe-m for sure sound so much better with one on
Yeah the sound is weird, really quiet until you downshift and blip the throttle or when you come into VTEC. And even then its not that noisy!

I read they're a 2.38, should have measured it when it came thinking about it. Doubt it makes a massive difference though in the real world..?

Either a Tegiwa or the original AEM, just wouldnt use it in real wet conditions and get a hydroshield...!
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 16:21   #42
thadogg
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Impreza Sti PPP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

Looks stunning mate

Sorry I never got back to you on the Toda. It was a good exhaust but like you say they do vibrate which IMO isn't very good for an exhaust that costs soo much money. (Dolphin tailpipe looks good though, lol)

The Fuji looks awesome though matey! if I had another EP3 it would definetely be rocking RM-01A.

Also I had one of the first Tegiwa Gruppe M reps and I would really recommend one, probs the best Mod I did to mine the sound is amazing!
thadogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 10:15   #43
dannyhall
Established Member

dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

^ Cheers mate Ah no worries Dan, kinda gave up waiting and heard too many horror stories so went for the RM01A instead lol. The tailpipe does look good but then a £950 exhaust shouldnt rattle!

Are they easy to fit?

Viewing these tomorrow, Rota Torques in Bronze wrapped in Toyo R888's;

Reckon they'll suit the civic?
Dan
Old 13th April 2011, 10:48   #44
Berg
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MK2 VTS, Ibiza Cupra 20VT
Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!Berg is as cool as a cucumber!

Looks awesome mate

Was looking at parts for these a while ago

Couldnt believe how expensive they are lol

Know one guy who bought a Toda exhaust and Manifold and a Gruppe M and had pretty much no change left from 3k lol

They do sound awesome though!
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 15:45   #45
thadogg
Established Member

thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

The Tegiwa wasn't too bad to fit. As mine was one of the first batch it came without fitting instructions and a rubber spacer that was needed, I printed off the Genuine Gruppe M instructions when I fitted mine and it was pretty striaght forward tbh. The spacer that was missing was only a small piece which didn't really matter.

The newer kits come with instructions iirc so they would be a doddle to fit.

If I did another it would probably take half the time. The drive out to test it made up for a few teething problems, and the first time it hits Vtec makes you grin like a fookin idiot, lol.

Them Rotas look awesome and are the same wheel as I was looking to get if I kept mine

Last edited by thadogg; 14th April 2011 at 15:53.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:22   #46
dunno
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Cars Are For Gays.
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
dunno is on a distinguished road

thats so fresh mate its unreal
VTS = Venial Testicular Scrotum
dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 19:39   #47
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Looks awesome mate

Was looking at parts for these a while ago

Couldnt believe how expensive they are lol

Know one guy who bought a Toda exhaust and Manifold and a Gruppe M and had pretty much no change left from 3k lol

They do sound awesome though!
Cheers fella! Yeah they are silly money, and genuine JDM stuff is only getting higher due to the shocking Yen exchange rates..

Toda & Gruppe M's are some of the most expensive parts you can buy, spending £3k on a exhaust & induction is crazy though!

If only parts were as cheap as Saxo bits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadogg View Post
The Tegiwa wasn't too bad to fit. As mine was one of the first batch it came without fitting instructions and a rubber spacer that was needed, I printed off the Genuine Gruppe M instructions when I fitted mine and it was pretty striaght forward tbh. The spacer that was missing was only a small piece which didn't really matter.

The newer kits come with instructions iirc so they would be a doddle to fit.

If I did another it would probably take half the time. The drive out to test it made up for a few teething problems, and the first time it hits Vtec makes you grin like a fookin idiot, lol.

Them Rotas look awesome and are the same wheel as I was looking to get if I kept mine
Ah cool, have you got a link to the Gruppe M fitting intructions? Can't imagine it would be that hard to fit its just modifying the scuttle panel for the intake thingy... or is that not too bad?

Haha I can imagine, the VTEC crossever sounds abit plain in standard trim, should sound rather mental with a Tegiwa...

Yeah I agree, and theres plenty of tread on the tyres too. Was either a set of these or a polished set of Slips, but brand new wheels is pointless as you lose shed loads of coin!

Deposit left on them anyway, and will probs have some Buddyclub wheel nuts to go with them...

Julian has offered to sit in with me if I wanna go round Oulton in the summer too, so will be looking for some track time in the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno View Post
thats so fresh mate its unreal
Cheers mate
Old 14th April 2011, 22:05   #48
Peter_D
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): DC5 Teg
Peter_D is on a distinguished road

Not a huge fan of the wheels...over-rated!

OEM wheels done in black or anthracite would be nicer

You on Type-R Owners?
Peter_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2011, 11:43   #49
thadogg
Established Member

Heres the fitting instructions I used matey - CLICKY

The new wheels will look awesome the bronze will suit it a treat

When I fitted my tegiwa I bought a brand new scuttle panel from honda incase I fooked up. I never used it and still have it sat in my bedroom, lol.
I keep meaning to put it on ebay but keep forgetting, yours for £30 though if you want it. Think I paid something like £65.00 for it from Honda

Also still got genuine Mugen Oil and Rad Caps and if I can find them 2 Genuine Mugen Socks. I keep saying I'm gonna put them on ebay but just don't seem to get round to it.
Old 16th April 2011, 11:14   #50
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_D View Post
Not a huge fan of the wheels...over-rated!

OEM wheels done in black or anthracite would be nicer

You on Type-R Owners?
Yeah know what you're saying about the wheels, but fancied some light weight wheels that I could use as a spare set. And for the price we've agreed cant go wrong!

I cant justify having the wheels re-powdercoated as they were all refurbed by the dealers when I bought her. And everyone goes for black/anthracite or white, so was keeping a look out for either a set of bronze wheels or was gonna buy some Rota Slips but polished.

For the price of a new set of wheels getting a set of good condition wheels but with nearly new R888's, and Julian only lives 5 miles from me!

I am mate yeah, more of a lurker than a poster TBH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadogg View Post
Heres the fitting instructions I used matey - CLICKY

The new wheels will look awesome the bronze will suit it a treat

When I fitted my tegiwa I bought a brand new scuttle panel from honda incase I fooked up. I never used it and still have it sat in my bedroom, lol.
I keep meaning to put it on ebay but keep forgetting, yours for £30 though if you want it. Think I paid something like £65.00 for it from Honda

Also still got genuine Mugen Oil and Rad Caps and if I can find them 2 Genuine Mugen Socks. I keep saying I'm gonna put them on ebay but just don't seem to get round to it.
Ah spot on fella cheers!

LOL i'll have that scuttle off you aslong as you remember! And the other bits for the right price... PM me your address and we'll arrange collection?
Old 16th April 2011, 11:18   #51
Rob-6
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 306 gti6
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Rob-6 is on a distinguished road

Those wheels would look mint! Bronze goes well with the red.
Rob-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob-6 For This Useful Post:
Old 28th April 2011, 18:05   #52
dannyhall
Established Member

Collected wheels the other day. Make a huge difference to the car, handling is crazy with the dry roads we've been having. Pictures dont do them justice!

Rota Torques 7.5 x 17 ET45 in Bronze
Toyo R888's 215/45/17
Buddyclub Race Nuts

Before:

After:

Car hasnt been cleaned in 2 weeks and do need a decent camera, will get better pictures soon.

Should also be having a few Mugen goodies over the weekend if all goes to plan. Then a Tegiwa & baffled sump end of May

Comments?
Old 5th May 2011, 23:04   #53
dannyhall
Established Member

Teaser pic...

Old 7th May 2011, 10:33   #54
Lewis1600
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Sport TDI / MK1 VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Lewis1600 is on a distinguished road

I am loving this civic!!! Makes me want one soooo bad!!!
Lewis1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 22:40   #55
dannyhall
Established Member

^ Haha cheers fella

Fitted pictures of Tegiwa M, Mugen socks/rad cap & oil cap. Also got a crappy drive by vid with the Tegiwa fitted.

Lads @ Tegiwa said it would only take an hour to fit, took me 2 hours just mod the scuttle! Was a massive ball ache but well worth it when hitting VTEC for the first time..

Quick vid;

Plans now are to keep it clean, and a drop in baffled sump and JDM rear ARB. Wanna save up a few £K now before its first track outing sometime in July/August...

Any comments?
Old 9th May 2011, 23:07   #56
Eskimo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS + Miata
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
Eskimo has a spectacular aura aboutEskimo has a spectacular aura about

Looks immense! Wheels look so much better, induction kits is HUGE! Love this car!
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 23:25   #57
Dano
Saxperience Forum Bum
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): DubYaRex
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Dano is on a distinguished road

that induction kit is mental, love it

Wheels really set the car off
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 23:34   #58
JRC1
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 16v'd White Furio & MK5 Golf R32
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
JRC1 is on a distinguished road

Love it mate! Bay looks so tidy and the wheels set it off now! Loving that TTS in the garage as well LOL!
xsi box makes it fast, rallye box makes it mental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadoryu View Post
listen to JRC1 he know's his white cars. i jizz three times everytime i see his car.
JRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 11:39   #59
Hopcraft
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): ED30
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Hopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team memberHopcraft is a well respected team member

Everything is spot on, inc the noise.
Hopcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:00   #60
Jay_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 92 Eunos
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Jay_ is on a distinguished road

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! this is all....

Jay_ is offline   Reply With Quote