Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 15th April 2011, 10:23   #1
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): posi blue mk2 2003 vtr
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
marcusd is on a distinguished road
Default outlook express problem

has been working fine for years, tried to add another account to it yesturday, and didn;t touch the settings for the original one which is tiscali but now i;m unable to send emails??? can recieve them fine tho, anyone know whats up and how to fix?
only thing thats changed is have cancelled tiscali account but this was weeks ago and can;t see why they;d stop being able to send messages?
marcusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 22:10   #2
barrettp
Super Moderator

Car(s): Focus
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!barrett is absolutely fabulous!

You need to change the outgoing mail server address to match your current Internet providers settings.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 09:30   #3
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore

and how do i do that? and is that smtp thingy?
and is that still to use the old email address too cos i deleted the new one as i don;t and won;t use it
Old 18th April 2011, 10:35   #4
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Don't think tiscali accounts are free?????
If you have cancelled your tiscali account, then no way would they let you relay smtp traffic through their mail servers or use one of their address'. So that's why it doesn't work.

Who is your new provider? Most decent ISP's put configuration guides up, which will save someone having to explain it to you.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:14   #5
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore

they are free as i signed me old dear up. i;ve read thro the config parts and all settings are correct, as i can recieve emails, and if i log into my email account on their website i can send them just not throu outlook.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:21   #6
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusd View Post
they are free as i signed me old dear up. i;ve read thro the config parts and all settings are correct, as i can recieve emails, and if i log into my email account on their website i can send them just not throu outlook.
It could be a couple of things, your new ISP isn't allowing you to relay out through other SMTP servers.
Or tiscali doesn't allow I.Ps which are not part of their range to relay mail, which I would say is the reason. One of reasons behind not allowing other ISP's I.P ranges to relay is to prevent against SPAM.

You using POP to download mail?

Last edited by Steve; 18th April 2011 at 11:23.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote