Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 21st January 2012, 07:18   #21
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ05LLY View Post
Good job I'm not a hardcore audiophile, at least when i get some good cable it should be a nice little upgrade for me.

now to do some overtime to pay for more toys.

So basically now i have

Decent speakers
Rubbish amp
Rubbish cable

What would you upgrade next?

Ive been advised to sort out my signal into the amp first. So my dac and some kind of music streamer and cd player etc. Then look to the amp and lastly the cable. What order would you go round things

Im just wanting a nice clean 2.0 system for now which can stream music from my macs or network drive with a cd player and maybe even digital radio with as much quality as possible within a reasonable price. Don't mind saving from month to month to get good items
I'd upgrade the amp first, so you can get the connectivity sorted. Have a look a NAD amps or ONKYO, they're both excellent value for money. I know you're after a 2.0 but a multichannel amp will offer you more connectivity (anything from your mac to games consoles etc)while still giving you the option of stereo reproduction.

Now if you're set for just stereo, have a look at the same brands on Ebay, they're cheap as chips. after that you can have a look at a CD player. Anything goes, I'd look at NAD & ONKYO again, then stuff like Marantz, cambridge audio, Meridian, Linn etc. Plenty of options out there.

I'd change the cables last, as you may see it doesn't go cheap. On the other side once you bought some real decent non snakeoil stuff, it's for life.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_...M+PAIR+BI+WIRE The other problem being if you have a missus, it may be a pain to justify the purchase.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 07:55   #22
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

I've been offered a Denon 1909 from a guy who is local for £100, good deal? Average? Or hold out and go for something better with more features and power
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 08:09   #23
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Yea I'm kind of warning to Sonos now. Do you use any kind of DAC after the sonos? Or you finding quality good enough?
Tbh I haven't bothered with a DAC. I really don't use the system much and if I do it tends to be ripped CDs mp3 or even YouTube rips that's being played! Used to be interested in pursuing quality but decided to spend the money on holidays and shit instead

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 08:22   #24
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I've been offered a Denon 1909 from a guy who is local for £100, good deal? Average? Or hold out and go for something better with more features and power
at a £100 seems like a very good deal. Don't worry about the power since it rates at 90 watts per channel. Add a beefy sub to that and you should be able to simulate earthquakes.

In your situation I'd buy before someone else does, that's dirt cheap (original price is 500). Here's the whatfi review: http://www.whathifi.com/review/denon-avr-1909

The only pain in the ass about receivers is to calibrate them properly. Once that's done you're good to go and enjoy your music, films and games collection.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 18:29   #25
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

No posted for a while, well I've saved up some pennies again, so am going to buy myself an dedicated stereo amplifier.
Went to an audio shop and listened to the Musical Fidelity m3i amplifier and was very impressed, it's slightly under powering but they sounded so well together

M3i amp

I think next on my list is either a cd player or dac, cd player wise I don't think I will spend much as I do not have many now or days. Will be more streaming I am I to so don't wanna go wild prob £200 range
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote