Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 4th February 2010, 22:01   #1
Lew_C
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Slowda Octavia vRS SOLD - Cam'd Chip'd VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Lew_C is on a distinguished road
Default How hard is it to change heater blower motor

Mine is squeaking pretty bad now so time to go
where is it located and how difficult is it to change?

thanks!
Old 4th February 2010, 22:04   #2
saxo-parts
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): C2 VTR stripped, 406hdi, clio 172
iTrader Score: 27 (100%)
saxo-parts is on a distinguished road

located under the dash just above the drivers right foot
saxo-parts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saxo-parts For This Useful Post:
Old 4th February 2010, 22:04   #3
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

behind the dash, dash out job.

Worth just buying a second hand whole unit and dropping that in with a new heater matrix
Old 4th February 2010, 22:05   #4
Lew_C
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
behind the dash, dash out job.

Worth just buying a second hand whole unit and dropping that in with a new heater matrix
isnt the heater matrix passengers side?
Old 4th February 2010, 22:06   #5
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew_C View Post
isnt the heater matrix passengers side?
eh ?!

The heater matrix is within the whole 'heater/blowing unit in the middle behind the dash.

It actually comes out of the drivers side of this unit
Old 4th February 2010, 22:14   #6
Lew_C
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
eh ?!

The heater matrix is within the whole 'heater/blowing unit in the middle behind the dash.

It actually comes out of the drivers side of this unit
ah okay! ive never been behind a dash on one of these so i have no idea to be honest lol

its a big job, think il live with the squeaking for now
Old 4th February 2010, 22:31   #7
hazza-106
L-plater

Car(s): Peugeot 106 XSi 1.4 Saxo 1.1i
hazza-106 is on a distinguished road

be patient when you do it, i got soo bloody frustrated bearing in mind i undid half the dash and squeezed it out!
hazza-106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 22:32   #8
Lew_C
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazza-106 View Post
be patient when you do it, i got soo bloody frustrated bearing in mind i undid half the dash and squeezed it out!
ouch, sounds like a hand scraper that does..
Old 9th February 2010, 18:09   #9
scottyboy553

scottyboy553 is on a distinguished road

dont worry m8,there a piece of p#ss,i replaced mine other day in my track car as it packed up,there is no need to take the whole dash out,i just removed the steering wheel and dials,removed the drivers side vent,remove wipers and wiper motor and undo the 2 10mm nuts that hold blower moter in place,back in car remove the bit of material thats above the pedals so u can reach up under the dash,pull off the plastic air duct that goes to the drivers side vent and remove from behind the dash,you now will be able to see the blower motor through the hole where your wheel and dials used to be,reach up under the dash and wiggle the bolts on the motor out of bulk head.Twist it on its side and work it down and pull it out from under the dash in footwell above pedals,just make sure you move any wires out off way and its a doddle.Took me 30 mins.hope this info is usefull.
scottyboy553 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottyboy553 For This Useful Post:
Old 10th February 2010, 07:15   #10
Lew_C
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy553 View Post
dont worry m8,there a piece of p#ss,i replaced mine other day in my track car as it packed up,there is no need to take the whole dash out,i just removed the steering wheel and dials,removed the drivers side vent,remove wipers and wiper motor and undo the 2 10mm nuts that hold blower moter in place,back in car remove the bit of material thats above the pedals so u can reach up under the dash,pull off the plastic air duct that goes to the drivers side vent and remove from behind the dash,you now will be able to see the blower motor through the hole where your wheel and dials used to be,reach up under the dash and wiggle the bolts on the motor out of bulk head.Twist it on its side and work it down and pull it out from under the dash in footwell above pedals,just make sure you move any wires out off way and its a doddle.Took me 30 mins.hope this info is usefull.
Top notch mate! thanks a bunch
Old 17th May 2013, 22:48   #11
MrSaxo1

MrSaxo1 is on a distinguished road
Default 1997 saxo heater problem

hi there im new to this site so I apologise for writing a post here ( I didn't know where to write it) I was wondering where the heater motor is located on a 1997 p reg saxo as my heater isn't working and ive been told to have a look at that and plug it back in ( apparently it could of "been knocked out", could you reply to me at zac.edmonds@hotmail.com

many thanks

zac
MrSaxo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 10:35   #12
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaxo1 View Post
hi there im new to this site so I apologise for writing a post here ( I didn't know where to write it) I was wondering where the heater motor is located on a 1997 p reg saxo as my heater isn't working and ive been told to have a look at that and plug it back in ( apparently it could of "been knocked out", could you reply to me at zac.edmonds@hotmail.com

many thanks

zac
Same place as all saxo`s mate above your right knee(drivers side)use the guide that the other poster put up in this thread.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 16:39   #13
Jeepster

Car(s): Saxo Forte 1.1 x,sx
Jeepster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew_C View Post
Top notch mate! :D thanks a bunch
Just done this myself, however I managed to get the blower motor out without removing the steering wheel, clocks, wiper motor or the wiper motor plastic covering shroud. It is a bit fiddly but saves a lot of time.
The way I did it was to remove the plastic cover that sits below the steering wheel, the felt cover above the pedals, the outer (driver side) blower vent, unplug the motor, pull the ducting out that goes from the centre heater unit to the driver side vent. Next remove the wiper arms and the upper scuttle cover. I have siliconed the cover shroud (that sits above the wiper motor) to the edge along the bottom of the screen to keep water out of the pollen filter opening, so I just carefully bent it up so that the rear edge of the bonnet held it, then you can undo the two nuts that hold the motor in place using a long 10mm socket and a few extender bars, without removing the wiper motor. Then the blower motor can be removed as described in the earlier posts.

Hope this helps. By the way I would definitely recommend removing the worn out foam strip from the wiper motor cover shroud and replacing it with a thick bead of silicone - everything is now much drier as you don’t get water running under it and into the top of the blower motor - also watch out for overspill when washing the car as the scuttle is poorly designed and excess water pours into the hole above the blower motor - this is especially bad if you use drive through car washes.
Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:43   #14
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
Just done this myself, however I managed to get the blower motor out without removing the steering wheel, clocks, wiper motor or the wiper motor plastic covering shroud. It is a bit fiddly but saves a lot of time.
The way I did it was to remove the plastic cover that sits below the steering wheel, the felt cover above the pedals, the outer (driver side) blower vent, unplug the motor, pull the ducting out that goes from the centre heater unit to the driver side vent. Next remove the wiper arms and the upper scuttle cover. I have siliconed the cover shroud (that sits above the wiper motor) to the edge along the bottom of the screen to keep water out of the pollen filter opening, so I just carefully bent it up so that the rear edge of the bonnet held it, then you can undo the two nuts that hold the motor in place using a long 10mm socket and a few extender bars, without removing the wiper motor. Then the blower motor can be removed as described in the earlier posts.

Hope this helps. By the way I would definitely recommend removing the worn out foam strip from the wiper motor cover shroud and replacing it with a thick bead of silicone - everything is now much drier as you don’t get water running under it and into the top of the blower motor - also watch out for overspill when washing the car as the scuttle is poorly designed and excess water pours into the hole above the blower motor - this is especially bad if you use drive through car washes.
That's interesting, none of mine have ever had water come in there. This only happens if the drain holes are partially blocked. These never leak here.