Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 23rd February 2007, 16:58   #1
woodsy
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): mk1 1998 silver saxo vts
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
woodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to behold
Default *How to guide* for fitting oil pressure gauges

This is a how to guide with pictures for fitting a oil pressure gauge to a mk1 vts. Would fit the mk2 too but not sure about the vtr’s. (8v)

First thing you need to do is obviously source a gauge. They come in 2 types ‘bar’ and ‘psi’. Decide which one is for you and check to see if it comes with a sender unit or is a direct fit from block to gauge. I got mine from a very reliable Ebay shop which import them from Hong Kong. Heres a pic of my sender and gauges which are similar to the Defi gauges to give you a idea:-

As a saxo doesn’t come with a standard oil pressure gauge we need to ‘tap’ into the block and the best place to do this is behind the manifold where the oil pressure switch is. Behing the manifold you will see 2 sensors, 1 pointing downwards which is the oil level sensor and 1 directly into the block this is the one we want and what it looks like when removed. Becarful though as you may loose some oil when removed so have a cloth ready!!!

The best place I found to order parts was on the demon-tweeks website. www.demon-tweeks.co.uk. The part numbers you need are:-
LMA 054, oil gauge t-piece M16x1.5 to 1/8”npt.
LMA 007, oil pipe adaptor 1/8” bsp to 1/8”npt.
LMA 004 oil pressure pipeline. Now the oil pipeline is availible in braided hose type or black hosing but the latter one needs to be secured away from the engine and manifold. Also 1 end needs to be a female end and the other depends on what is on your sender/gauge. Give the guys a call at DT and they will be happy to help. The 3 parts connected look like this

Now we have to connect the oil pressure switch and oil pipe adaptor (LMA 007) into the T-piece. (LMA 054). I had to place a washer between the switch and T-piece to ensure it tightend up properly and also used some PTFE tape on the threads. Should now look like this .

now this bit is a bit fiddly as the dipstick pipe can be in the way, all I did was unbolt it to allow me to screw the T-piece in and tighten it up which should look like this

Once this is done you can now connect the pipeline (LMA 004) to the oil pipe adaptor (LMA 007) and remember to replace the 2 plugs on the switch and oil level sensor. Now the hose and the sender needs needs to be fastened up correctly avoiding hot engine components. As im using the black plastic pipeline for now I covererd it in a protective heat wrap used for wires. Once this is complete you can go about mounting and wiring up your gauge and wiring the gauge to the sender The best way I found to do this is to run the correct amount of wires down the side of your dashboard, threw the speaker/door gromit, into the wing and cable tied in place then into the bay via the headlight wires.

As I cant tell you how to wire your gauge up because most gauges are different and my instructions are in chinese!!!!. If you wish to go about this I will be happy to help providing you can email your instructions. Good luck and hope this helps a lot … Woodsy
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:03   #2
Colin
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo Rally Car Evo 6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Colin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant futureColin has a brilliant future

Nice mate! Ive always wanted a oil pressure gauge. I will have to now look into it more.

Thanks buddy.
Smoking Bozos Since 1988
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:05   #3
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): '72 Bug
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

awesome guide mate!! really useful and pics are very good. Top marks! I will be following suit soon, and will be using your guide!! cheers.
yerdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:10   #4
woodsy
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

woodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to behold

rep would be good to say thanks
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:43   #5
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

lol i was thinking about doing this with a vacuum gauge, u can fit it for me
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:45   #6
woodsy
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

might do aye need cups of tea though
Old 27th March 2007, 22:24   #7
fredjudd
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR full Janspeed exhuast (4-2
fredjudd has a spectacular aura aboutfredjudd has a spectacular aura about

you legend, i would rep you but i need to "spread some about" lol

All 1.1 owners are noobs...
fredjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 22:29   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

very nice indeed, but you shouldnt be asking for rep you naughty boy

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 01:30   #9
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

nice guide here mate. some of which i will be using very soon
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steviet For This Useful Post:
Old 7th November 2007, 12:06   #10
Saint
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Saint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to beholdSaint is a splendid one to behold

Think ill give this go on weekend BUT anyone know if its same fit for mk2 with cat in the manifold? will it get in way or not ? ta
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 13:19   #11
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

looks really nice, good guide mate.
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 17:53   #12
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Nice one m8, would be interested on getting on for my furio, although if anyone makes a guide to ft a mk2 let me no!
Old 8th November 2007, 22:11   #13
saxo_ro

saxo_ro is on a distinguished road

wouldnt mind seeing pics of where your wiring goes mate and where you've mounted the sender unit?

good guide btw
saxo_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 01:18   #14
Chris_Mac
Infrequent Poster

Chris_Mac has a spectacular aura aboutChris_Mac has a spectacular aura aboutChris_Mac has a spectacular aura about

i have a gauge and sender unit for sale

brand new oil pressure gauge

in the box

£20

pm me IF SERIOUS
Chris_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 07:19   #15
saxo_ro

saxo_ro is on a distinguished road

and also the ebay link you've bought it from would be good as well.
saxo_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:57   #16
Salem
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo 1.5D
Salem is on a distinguished road

I've got a problem, and it is that I don't knwo where to put the temp and pressure oil sensors.

My car is the 1.5D.

Some pics:

May I put the oil pressure or temp sensor in that hole near the oil filter?

I need some ideas.
Salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 14:42   #17
young-saxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 desire mk2 02 plate
young-saxo will become famous soon enough

good guide matey
young-saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:09   #18
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

good thread, can i jsut ask why you didnt put the sender straight in to the T peice ?

heat ?

i have the exact same sender as you
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:14   #19
pjm300
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): T/B'd VTS
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!pjm300 is a great team player!

donald, apparently the vibrations kill the sender.

ive got the tim sender, and one's died, my new one's playing up, so thoroughly recommended to distance it from the vibrations
pjm300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:23   #20
don55
Established Member

Car(s): Super stripped VTS transit camper iveco work hor
don55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to beholddon55 is a splendid one to behold

ahhh ha, with solid mounts mine will shake it clean of id imagine.

nice one dude