Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 15th March 2007, 15:19   #1
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!
Default Website bandits!

So iv just finished a website for the company i work for (TEO) and added the masterful Google Analytics web tracker to it.

One of my work mates also uses this for his website & so we were runing through some of the features of it with the project coordinator. Using Andrew (workmates) website - since his has been active for a while there were more stats to play with to demonstrate it.

As we ere flicking though them we noticed some peculiar hits coming from a foreign domain.

Immediatly Andrew twigged that someone had copied his website and was runing it on a private server and hadnt spotted the web tracker code in the page. So off we went to: www.antarez.de

The home page is hidden but after a little muddeling through the logs on his server andrew grabbed a url to one of the pages within the site.

So does anyone spot any similarities between:

Andrew Cavers .com & Antarez .de

Theif!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 15:23   #2
saxodan
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Golf
saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!saxodan is absolutely fabulous!

Haha robbed

Design is intelctual copyright but code is not..

The design looks more than 20% changed too witch I think is the legal standard..
saxodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 15:24   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

cant see any similarities... The foreign one loaded faster haha
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 15:52   #4
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

I wouldnt say it was 20% changed. The fact that he has left andrews copyright notice on it & his analytics script shows the pirate has barely read through it & only changed the images & text to his own!

I think its appauling. Imagine you spent hours building a house perfectly & uniquely to your own taste and one day you come home and next door is the exact same house with a different coloured door & number. Its not on imo

Old 15th March 2007, 15:55   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

is there anything you can do?

Do you want me to call upon cloud and start a keyboard war?
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 15:59   #6
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Andrews site is majority wrote in javascript, how would you draw the line between whats code & whats design? In any case how do you measure design in terms of percentage?

Iv got an email pre written to cloud Ads, no worries. We will wait till we hear back from the pirate and decide where to go from there

Old 15th March 2007, 16:05   #7
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Heh heh, we found photos of him on google images

We have his address too, maybe we should fly to germany & give him a knock or we can send cloud along while hes at the ring