Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 11th March 2007, 00:40   #1
Graham
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): VW Golf
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!
Default new computer that dont work

i bought a new computer from dell about 2 weeks ago and since the 1st day it hasnt worked! it worked the 1st time i turned it on but after that it didnt load windows and just shows me a blank screen! after about 5 hours on the phone to them they sent a me a new one today and this one doesnt work either! has anybody else had any trouble with dell computers?
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 00:41   #2
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

have you read the setup manual properly? - would be very unlikely that you got two dodgy computers. Companies like Dell have very good quality management.
Old 11th March 2007, 00:49   #3
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

to be fair scrott, all you need to do is plug and play. not counting the need to install all the other programs.. but if it wont even turn on for him..

the only PC trouble we have had has been with tiny, and PC world. our local store only has 1 competent staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 01:00   #4
Graham
Saxperience Forum Bum

Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!Graham is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snewham View Post
have you read the setup manual properly? - would be very unlikely that you got two dodgy computers. Companies like Dell have very good quality management.
yeh it jus said to plug it all in and everything should already be installed. on the phone the computer technians seem to be so clueless about everything. they keep refusin to send me a technian to my home to do it for me even though i paid extra for that service!
Old 11th March 2007, 16:09   #5
cdyson4
Regular Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): vts mk2
cdyson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

dell are shit
cdyson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2007, 17:14   #6
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

When you say it shows a black screen, is there any text on it?. If so, what does it say?. If you have paid for extra service then they are bound by law to provide it. When you call em, ask to speak to a manager/supervisor and mention trading standards and citizens advice.

The chances of getting two duff computers is very slim but i suppose its possible. To be honest i wouldnt buy a PC from Dell. They are only a big name becuase they provide servers and other equipment to large companies who pay them a lot of money, so Dell give them the best support possible. If you are buying a single PC from the, there support seems to be useless.

I would ring em up and kick right off. If that fails then get in touch with Trad Standards and Citizens Advice.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 16:12   #7
Graham
Saxperience Forum Bum

spent an hour on the phone to dell today and finally fixed it!! i was finally able to speak to a technian who actually seemed to know what they were talking about it was a problem with the display driver because it wasnt compatible with windows vista so they had to send me some patch which fixed it.
Old 13th March 2007, 16:17   #8
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

Was the screen on?
Old 13th March 2007, 17:42   #9
Graham
Saxperience Forum Bum

obviously
Old 14th March 2007, 11:04   #10
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Vista - Your gonna have problems like that for ageeeeees