Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th February 2007, 13:25   #1
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 401 bhp r33 skyline
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future
Default one for the computer geniuses

right, id say my comps averagely powerfull, its pretty new and i can play games on it no problem.

just bought hitman: blood money today and it like.... its really slow, like stupidly slow, insted of it been smooth its like the screen refreshes every second instead of every few milliseconds or whatever its suposed to be when you play a game.... ive turned the graphics down to the lowest settings on the game and have just installed directx 9 and it hasnt helped at all.... any ideas people?

Rep available
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 16:27   #2
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Try the game website mate, might be a patch available. also check your graphics card manufacturers website for driver updates...

hola back if it doesnt work
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 16:32   #3
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

whats the disc space like on the drive the game is installed on?

What your spec of your machine.
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 16:35   #4
MTR
Frequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Mark II VTR [Gold]
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of lightMTR is a glorious beacon of light

PC spec would be very helpful. Hitman can tax some very good systems.
MTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 17:00   #5
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR View Post
PC spec would be very helpful. Hitman can tax some very good systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leckie View Post
whats the disc space like on the drive the game is installed on?

What your spec of your machine.
oh god that just went straight over my head. how do i find out?
Old 10th February 2007, 17:05   #6
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Right click My Computer.. then Properties and it will tell you your spec on that page..
Old 10th February 2007, 17:06   #7
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Computer:
AMD Sempron{TM} Processor 3000+
1.80GHz, 512MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension
Old 10th February 2007, 17:08   #8
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

here are the minimum require ments...

Quote:
Here are the minimum requirements:
• Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or Athlon XP equivalent
• 512MB RAM
• 100% DirectX 9.0c Compatible Video Card (GeForce FX/Radeon 9500 or higher)
• 100% DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
• Quad-Speed (4x) DVD-Rom drive
• 5.0GB free disk space
You PC is boarder line for the game tbh...
Old 10th February 2007, 17:08   #9
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

Car(s): Toyota Carolla Saxo Furio!
Col468 will become famous soon enough

hrm we will need to know...

Operating system (start>Run>Winver> will tell you the version)

Graphics card (right click on your desktop, properties, settings, it will say "Name of monitor" on "Name of graphics card")

Processor (Right click on my computer on desktop(if its not a shortcut) click properties, in the dialog that comes up it will tell you the cpu and ram)

Ram (same as processor)

if you have an anti virus, try turning it off before you play games.
Col468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 17:13   #10
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

so even though its borderline and theres nothing else running apart from the game it shoudl still play well though shouldnt it..... is it more than likely my comp? the disc hasnt got a mark on it
Old 10th February 2007, 17:19   #11
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
so even though its borderline and theres nothing else running apart from the game it shoudl still play well though shouldnt it..... is it more than likely my comp? the disc hasnt got a mark on it
the game is installed on your pc i presume, it just uses the disk to verify that the game is legal, or it usualy does. what i would do is open the game, tab out of the game, right click on the bottom bar and click tast manager. click the cpu to order by the cpu usage, then look at what is using your cpu, if is nothing but the game you shouldnt have a problem. if u have other tasks running, right click on the game proccess and then click priority, then click high, or real time. other things u can do is stop the other tasks that are using the proccessor or ram.
if there is nothing but the game using the cpu, u might want to do the same with the ram usage. last thins i can think of is your graphics card drivers not installed properly, or using the wrong video render for the game.
Col
Old 10th February 2007, 17:21   #12
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

oh, and just because you don't think that there are other tasks running, it doesn't mean that there aren't any.

i really don't like not being able to edit my posts!!
Old 10th February 2007, 17:22   #13
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col468 View Post
the game is installed on your pc i presume, it just uses the disk to verify that the game is legal, or it usualy does. what i would do is open the game, tab out of the game, right click on the bottom bar and click tast manager. click the cpu to order by the cpu usage, then look at what is using your cpu, if is nothing but the game you shouldnt have a problem. if u have other tasks running, right click on the game proccess and then click priority, then click high, or real time. other things u can do is stop the other tasks that are using the proccessor or ram.
if there is nothing but the game using the cpu, u might want to do the same with the ram usage. last thins i can think of is your graphics card drivers not installed properly, or using the wrong video render for the game.
Col
cheers mate, i can play any other games perfectly fine. not very graphical games if you know what i meen... i.e. C&C Generals, Rainbow six's etc

ill have a go at what you just said and report back

cheers people, rep on the way
Old 10th February 2007, 17:26   #14
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

im just downloading a patch for it now v1.2

ill tell you how i get on
Old 10th February 2007, 17:36   #15
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

right its made it a bit better but its still unplayable. how much and where from can i get a bigger CPU or whatever i need to play the game?
Old 10th February 2007, 17:48   #16
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

http://dabs.com <best place on net to find something, but hen search google for a better price.

i'm pretty sure it wont need upgrading it will be your computer software not hardware.

but.. if you realy want to upgrade, with amd you may need to change your mother board. if this is nesesary i would change to pentium or amd athlon.
say 100 for the board, 100 for the processor.
if your graphics are on board the motherboard you will need to know this before you go and just buy any board, you may need to buy a grpahincs card and a sound card depending on the motherboard that you choose.

the 1st thing i would do upgrading my computer is the RAM, buying 1 stick of 512 ram is around 30-50 pounds (or was when i 1st got it) kingson is the best allround ram.

to be honest, i wouldn't waste my time upgrading a computer of that spec it should run the game. in game make sure your game render is not D3D as it is wank unless you have the graphics card set up correctly for it.
Old 10th February 2007, 17:51   #17
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

before you buy any upgrades, Please make sure their compatible!
ram upgrade will be DDR, but u will need to open the computer up and see what it is, you get different bus speeds and if u buy one with a slower bus speed that the one you have, both of them will work at the slower speed, so it will just be wasting your money of having the higher bus speed.
but if u just replace the stick that you already have in and buy 1gb, you wont have the problem, just make sure the ram is DDR not SD that you need.
Old 10th February 2007, 17:52   #18
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
http://dabs.com <best place on net to find something, but hen search google for a better price.

i'm pretty sure it wont need upgrading it will be your computer software not hardware.

but.. if you realy want to upgrade, with amd you may need to change your mother board. if this is nesesary i would change to pentium or amd athlon.
say 100 for the board, 100 for the processor.
if your graphics are on board the motherboard you will need to know this before you go and just buy any board, you may need to buy a grpahincs card and a sound card depending on the motherboard that you choose.

the 1st thing i would do upgrading my computer is the RAM, buying 1 stick of 512 ram is around 30-50 pounds (or was when i 1st got it) kingson is the best allround ram.

to be honest, i wouldn't waste my time upgrading a computer of that spec it should run the game. in game make sure your game render is not D3D as it is wank unless you have the graphics card set up correctly for it.
honestly mate straight over my head. do i just need to buy a graphics card or something or some more RAM?
Old 10th February 2007, 17:59   #19
Col468
L-plater
North West Region Member

lol sorry mate, what im saying is...

dont upgrade. ask the people that know more about the game, it will be a setting or something not agreeing with your computer setup.

but, IF i was going to upgrade your computer, without spending 200+ on it i would only buy RAM and maby a new graphics card (decent 1 50+)
Old 10th February 2007, 18:25   #20
Robbo
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Quote:
lol sorry mate, what im saying is...

dont upgrade. ask the people that know more about the game, it will be a setting or something not agreeing with your computer setup.

but, IF i was going to upgrade your computer, without spending 200+ on it i would only buy RAM and maby a new graphics card (decent 1 50+)
thanks mate, youve helped ALOT!

ive repped everyone anyways

is it easy to put my own graphics card and ram in my comp?