Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th June 2010, 23:26   #21
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
most proper events arent filled with chavs though lol

mala and loefah both said the only time they advertise DMZ is in the toilets of the club 1 week before. and on the dubstep forum. that way it keeps the chavs / pop music fan club away. It was the first ever dubstep night so the purists will always know about it, and it's always sold out.

I've never seen any trouble at a dnb night for example. if you attend the better events, theyre all filled with people there for one reason; the music - just how it should be everywhere imo
Yeah thats pretty true to be fair, A lot of hard work goes into the bigger dnb nights, You have someone kicking off and they're usually dragged out and told to fuck off. Its different down Brum though Ash, i think theres more dickheads/ trouble makers than in a few other places. Not to say you cant go to Brum and have a good night, cause you can, This is just what ive seen myself. Gangs trying to roll past security at valve sounds. Thats a big night. ( Luckily they werent gettting in and po po came and told them to do one)

With bassline, (seen it myself) a kick of takes place and everyone gets involved, Like there all trying to make a point like " im the hardest " lol its pathetic.

Like i say, Its all about the vocal UK Garage for me, along with liquid dnb and other nice vocal tunes on similar lines. Having said that, im playing at Hysteria in August in Birminghams Custard Factory, That will be jump up.... We'll See how that goes. I do like the Newer dubstep sound too.. (Some of it, Neros Sincere remix for example) but i can see why people are annoyed, Its not like the old stuff at all. Same with bassline, It was speedy G at one point, with nice organs and vocals, then it got more Bass influenced, 4x4 emerged, and there were some wicked tunes, Some really good vocals.. Gemma Fox etc. No moodyness about it.... Then the MC's came along and thats when the chavs got on it and it all went south. " This ones a wobbler", "Put ya Shades on", Etap Galla Get Banged" ( refering to a cheap hotel in Brum where people tap a hoe after a night out. Its so frustrating.

It was so easily ruined because its relatively simple to make.... a 4 to the floor beat and a wobble bass = Not hard ( ten minute reason job).

Dubstep and DNB is more intelligent music to produce (more work involved) and i think thats why the 12 - 17 year old chavs cant get on it and whip a beat up in ten minutes and sell it as the next "big ting" and rinse it at all the lurky clubs.

T2 for example, Made "heartbroken" and havent heard from him since.... ?
Too many people making the money out of bassline/Music, then fucking off. Wheres the passion these days, To do it for the general love of music and the vibe, Personally thats what i do it for, Not a quick buck. Rant Over...

And Ash i think thats a good idea. Toilet advertising, Taking a shite then realising you've got a big rave to go to next week haha !
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote