Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st August 2021, 22:04   #1
Mets

Mets is on a distinguished road
Default '97 Saxo 1.1 Athena Coolant leak in intake manifold

Hello, guys,

First of all, I hope all are of good health.

My '97 Saxo 1.1 Athena is overheating. Found coolant level has gone down and there's a leak in the intake manifold (the whole area below the crack is soiled with coolant and is rusty colored--the car had a head gasket replacement by the previous owner and the engine is all rusty orange). I can see the water coming out of the crack in the intake manifold when I overfill the radiator 'tank'.

I have recently replaced the waterpump and timing belt because the car was overheating (but not loosing coolant). I ran fine for around 300/400km, then this...

The leak is coming from this place:

I've read here (on a Peugeot 205) that water does go through there. Something to do with the carbs.

To spare me from spending more money on the part and the time it'd take to disassemble it, I'm thinking about simply covering the crack with Pattex Nural 21. I've used it on other cast iron parts with great success. Can anyone confirm if this would be problem or it'd be fine to use it?

Thank you very much!!
Mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2021, 22:08   #2
Mets

Mets is on a distinguished road

Sorry, could not upload the images. Here's the link1 and link2.
Mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2021, 13:03   #3
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Oh yeah that's just a plug in the casting, you'll be absolutely fine to seal that over.

No idea what that glue is, but if it's a 2 part epoxy resin then I'm sure it'll seal well.

I'm sure you already know, but remember to bleed these engines turned OFF and to do it cold!