Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 14th November 2022, 09:21   #1
kwaterwindlife

kwaterwindlife is on a distinguished road
Default hot air without turning the heating on

Hello all,

I am a fairly new driver and just bought my Citroen Saxo (petrol 1.1L) two months ago. I haven't got much experience yet so I am sorry if I asked some dumb questions here :/

I drove around Bedford and Cambridge yesterday, I felt the car was warmer than before even without heating on. I checked the engine temperature gauge and it pointed around the middle or slightly below while I was driving. I checked the engine coolant level just now, and could see it was around the neck. (I still can't locate the min/max markers) So I guess the level was fine? I just want to know if I need to be worried about this hot air situation in the car?

Thank you!
Chiying
kwaterwindlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2022, 09:24   #2
kwaterwindlife

Forgot to say, it was about 11 degrees when I was in Bedford at midday and when I drove to Cambridge from Kimbolton at 5ish pm it was a bit misty and still cold outside like 10 degrees or below. Not sure if this would affect the situation or not.
Old 14th November 2022, 21:08   #3
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sri_130 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure I get what the issue is...

It was blowing hot air into the cabin, yet you had the heating on cold and blowers turned off?
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2022, 13:36   #4
kwaterwindlife

yes, so the bar thing was pointing to the cold air side, and the fan (from 0 to 3) was pointing to 0. But I still felt warm air coming to me.