Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 29th December 2021, 22:09   #1
Ka-chao

Ka-chao is on a distinguished road
Default How much is a saxo actually worth?

Hi guys, looking to get a saxo as a first car. Not sure how good of an idea that is but here we are.

How much should I be spending on one? I think the 1.1 is the best choice for me and looking around it seems like ones that run are around 600-800 and then 1200+ seem to be in good condition with low mileage. Some are even closer to £2000 for what appears to be pretty good nick.

Is spending £2000 on a saxo a wise choice? They're certainly aging now and it doesn't seem like it's really worth that much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ka-chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2021, 23:41   #2
Micky325

Car(s): Mk2 vts saxo Evo 9 gt Evo 6 tommi makinen
Micky325 is on a distinguished road

Tread with extreme care as these cars are now all suffering from a lot of rust rot issues, check under fuse box, ecu ares, also rear chassis rails below boot floor and inner rear arches along with sills and jacking points, I doubt you’ll find one for under £2k That doesn’t require welding repair work as it’s just the age of these cars now unfortunately
Micky325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2021, 10:50   #3
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

These are going down like the Ford Ka did, rust in peace. Then there's the rear axle issues... What appears to be in good nick could let you down the next month.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2022, 12:08   #4
welshpug
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): ZX 16v, 205 GTI, 309 Goodwood, 405 MI16.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
welshpug is on a distinguished road

I would not buy a 2k saxo as a first car, I'd be looking at a £6-700 C2 and spend the rest on the insurance (which will probably be cheaper than a saxo)
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote