Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 27th January 2014, 13:12   #21
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

I never plan on playing 3D games, until gaming gets to the point where you wear a helmet, and hold a gun, and your movements control the game.. So i don't really care what the ONE runs 3D games at!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 13:18   #22
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Same im not arsed about 3d games. Thinking of getting a ps4 when i get paid
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 13:21   #23
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
gets to the point where you wear a helmet,
The manufacturers will have to get past the vomit and neckache problems first. The microsoft room projection mapping seemed promising when it was revealed, though it will be ages until something like that is available.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 14:00   #24
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

sure i saw something getting prototyped.. Might have been alienware, where they have a sort of treadmil, with 8 directional pads, then a vest that fastened to a circular rail around you, so it could see which way your body faced, and then the helmet...

Anyway, I'm not expecting anything for at least 20 years lol

Old 27th January 2014, 14:09   #25
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

They did something like that on the gadget show with tech available now. Was great.

I went for the PS4 after owning a 360. Far to many gimmicks on the Xbox, stuff i was paying for and just wouldnt use, especially since the tech in the PS4 is higher end than the xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 14:49   #26
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

So you notice the difference in graphics and stuff? What do you mean gimmicks? Like arcade games and stuff?

I'll always stand by the people who play xbox, have a better standard of game play over the gaystation!

Old 28th January 2014, 10:10   #27
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

No, i dont notice a difference in graphics... yet. Unfortunatly, you will later on in the consoles lives. The xbox has been filled with outdated RAM that wont cut it in a few years.

No, arcade games are on the PS4 as well. I meant like kinect and voice commands and plugging in your sky and all that other garbage. I wanted to game and thats it, the PS does it simply and brilliantly.

I cant agree tbh mate, i had the ps3, then thought it was rubbish and bought the 360, fantastic console, unfortunatly for xbox, the PS has a lot of the same features of the online from xbox now, and again i agree with you, but that was the old xbox.

The playstation was built for gaming, and you'll find a MASSIVE amount of hardcore xbox players have switched. Evidenced by the consoles selling numbers, online forums and the actual online of the playstation itself.

Im a teacher, i work with a lot of kids. they all have xbox. things have changed now, parents buy what kids want these days and as the xbox is more expensive, kids think its better, so they all have them now...

And the control pad... nothing more needs to be said. xbox 360 pad was the best pad id played with... until the PS4.

Quote:
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Old 28th January 2014, 11:23   #28
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

The ps3 technically out punches the xbox 360 and has yet to show that...

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 12:05   #29
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Don't agree with the pad, the PS4 pad isn't for me.. My thumbs feel too close together... Where the ONE pad has your thumbs kind of off center, which for some reason feels a lot more comfortable to me.

Suppose it's always going to be preference, but i quite enjoy kinect games and such, don't plug my tv in, but voice commands get used when i come in from work and fancy a game.. Can start the console, and a game up, and invite my friends to a party, while taking my mucky work clothes off..

Old 28th January 2014, 12:38   #30
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Don't agree with the pad, the PS4 pad isn't for me.. My thumbs feel too close together... Where the ONE pad has your thumbs kind of off center, which for some reason feels a lot more comfortable to me.

Suppose it's always going to be preference, but i quite enjoy kinect games and such, don't plug my tv in, but voice commands get used when i come in from work and fancy a game.. Can start the console, and a game up, and invite my friends to a party, while taking my mucky work clothes off..
Yeah thats it, its preference at the end of the day.

PS4 has voice controls that do all that, and the app which allows me to do it all from work

Quote:
Old 28th January 2014, 12:39   #31
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
The ps3 technically out punches the xbox 360 and has yet to show that...
Yeah, people make mistakes. They seem to have learnt this time. (Fingers crossed)

Quote:
Old 28th January 2014, 13:02   #32
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

I think they will end up the same again, same games and all.. Don't think developers will use 100% of a consoles capability, for the 5% of gamers who will actually appreciate the effort that's gone into it!

Old 28th January 2014, 13:13   #33
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

The xbox 360 was way easier for developers to make games than it was for the PS3 due to the PS3's CELL CPU architecture. Yes the PS3 was more powerful but like i said it was harder for developers to make games on it, for multi platform games that is. The games that were specifically made for the PS3 showed a lot more of its capabilities. This time the PS4 is apparently the easier console to develop games for and also has a 50% more powerful GPU and has DDR5 RAM, obviously again the power won't be tapped in multi platform games.

Last edited by martin1985; 28th January 2014 at 13:17.
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 19:26   #34
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

gddr5 is basically ddr3 optimised for graphics. The ESRAM in the One is capable of raw write AND read of about 200Gb/s, there are pretty awesome demos of tiny capacity esram units running layered textures - something in the order of a 16Mb esram unit running close to 7Gb of textures.

Once its sorted it should allow for some interesting stuff.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 21:14   #35
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Ign posted a decent video comparing tomb raider. Where the hell is it

Edit: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/27/...epcps3xbox-360

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:10   #36
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

On top of the video above, IGN also posted that a new Xbox One patch will open up 8% more processing power to be used for graphical purposes.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 15:34   #37
martin1985
Frequent Poster

Car(s): EP3 Type R
martin1985 is on a distinguished road

i dont know why ign included the pc version of Tomb Raider , if they released an update like they done to xbox1 & ps4 i bet the pc version will look better. otherwise good comparison video
martin1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 18:40   #38
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

I am a pathetic human being: I sat and watched that video and managed about a minute or so before I thought "my god I would so pump her".

Old 30th January 2014, 22:18   #39
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
I am a pathetic human being: I sat and watched that video and managed about a minute or so before I thought "my god I would so pump her".

Hold on, you didn't strum one out?!

Old 30th January 2014, 22:50   #40
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Hold on, you didn't strum one out?!
i jizzed myself at the glimpse of her bra.